Jedi Training - Alternate Spot

heathsf

DIS Veteran
I am planning an afternoon arrival at DHS and wondering if it’s possible to get a spot on the “alternate” wait list for Jedi Training Academy later in the day or if all of the alternate spots have to be reserved in the morning.

Thanks!

When is your trip?
Pre SW:GE opening, or Post?
If it's Pre, odds are even in afternoon you will find a spot. I've seen openings on all trips as late as 4:00 ever since TSL opened. Only caveat would be on a day with a lot of rain as they don't run the shows with even a sprinkle so that will skew the sign ups.
If it's Post, all bets are off on what will happen

I am planning an afternoon arrival at DHS and wondering if it’s possible to get a spot on the “alternate” wait list for Jedi Training Academy later in the day or if all of the alternate spots have to be reserved in the morning.

Thanks!

Depending on the day and how busy it it you might be able to sign up in the afternoon.

We went to HS May 1, anniversary day. We had a PPO breakfast so go to sign up early and got the first show but when we got back to the park after a break later in the day there were still spots available for the last show so my daughter actually did it twice that day.

ETA: For the last show they were still signing people up while those who had previously signed up were checking in.

Last edited:
Depending on the day and how busy it it you might be able to sign up in the afternoon.

We went to HS May 1, anniversary day. We had a PPO breakfast so go to sign up early and got the first show but when we got back to the park after a break later in the day there were still spots available for the last show so my daughter actually did it twice that day.

ETA: For the last show they were still signing people up while those who had previously signed up were checking in.

So later in the day, if there are spots available, were the sign-ups taking place at the show stage as opposed to where you sign up earlier in the morning?

So later in the day, if there are spots available, were the sign-ups taking place at the show stage as opposed to where you sign up earlier in the morning?
Same as PP, sign up spot doesn't change. That's also where you return to queue up for the show so there's CM there the entire day anyway

Not sure if there is a limit on Alternate spots... but couple years ago we checked early afternoon and were able to sign up as Alternate... you have to check like 15/20 minutes before a show to see if a spot is open. We got in on second show checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter