January weather

mrs_coco

Earning My Ears
How has the weather been this year? We went mid-January 2016 and it was freezing, went early February 2017 and it was warm. How is the weather in late January typically?

How has the weather been this year? We went mid-January 2016 and it was freezing, went early February 2017 and it was warm. How is the weather in late January typically?
As you experienced, there is no typical late January weather at WDW. Winter weather there is highly variable, so pack lots of layers.

I would love to hear from someone experiencing the current weather this week about how they are dressing for days and evenings. Please share if you are there!

I would love to hear from someone experiencing the current weather this week about how they are dressing for days and evenings. Please share if you are there!
We toured Animal Kingdom yesterday and it was chilly, a humid cold in the 50's all day (remember that a humid cold feels much colder than a dry cold at the same temperature). Lots of people had bought themed Disney hoodies, scarves & gloves that were for sale in the shops (you know Disney must make a killing off of surprise cold fronts). Some people walked around with blankets pulled around themselves. This was midday, not early morning or in the evening.

I wished we had brought winter gear, but the weather forecast from a few days before had much rosier predictions. I always preach packing layers for winter Disney trips, but tried to avoid that this time as we had a cruise prior to our visit and luggage space was scarce. Live & learn.

Last edited:
and it was chilly, a humid cold in the 50's all day (remember that a humid cold feels much colder than a dry cold at the same temperature). Lots of people had bought themed Disney hoodies, scarves & gloves that were for sale in the shops (you know Disney must make a killing off of surprise cold fronts). Some people walked around with blankets pulled around themselves. This was midday, not early morning or in the evening.
Thanks, Shanti. I live in Portland, OR and the weather here is 45-50 during the day and feels chilly. I have been seeing the same kind of temps for Orlando evenings and was wondering how it might feel. I always think it will be warm, but I guess January is winter there, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!