January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I went to My Disney Eperience just to check out the process (I have a reservation for 15 nights with tickets and DDP liked to my account) but I cant find the "Modify" you mentioned, it lets me see the reservation but it says that if I want to modify it I have to call a phone number. Im I just not seeing it?

I am sorry on the computer under your reservation number it says change reservation, then on the second it also says change instead of modify. I just tried on my computer and when I hit change on the second page it says no new specials at this time at this resort.

Last edited:
I am sorry on the computer under your reservation number it says change reservation, then on the second it also says change instead of modify. I just tried on my computer and when I hit change on the second page it says no new specials at this time at this resort.

Not everyone has the option to modify online... i'm not sure that has to do with how old the reservation is or whether you booked online to begin with. I have one reservation (made over the phone) that is a bit older and I cannot modify online but I have another one that I made online yesterday and I am able to modify online.

I just want them to release discounts so I know if I am staying 6 or 7 nights... If I switch I will end up having to move ADRs around so I am still stalking this thread.

I am in the same predicament. I can't do anything until the deals come out and I plan accordingly!

Last spring we had a pretty good Rumor about the FD release date and I had alarms set on my phone every 30 mins throughout the night. It seemed silly but I saw the online release almost as soon as it was up and was able to book 3 trips for family and friends online before the phone lines ever opened!! :)
Yup! I was waiting for that FD release too last spring. It's so different traveling in the fall compared to winter! The planning starts MUCH farther ahead for fall travel!

If your reservation is already attached to My Disney Experience you can change the reservation my hitting modify reservation. After hitting modify a button will come up that says check for current special offers. It will check for your current resort and if none are available it will gave an alternative resort. If you do not like the alternative just hit cancel and you will go back to original reservation. I know it works for the public discounts I do not know about visa, I have been able to do this several times instead of calling or making a new reservation.

Thanks for this tip!! I have always booked free Dining BounceBack offers so didn't have the option to change online. I just tried what you suggested and received the 'no new offers' message.

Your tip is going to be very helpful @micandminforever...thank you!!

I have one reservation (made over the phone) that...I cannot modify online...I have another one that I made online ...I am able to modify online.
I think that may be exactly what affects this. If you make a reservation via phone you have to modify via phone. Make one online you can modify online. That's been my experience in the past.

Nothing today is what I was just told...if anyone hears differently let us know because cast member I just spoke with told me to call back in mid October which obviously is probably not accurate

I'm joining the watch party for a February discount. Generally speaking for 2 adults staying at a moderate resort, which is the prefered discount... Play Stay and Dine or Room only?

Not everyone has the option to modify online... i'm not sure that has to do with how old the reservation is or whether you booked online to begin with. I have one reservation (made over the phone) that is a bit older and I cannot modify online but I have another one that I made online yesterday and I am able to modify online.
I book by phone, but my reservation never appeared on MDE so I had to type in the reservation. Then the previous reservation I had to call tech support to link my reservation. Maybe that is the key book by computer or type the phone reservation into MDE yourself.

Nothing today is what I was just told...if anyone hears differently let us know because cast member I just spoke with told me to call back in mid October which obviously is probably not accurate

I noticed that the current promotion ends 10/7, so I actually wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see anything before then. I certainly hope it is sooner though!

When and if the discount comes on line, when will the reservation desk open up? I need to know if I have to get up earlier than I am.

When and if the discount comes on line, when will the reservation desk open up? I need to know if I have to get up earlier than I am.

The phone lines will open at 7:00am EST. The online offer will normally begin sometime before that. The most recent FD offer was online shortly after 5:30am. LOL - I had 4 trips booked for family and friends before the phone lines even opened!

The phone lines will open at 7:00am EST. The online offer will normally begin sometime before that. The most recent FD offer was online shortly after 5:30am. LOL - I had 4 trips booked for family and friends before the phone lines even opened!
It is always good to check on line early, even if you need to call in, because you know to that this the day get on the phone quick. Sometimes the only way to get the visa discount is by phone if it comes out first.

It is always good to check on line early, even if you need to call in, because you know to that this the day get on the phone quick. Sometimes the only way to get the visa discount is by phone if it comes out first.

Oh yes! The day that Free Dining was supposed to be dropped I had an alarm set on my phone every 30 mins to wake me up and check! Thankfully it paid off! I'll be doing that again next spring as I'll be hoping to snag a FD offer for myself since we cancelled our Sept trip due to Irma so could not book a FD BB offer.

Last spring I was dedicated and it was for family and friends. This year it will be for our family too. :)

Waiting for a Disney Visa discount to be announced! They (Disney and Visa) just renewed their corporate relationship so hopefully we'll hear soon. Last year I think it was announced Sept 23...

Waiting for a Disney Visa discount to be announced! They (Disney and Visa) just renewed their corporate relationship so hopefully we'll hear soon. Last year I think it was announced Sept 23...

It was a little bit later than the 23rd....

2017 Discounts:
Disney Visa Cardholders - Wed, Sep 28, 2016 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine
General Public - Fri, Sep 30, 2016 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine

I am also from New England and I wear a winter coat and gloves when it's in the 50's. My minimum temperature to go jacket-less is around 78-80 ish. :tongue:
Lol 50's is about long sleeve and sweatshirt weather for me along with pants of course. Where in New England are ya?

Does anyone know if the Disney Visa pre booking is for both Disney Visas? Contemplating applying just to get availability sooner. Any opinions on which card is the better deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter