Jedi Training: Sith kill off young Jedi

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by GatorChris, Oct 8, 2018.

1. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

GatorChris likes this.
  2. Geemo

Geemo DIS Veteran

If discontinuing Jedi Training is true, Disney needs to re-think their plan.....
    If FantasyLand wasn't Walt's creation, would Disney re-theme it too?

I have sent my comments of dissatisfaction to the email.

Geemo

GatorChris likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Bluewild79

Bluewild79 Mouseketeer

I also complained! My 6 year old was too shy to try it in August and now he'll never get to do it. :(

GatorChris likes this.
  5. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

The cynical part of me thinks they'll replace it with a SWGE experience that costs extra.

But, maybe we're just getting a new Jedi Training show with SWGE!

mich311e likes this.
  6. Geemo

Geemo DIS Veteran

If Disney replaces it with SWGE experience I don't see a cost added on.
    They do not charge for other character interactions or M&G other than character meals.

I like the idea of a new show in SWGE.

If it's true, hopefully enough people will voice an objection and Disney will keep it.
    It sure would make a lot of little people happy.

Geemo

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  7. egritz

egritz Never too old for Disney!

Well this sucks. I'll really have to bribe my 7 year old to do it this month so that the 4 year old can experience it too (7 year old doesn't want to, 4 year old likely needs his older sister to "hold his hand") before it goes away.

I swear I've seen some of the actors over in DCA with the Marvel shows too, hopefully it isn't true that they are all out of jobs. That is awful.

8. ExcitedMama

ExcitedMama DIS Veteran

If it helps @egritz you can hang out with your kids while they’re waiting off stage. Also consider avoiding the Storm Troopers on your way there. DD was very nervous after we ran into them on the way there. Would watching the show first help? The actors were very fun. DD was nervous but very glad she did it afterwards.

9. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

I personally think they need to spread out the Star Wars crowds and keep this experience (and Star Tours!) in Tomorrowland. At least for now. I expect there to be big lines just to get into the land for a while.

But alas, they didn't ask me.

mich311e and GatorChris like this.
  10. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

I've seen a couple of people on different platforms say that Jedi Training being discontinued @ DLR is just a rumor. Anyone else hear that?

11. egritz

egritz Never too old for Disney!

She did it a few years ago and didn't like that she "forgot the moves" lol. I've tried to remind her that there is a helper to remind her of the moves. I'll probably bribe her to get her to do it. Her little brother feeds off of her so I doubt he'd do it without her.

mich311e likes this.
  12. Skyegirl1999

Skyegirl1999 1st pickle of the day!

I mentioned to an entertainment CM that I know that we were bummed to hear it was closing and he said something like, “ugh, I know, it sucks!” Now, that’s not official confirmation at all, but it seems to indicate that the rumors are true?

I’d be happy if it stayed open!

LizzyS likes this.
  13. GatorChris

GatorChris Not of This World

Here's a link to the OC Register: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/09/disneyland-will-cancel-its-jedi-training-academy/

According to this, Disney officials confirmed the closure. The only rumors of the Jedi Academy closure are the rumors saying it's not happening. That said, enough complaints might get them to change their mind. Maybe??? I would be very happy to be misinformed on this one.

LizzyS likes this.
  14. Bronxgirl

Bronxgirl Mouseketeer

I'm so disappointed. My daughter did this 2 years ago at HS and was really looking forward to doing it again. :sad1:

15. hyperminimalism

hyperminimalism Mouseketeer

I'm kind of glad they're getting rid of it, not because I don't like it but because that area could be much better utilized for walking space. It always feels super crowded over there, even with the larger space behind it and in between the Innoventions building. It's just curious, though, that they're removing it so soon before SW land even has an announcement date. With Jedi Training Academy going away, the planters and benches under the People Mover tracks gone, and the construction on the Matterhorn's queue/pulling it away from the side of Tomorrowland makes me think they're getting ready to do something there.

16. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

I hope enough people complain that we at least see it reborn in Galaxy's Edge.

17. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

Did anyone who emailed to complain receive a response? I got an auto response saying someone would get back to me in five days but I never got a response. I just emailed again.

Edited to add... my latest email got an auto response that said someone will respond to me in seven to 10 business days... hmmmmmmm.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018 at 1:07 PM
  18. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Never got a response too... just the auto response which was a while back. But if it’s 20 business days, then they have about 4 months to respond back, lol

19. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

oops... ha ha. Edited to fix my typo. Seven to 10 business days.

20. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Oops yeah me too, one month not 4 lol! Been more than 2 weeks... they must have had a lot of complaints...