Japan Meets Thread

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Yay!! After years of requests, Japan is a reality! So here it is! The Meets Thread for the new ABD Japan trip! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.

We are in for September 29!!! We are also doing the 2 night and 3 day post stay.

My Hubby and I will be going September 29th-October 9th!!!! (random surprise we were told this was an Adults Only) And we plan on adding 4 nights at the Mira Costa... so that will be fun stressing over (hahahaha) I already have a print out how to be on right at 5 months.

We also booked the september 29th adults only with the 3 day parks extension. Super excited! LUCky to Have gotten through in less than 30 minutes.

June 2nd with 2 night / 3 day add-on at Tokyo Disney! We will also do at least 1, hopefully 2, pre-nights in Kyoto! So excited for this amazing trip!

For those wondering, the add-on cost around $4,500.00 for both of us. I *may* try to price it out booking on our own at the MiraCosta at the 5 month mark (since we can cancel the add-on up to the PIF date), but I like the the fact that it has already been done for us, we get the FPs and transfers. Plenty of time to decide how to proceed on this.

June 2nd with the 2 Night TDR post stay! Let the over-planning commence!
Pretty excited. I lived in Tokyo as a teenager, but other than a long layover, haven't been back since. Plus, visiting Disney Sea will complete my visit to all the parks.

June 2nd with 2 night / 3 day add-on at Tokyo Disney! We will also do at least 1, hopefully 2, pre-nights in Kyoto! So excited for this amazing trip!

For those wondering, the add-on cost around $4,500.00 for both of us. I *may* try to price it out booking on our own at the MiraCosta at the 5 month mark (since we can cancel the add-on up to the PIF date), but I like the the fact that it has already been done for us, we get the FPs and transfers. Plenty of time to decide how to proceed on this.

With the 5 of us, it's $10k for the post stay. While I'm all about the convenience, I may see what I can do with either hotel as well. Can you still get the Fast Passes in some sort of package deal booking on your own? Regardless, it would probably be cheaper for us book 1 or 2 rooms and to hire a VIP guide.

Pretty excited. I lived in Tokyo as a teenager, but other than a long layover, haven't been back since. Plus, visiting Disney Sea will complete my visit to all the parks.

With the 5 of us, it's $10k for the post stay. While I'm all about the convenience, I may see what I can do with either hotel as well. Can you still get the Fast Passes in some sort of package deal booking on your own? Regardless, it would probably be cheaper for us book 1 or 2 rooms and to hire a VIP guide.
We are doing the same analysis. I wish there was a three night option, and I may try to add a night. I posted the package costs in another thread, but they pretty much cover the exact same stuff as ABD. The Miracosta 2-night package I priced out for as far out as I could look was up to 1300 a person, so ABDs price isn't too far off. Disneyland hotel is cheaper. You have to page down: https://www.disboards.com/threads/its-official-abd-is-going-to-japan.3663965/page-9

P.S. Meant to ask if you heard the total #'s for your June trip as I heard that was already sold out. I want to confirm the max is 40 on these!

You can book the package on your own with the same fast passes and breakfast included. Looks like around $1,020.00 for 2 nights / 3 days if I try a November date (the furthermost date I could try to book) at the Tokyo Disney Hotel. Seems like a significant savings to book on your own. I think we will try for the Mira Costa at the 5 month mark.

We might add on another day or 2 beyond the ABD add on as well. I won’t be looking to price it out on my own. I’d rather pay ABD in Disney gift cards that I can get for 5 miles on the dollar and usually at a discount to boot. I can’t do that if I pay direct. This way is less stressful and plays into my travel hacking plans.

I added on the 2 night post-trip also, and it was $2259, so no single supplement, which is crazy! I don't know that I could book it cheaper directly. But who knows!

@calypso726 's TA also mentioned that September was an Adults Only trip, and did I want to switch... :eek: Just what I need, more decisions!! (But I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with May).

Sayhello

Last edited:
You can book the package on your own with the same fast passes and breakfast included. Looks like around $1,020.00 for 2 nights / 3 days if I try a November date (the furthermost date I could try to book) at the Tokyo Disney Hotel. Seems like a significant savings to book on your own. I think we will try for the Mira Costa at the 5 month mark.

At a quick glance, it looks like our family of 5 can do a similar 2 day package at Mira Costa with 2 rooms for $5000. Better than $10k. Family room only options at DLR were less than $2000. So, we'll likely go one of those routes and stay 3-4 nights. I looked up VIP tours, but they're only in Japanese. Hmmm... still tempting. I can always point to the map at what attraction we want to go to next :)

We are doing the same analysis. I wish there was a three night option, and I may try to add a night. I posted the package costs in another thread, but they pretty much cover the exact same stuff as ABD. The Miracosta 2-night package I priced out for as far out as I could look was up to 1300 a person, so ABDs price isn't too far off. Disneyland hotel is cheaper. You have to page down: https://www.disboards.com/threads/its-official-abd-is-going-to-japan.3663965/page-9

P.S. Meant to ask if you heard the total #'s for your June trip as I heard that was already sold out. I want to confirm the max is 40 on these!

I'll continue to play with the numbers this week, but with our family of 5, it seems there are a few options all of which are less than ABD's.

Kevin (from Dreams) booked mine, so I'm not sure what the max is. If you call, let us know.

We are booked on the April 14-24, 2019, inaugural Adult Exclusive departure! We want to do the 3 day/2 night extension and have been told that is "on request," and we should get a confirmation for that within 24 hours to six months (that's quite a window!). Since it's new, I think they aren't quite sure about a lot of things. I really don't understand why the extension is so expensive. It seems to me that it's about $1,300 too high for a party of two, based on looking at some random dates through the Tokyo Disney website. The only advantages I can see to booking it as an extension is that it includes more FastPasses (15 vs. 8) and hotel/airport transfers.

We are booked on the April 14-24, 2019, inaugural Adult Exclusive departure! We want to do the 3 day/2 night extension and have been told that is "on request," and we should get a confirmation for that within 24 hours to six months (that's quite a window!). Since it's new, I think they aren't quite sure about a lot of things. I really don't understand why the extension is so expensive. It seems to me that it's about $1,300 too high for a party of two, based on looking at some random dates through the Tokyo Disney website. The only advantages I can see to booking it as an extension is that it includes more FastPasses (15 vs. 8) and hotel/airport transfers.

It includes some buffet breakfasts as well and doesn't say which category of rooms it is. Maybe they are theme park view..?

At a quick glance, it looks like our family of 5 can do a similar 2 day package at Mira Costa with 2 rooms for $5000. Better than $10k. Family room only options at DLR were less than $2000. So, we'll likely go one of those routes and stay 3-4 nights. I looked up VIP tours, but they're only in Japanese. Hmmm... still tempting. I can always point to the map at what attraction we want to go to next :)

@Cousin Orville when I was looking at private tours a few weeks ago, I contacted a company that specializes in Japan tours. The told me they don't offer VIP guides in Tokyo Disney like they do in the Shanghai park. If you hear otherwise please let me know, because the VIP guide in Shanghai was very worthwhile for us! Conversely we are there during the week, so the crowds might not be too bad from what I've read. I am excited for this trip!

Please keep us posted on your findings for adding on extra days in the parks on your own. If it's half the cost of what ABD is offering then it makes sense for us to book on our own! It is nice to know that we have the booking with ABD just in case we were to have trouble getting a hotel reservation on our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!