Japan Trip Update/Report

Thanks for posting the trip report and video. They are very helpful. I definitely have to improve how to use my credit card points. Will be following your vlog.

Thanks so much for your very detailed review of what you guys did at Disneyland/Sea...you guys seem to have gotten so so so much done. Hopefully our trip is as successful as yours seems to have been.

Next we went to Asakusa. The train ride was kind of long with lots of stops but we definitely have a handle on the trains now. The tourist center was a good area to see the skyline up high. This main street was SO busy and we didn’t like that at all. Way too many people and everyone is trying to get you to buy things. We did end up engraving our own chopsticks which look pretty cool. The Senso-ji temple had more guidance on what to do compared to Meiji-Jingu. We ate at McDonald’s in Asakusa and had no trouble communicating with staff. I was told before the trip you couldn’t order things a specific way but I got my burger with only cheese and had no issues. We ate upstairs in mcdonalds which was cool.

Hello, Haley

DH and I watched your youtube DAY 2 video tonight. Where abouts is the tourist center for seeing the skyline up high? Haven't seen anything about this. I looked into Skytree but it is sure pricey - so I doubt we will do that. Was there a cost for the tourist center?
Thanks Wendy

Hello, Haley

DH and I watched your youtube DAY 2 video tonight. Where abouts is the tourist center for seeing the skyline up high? Haven't seen anything about this. I looked into Skytree but it is sure pricey - so I doubt we will do that. Was there a cost for the tourist center?
Thanks Wendy
It’s a free building right across the street from the main entrance into the Asakusa street where all of the shops and stalls are at. We chose it because the skytree costs money and we just wanted a quick view of the city.
59BB2B18-39D2-44DA-9565-0186F14DF2B4.jpeg

Thanks, Haley. Photo helps a lot.

I've was considering the Tokyo Government buildings. But, haven't really figured out a direct /easy way to get to them from the Meiji Shrine. Love the view you got from the Visitor center.

Was considering Skytree after seeing the view Prince Charming Dev got on his recent visit - but it's too pricey for me.

Did you go to the Imperial Palace at all?

Thanks, Haley. Photo helps a lot.

I've was considering the Tokyo Government buildings. But, haven't really figured out a direct /easy way to get to them from the Meiji Shrine. Love the view you got from the Visitor center.

Was considering Skytree after seeing the view Prince Charming Dev got on his recent visit - but it's too pricey for me.

Did you go to the Imperial Palace at all?
I thought the view was great from the tourist center and it was free.

No we didn’t go to the imperial palace at all

I thought the view was great from the tourist center and it was free.

No we didn’t go to the imperial palace at all
Thanks, just finalizing all the details. We leave on our crusie next week. Looking forward to seeing to finally seeing Tokyo Disney and a little bit of Japan as well.

Thanks, just finalizing all the details. We leave on our crusie next week. Looking forward to seeing to finally seeing Tokyo Disney and a little bit of Japan as well.
You’ll have a great time! We absolutely loved japan. Dh has been begging me to go back THIS YEAR. We were just there in June lol. We actually do have enough points to fly business again but it’s too soon. I wanna wait until 2022

You’ll have a great time! We absolutely loved japan. Dh has been begging me to go back THIS YEAR. We were just there in June lol. We actually do have enough points to fly business again but it’s too soon. I wanna wait until 2022

Thanks. DH is already saying we're going back and we haven't even gone once yet. LOL.

Just looking at the complicated Subway/Train map - how did you get from Asakusa to Akihabara? Dh wants to go to Akihabara and I would like to see Senso-ji. Trying to make it work.

Thanks. DH is already saying we're going back and we haven't even gone once yet. LOL.

Just looking at the complicated Subway/Train map - how did you get from Asakusa to Akihabara? Dh wants to go to Akihabara and I would like to see Senso-ji. Trying to make it work.
We didn’t go directly from Asakusa. We went to the edo Tokyo museum first. We never felt like the trains were an issue. We absolutely loved taking them around. We used google maps exclusively and it was always very helpful

Download a Tokyo Rail Map app that has a route finder. I like the one from Urban-Map

$8329.96 - 2 ANA business class seats to Tokyo (chase points 90k each-bought through Virgin Atlantic)
I have been searching all over trying to figure out how to do this! How did you use the chase points through VA to get ANA seats?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!