Japan Trip Update/Report

Thank goodness... I was worrying about learn how to ask for ice in Japan... I did figure it out in Paris... while my french is not very good, I did figure out the best way ask for it...
If you don’t know how to say something in Japanese, type it on google translate and they can get the idea of what you’re saying. I had to do that a couple times because I’m a picky eater

I got an email that there will be bad weather in Tokyo tomorrow and it might affect our flight >:(

I got an email that there will be bad weather in Tokyo tomorrow and it might affect our flight >:(

Oh No.... :headache:.... You might want to look for an airport hotel... just in case you don't make it out tomorrow... or make arrangement were you guys are staying.. so you have somewhere to sleep if needed...

Oh No.... :headache:.... You might want to look for an airport hotel... just in case you don't make it out tomorrow... or make arrangement were you guys are staying.. so you have somewhere to sleep if needed...
I don’t want to worry too much about it unless it actually gets cancelled or delayed. We’ll plan on going to the airport in the morning. Our flight isn’t until 3 pm

You can tour the Miracosta by taking the walkway from the monorail stop, rather than taking the entrance directly in Disneysea which is for hotel guests only.

Trip Report-Day 18
Today we made sure to get up earlier. We got to the monorail at 7:30 am but syth forgot his passholder (are you noticing a trend? Lol) so I got on while he went back to the hotel.
  • Got to the park at 7:40 am. Lines were HUGE! I was probably like 50 people back. This was for a 9 am park opening.
  • I ran with Syth’s ticket to Pooh’s hunny hunt and got a 9:55 which is pretty good. It’s really fun to find a fellow runner to run with lol. A ran next to a Japanese guy and we laughed while we were running even though we couldn’t understand each other.
  • Rode buzz Astro blasters (5 min wait)-I liked this one more than the one at wdw, the guns and targets light up, the one thing I didn’t like is you can’t hold the trigger down to shoot
  • Rode space mountain (10 min wait)
  • Did the lottery and won Let’s Party Gras! We had awesome luck with the lottery. Idk if it makes a difference but we always chose the last show.
  • Got a fp for thunder mountain (11:10-12:10)
  • Rode Pooh with our fp
  • Rode Pinocchio (15 min wait)-I didn’t really like this ride
  • Rode Snow White (20 min wait)-this was longer than I expected the wait to be but we wanted to ride it, I liked this a lot more than Pinocchio
  • Rode thunder mountain with our fp
  • Got a chicken and tomato calzone at pan galactic pizza port
    • This was by far one of the best things I ate. Waited about 10 minutes here.
  • Went to Tomorrowland terrace for an egg/beef patty, cheese and beef patty, cream cheese brownie, and chicken nuggets.
    • I was able to get my burger with just cheese on it. It tasted like a pork burger which I loved! The chicken nuggets were good. Syth liked that his egg/beef patty had avocado but said it tasted slightly like Salisbury steak. The cream cheese brownie was way too rich for my taste. We waited about 15 minutes here.
    • Side note: the bathroom here was tiny and not as clean
  • We were gonna get the chicken sandwich at plasma ray’s but the line was too long
  • Got pastries and mike’s melon bread at sweetheart cafe-the melon bread was really good, syth had the curry bread and he liked that better
  • At this point we were beyond ready for a break. Everything had a massive line, even snacks. We were gonna get a fp for monsters inc but they were all gone by 12. There wasn’t anything else we wanted a fp for so we didn’t get one
  • Slept until 4 pm-set an alarm. Got to monorail at 5 pm
  • Got soft serve ice cream in world bazaar-this was pretty standard but had a cute Mickey cookie on top
  • Got a hot dog set at refreshment corner-hot dog was pretty normal, fries were really good, pricing was only 850 yen for a hot dog, fries, and a drink
  • Bought some things in the home store. We didn’t think we’d buy any more souvenirs but you know how that goes lol
  • Used our lottery ticket to get into Let’s Party Gras. We had an aisle seat on the outside. This show was a lot of fun! They got the audience into it and the characters came right up to us. Max came by syth, hugged him, and I got it on video
  • Did Donald’s boat, chip and dale treehouse, and Minnie’s house-Minnie’s house was the most interactive
  • Got a Donald burger (shrimp) and Mickey glove chicken sandwich. Both were pretty good. I asked for only chicken on my sandwich and I had to point on a sheet why. I thought that was funny. The chicken sandwich was a little expensive (600 yen)
  • Went to Cinderella’s Fairy Tale Hall (no wait)
  • Went around the parade to go back to the Home Store. It was kind of a struggle getting around the parade but eventually we were able to. We bought some really cute stuff for our new house that I’m excited about!
  • After this we left the park and headed to Ikspiari. Syth wanted to get some food to take home from the super market.
I forgot to make a note about t shirt sizes. Almost all shirts are medium and large, no smalls and no XL. Funny thing is I wear a small and Syth wears an XL. I was told to
size up here so I bought a shirt in a medium. It’s a little too big but I’m still gonna keep it. Syth unfortunately couldn’t get any shirts here.

Another thing, I love that the bathrooms here have toilet seat cleaner to wipe the seat and a sound machine to cover the sound of you going to the bathroom.

We couldn’t find the Star Wars Mochi anywhere. I’m guessing it’s gone and the toy story 4 stuff took its place.

Overall, we had a very fun time at Tokyo Disney! I’m not sure when/if we’ll be back but if we do it’ll definitely be after the new lands open up. There were some rides we liked better here and some we didn’t. The snacks were really fun to try and we probably spent way too much on them lol. The merch is awesome! I’ll be posting individual posts for the places we stayed.

Attachments

• B4D1A0DE-612D-47C6-857A-FBA6A3B8330C.jpeg
    B4D1A0DE-612D-47C6-857A-FBA6A3B8330C.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 02593164-A10A-4EA4-941F-72E8FE61D654.jpeg
    02593164-A10A-4EA4-941F-72E8FE61D654.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CD7C80E3-EBF9-4D13-AD43-7E73B5B90080.jpeg
    CD7C80E3-EBF9-4D13-AD43-7E73B5B90080.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 46
  • AEBAA803-7DA4-4E7E-B8CA-CB1734CD61F6.jpeg
    AEBAA803-7DA4-4E7E-B8CA-CB1734CD61F6.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 46
  • F339A586-A738-450B-B909-66B6126FE601.jpeg
    F339A586-A738-450B-B909-66B6126FE601.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 47
  • B7006DCB-785B-45EE-B8C5-DCAA42A6AF3B.jpeg
    B7006DCB-785B-45EE-B8C5-DCAA42A6AF3B.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 45
  • 65B01017-AB9C-45F8-9F82-E51D4880061A.jpeg
    65B01017-AB9C-45F8-9F82-E51D4880061A.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 889E49A0-2F26-43EF-8031-4972EF8FD9E0.jpeg
    889E49A0-2F26-43EF-8031-4972EF8FD9E0.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 6FBBEC92-4823-40A4-9DBC-BBE68CEDA66A.jpeg
    6FBBEC92-4823-40A4-9DBC-BBE68CEDA66A.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 44

If you don’t know how to say something in Japanese, type it on google translate and they can get the idea of what you’re saying. I had to do that a couple times because I’m a picky eater
Have you had good luck with asking for them to remove things like sauces? I really dislike Mayo or ketchup or mustard or all of that stuff. Most of the other things I can pick off, but the sauces really seep into everything!

We went in the afternoon. They said are you checking in? We said no we just wanted to look around and they kind of laughed at us so we just left lol

So far our day has been good even with the crowds!

You have to exit the park and walk to the left and you’ll see the entrance. The entrance directly from the park is generally for hotel guests only. You can use it to go back in the park though.

I always ask my beverages with "no ice" and that was not a problem (yeah European here, don't like ice in my drinks, it waters them down :D). For the food I didn't need to make changes most of the time, but the few times I have had 50% yes and 50% no as answers ;).

Have you had good luck with asking for them to remove things like sauces? I really dislike Mayo or ketchup or mustard or all of that stuff. Most of the other things I can pick off, but the sauces really seep into everything!
I’ve had zero trouble everywhere we’ve gone. Some of the people have looked at me a little strange but in the end it was still not a problem. I only eat cheese on my burgers. At Disney they have everything premade (quick service) so it takes an extra 5 minutes because they write a special order but really 5 minutes isn’t long at all.

I always ask my beverages with "no ice" and that was not a problem (yeah European here, don't like ice in my drinks, it waters them down :D). For the food I didn't need to make changes most of the time, but the few times I have had 50% yes and 50% no as answers ;).
Oh that’s weird I never had anyone tell me no on my food. Maybe it depends on the server?

Sitting on the plane waiting to leave LAX and see our next flight is delayed. We’re gonna be dragging by the end of this. It might be a good thing to give us more time to get to that next flight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!