Japan

LILO1989

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done Disney is Tokyo. We are going in September and I was just wondering if food is expensive etc when there. This is our first time and doing Hong Kong too.

Tokyo Disney resort is out of the scale amazing. You can go in with high expectations and still come back blown away!
I also found it not expensive at all, tickets are cheaper than the US counterpart and food and merchandise are reasonably priced (for a Disney park). Snacking in particular is very strong with some amazing treats: I still salivate at the thought of a Tipo Torta.
Disney Hotels are expensive, because there is no value option, but I really would like to be able to afford the Miracosta, it must be amazing. I booked the Sheraton hotel, it's on the monorail loop and it was reasonably priced during the week. And the rooms were huge, such a difference from the Japanese hotels standards.
Never ever ever ever go during the week end or national holiday. Never. Ever.

Two great resources for planning are disneytoruistblog and tdrexplorer.

Thankyou, we are looking to get there just before the jungle event finishes on the 1st September so we are hoping it won’t be overly busy. We have seen a hotel that does a shuttle bus which was about £100 a night which wasn’t too bad. Hong Kong is so much cheaper £300 for a family of 4 and get meals with the ticket too but japan didn’t offer the same deal. I’ve been trying to look into costs to see how much money to change because we are doing Dubai, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand so we will need several currencies. Is Tokyo itself nice?

Thankyou, we are looking to get there just before the jungle event finishes on the 1st September so we are hoping it won’t be overly busy. We have seen a hotel that does a shuttle bus which was about £100 a night which wasn’t too bad. Hong Kong is so much cheaper £300 for a family of 4 and get meals with the ticket too but japan didn’t offer the same deal. I’ve been trying to look into costs to see how much money to change because we are doing Dubai, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand so we will need several currencies. Is Tokyo itself nice?
We were there last July spending a day each at Disneyland and at Disneysea. The latter was awesome, fantastic theming, great classic rides and amazing ones unique to that park.

We thought the tickets were good value, we bought them online in advance and had to say which date and which park for each visit. The two day pass for two people was about £180 at that time.

We stayed at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku which was a great base for exploring the rest of Tokyo. Their free shuttle to the parks took about half an hour. Again, it had to be prebooked and there was a choice of three out and three back to each park. It sounds very regimented but worked well. Having made good use of the hotel breakfast (!) we only needed one main meal at the parks and we thought the cost was reasonable.

We had a great time.

ford family

We were there last July spending a day each at Disneyland and at Disneysea. The latter was awesome, fantastic theming, great classic rides and amazing ones unique to that park.

We thought the tickets were good value, we bought them online in advance and had to say which date and which park for each visit. The two day pass for two people was about £180 at that time.

We stayed at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku which was a great base for exploring the rest of Tokyo. Their free shuttle to the parks took about half an hour. Again, it had to be prebooked and there was a choice of three out and three back to each park. It sounds very regimented but worked well. Having made good use of the hotel breakfast (!) we only needed one main meal at the parks and we thought the cost was reasonable.

We had a great time.

ford family

Thankyou I’ll have a look at them. It’s about £470 for a 3 day pass for a family of 4 so it’s not overly expensive but you have to stay in the same park all day (a day in each)then pick for the 3rd which you want. I’ll take a look at that hote because we have just been using hotels.com to see what’s available.

Yeah we have been looking for a while but we can do all that just for a little bit more then what Orlando would cost using Emirates from Glasgow because there back to school in August. we’ve done Orlando several times but we haven’t seen avatar or toy story land yet so we was originally doing that first. Just looking into everything now because you need a special license to drive in japan so we will have to use public transport if we want to do universal aswell

Went there a good many years back
I would also suggest you go to Osaka and see tgen wonderful temples and gardens, then Hiroshima as the atomic bomb museum is thought provoking, as is ground zero. Both are very accessible via the bullet train (Shinkansen)
Tokyo and the empoerers palace and gardens is also worth a visit and Sunday mornings near the olympuc swimming pool and tv station is wonderful as the road is full of bands playing music and other entertainments

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!