Jedi Training Registration - tips from recent trip

ArtieRyder

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone,

Just back from a week at WDW. Amazing week. Currently going thru heavy withdrawal.

Just wanted to share my experience with registering for Jedi Training.

We had a plan to go to H&V at 830AM for breakfast to get a jump on the line.

We have four kids - 9, 7, 5 & 5. I went a little early with the 9 and 7 year old. I was surprised that they were letting all guests in the park at 820 (for a 9AM opening). They were holding guests back from entering certain sections. You could walk to H&V, though, and Jedi registration without being stopped.

We were early, so I figured I would walk over to check out the Jedi line. Again, I was surprised to see very few people on line and castmembers were taking reservations. I walked up with my two oldest, assuming I could register them and then the other two later. Again, I was surprised that they let me register the two that weren't there. We had our pick of times for the day.

I thought I was going to have to leave breakfast early to line up. Instead, it was 830AM, I had all 4 registered for the show time we wanted and made it over to breakfast just as everyone else was arriving.

In my research, I thought I understood the rules. This is what I thought vs what I experienced.

I thought they did not take registrations until park officially opened at 9, I was wrong.
I thought all children needed to be present, I was wrong.

Your mileage may vary, but I thought I would share for anyone currently planning a trip.

I've seen a few reports lately that they have signed up kids without them being present. Not enough to know if it's a new policy change or just a nice CM.

They have pretty much always taken sign ups early though, or usually about the same time they open the turnstiles.

It's pretty easy to get signed up for the time being. All bets are off come August 29th of course. Till then, short of a rainy day, there are times open till on in to the afternoon

In June we had a 09:00 opening and that when we go in but except for a village idiot running there with a kid under each arm it was a very easy process. So much in fact that she want to do it again on our 2021 trip while she is 11.

This is such great info! Thank you so much for posting. I also assumed we wouldn't be able to sign up until 9 am. I just adjusted our DHS arrival time to get there even earlier for, hopefully, an 8:30 am sign-up as we would love to do the first or second show of the day, if possible.

Last summer, we had 2 HS days planned. Both rope drop days - one day I was able to sign up DD and her friend (who stopped to pin trading). The second day, both girls had to be there. I think it depends on the CM.

We have done Jedi Training a couple of times, and they have always been very serious about all children needing to be present (and able to answer a couple of extremely basic questions). I'd be curious if you had a lenient CM, or if this is a policy change.

We have done Jedi Training a couple of times, and they have always been very serious about all children needing to be present (and able to answer a couple of extremely basic questions). I'd be curious if you had a lenient CM, or if this is a policy change.
It’s more like an ‘incompetent’ Operations CM. If the ‘kids’ who were signed up, without being in attendance, arrive and are 16 and 2 years old, JTA Entertainment Managers and JTA Cast will become involved and written complaints will be issued.

Everyone who is considering signing up kids for JTA must make sure the kids are at the sign-up area.

In June we had a 09:00 opening and that when we go in but except for a village idiot running there with a kid under each arm it was a very easy process. So much in fact that she want to do it again on our 2021 trip while she is 11.

A lot can change before then... my Star Wars loving son did it up to 8... at 9 he decided he was too old for it.

A lot can change before then... my Star Wars loving son did it up to 8... at 9 he decided he was too old for it.
OH I understand that but my house is filled with a couple of hundred Star Wars collectibles, she has a double light saber and she is a total Disney nerd.

Yes, we always do an 8ish AM H&V and sign up BEFORE our reservation. It isn't as necessary now because most everyone heads to TSL but it used to be invaluable! I have heard a few reports of not needing the kids there but not very many as of yet. For us its been no issue for us to just bring our two since we are there early for the breakfast.

Hi, everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with registering for Jedi Training.

We were early, so I figured I would walk over to check out the Jedi line. Again, I was surprised to see very few people on line and castmembers were taking reservations. I walked up with my two oldest, assuming I could register them and then the other two later. Again, I was surprised that they let me register the two that weren't there. We had our pick of times for the day.

Can you tell me who the kids in the front line fight? How about the back line (against the wall)?

TIA!!

We were there on Monday and got to registration around 8:40. There was a sizable line, and they told us it might be only afternoon left. However we were able to get a 10:20 show and got through the line in about 20min. Looking back I wish we had gotten there about 15-20 min earlier but it wasn’t too bad.

We were there on Monday and got to registration around 8:40. There was a sizable line, and they told us it might be only afternoon left. However we were able to get a 10:20 show and got through the line in about 20min. Looking back I wish we had gotten there about 15-20 min earlier but it wasn’t too bad.
Oh wow. Maybe I'm glad we still scheduled our PPO for June!

I’m not sure if this is consistent or not, but we had the 3rd and 4th kids to check in before our showtime and they got to fight Vader.

As I recall, the line in front fought Vader. I knew beforehand and made sure my grandson sat in that line, but they don't always let you choose and they can move them at the last minute. Kids need to be aware that they may not get to fight the one of their choice.

We are going on May 13th. Park opens at 9 but they have Early Magic hours. I have an 8:10 breakfast reservation at H&V. And a fast pass for TSM at 10:05.

Should I plan to arrive around 7:45am, head right to Jedi Sign ups, then to breakfast and then right to Slinky Dog Dash? Is that the best plan? If we have an 8:10 reservation, what time will they let us in?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter