Jedi Training: Sith kill off young Jedi

GatorChris

Not of This World
And by Sith, I mean Disneyland Execs. https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/...-no-transition-plan-for-current-cast-members/

I'm bummed about this. All my kids have grown up doing this. They really enjoy it every time. My oldest finally aged out, but she did it up until she was 12. Per the report, it'll close early November. So all the holiday travelers will miss out. With no Bug's Land and no Jedi Academy, it appears younger Disneyland goers have few options this coming year.

Sure does seem like we're all getting a lot less for a lot more, these days.

And by Sith, I mean Disneyland Execs. https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/...-no-transition-plan-for-current-cast-members/

I'm bummed about this. All my kids have grown up doing this. They really enjoy it every time. My oldest finally aged out, but she did it up until she was 12. Per the report, it'll close early November. So all the holiday travelers will miss out. With no Bug's Land and no Jedi Academy, it appears younger Disneyland goers have few options this coming year.

Sure does seem like we're all getting a lot less for a lot more, these days.
I agree. They also killed off the only princess character meal with no replacement.

Hmm. Wonder if they’ll bring in a new show or start using this as a testing grounds for some SWL stuff.

My youngest son did this many years ago when you had to jump up and down to get picked. My husband and I still loved to grab a soda and table to watch the younglings learn their jedi skills. It will be missed.

I agree. They also killed off the only princess character meal with no replacement.

I was so annoyed by this I emailed them. It just seems illogical, why get rid of an expensive meal that was always booked solid? I know they wanted to fit the theme of Pixar Pier (and I also asked them why they didnt make Lamplight Lounge a Pixar Character meal for breakfast/lunch), but is it seriously that hard to have the princess meal at another location?

That's a bummer. Do we think that Jedi Training may eventually move to Galaxy's Edge?

I don't have kids, but after enjoying watching the kids do this at WDW, I'm real sad it won't be an option anymore.

That's a bummer. My son was finally thinking about trying that on our next trip, but it looks like it'll be closed by then!

Thanks so much for the warning! I’m glad I can give my kids the bad news and offer them one last chance to battle during our trip next week.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! My son is the biggest Star Wars fan and has been waiting and waiting to turn 4 so he can do this. How strict are they regarding the age limit? My son will be 4 in a few months.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! My son is the biggest Star Wars fan and has been waiting and waiting to turn 4 so he can do this. How strict are they regarding the age limit? My son will be 4 in a few months.
They'll ask him his age and he'll need to say he's four. I have known people who coach their kids to say they're four and have done it early, but you don't strike me as the "hey, son, lie to these workers" type, so you're probably out of luck. :-(

I'm so sorry; that stinks for him! I know how much my daughter looked forward to turning 4 so she could do it. I hope they bring something comparable back and he has a chance to participate.

They'll ask him his age and he'll need to say he's four. I have known people who coach their kids to say they're four and have done it early, but you don't strike me as the "hey, son, lie to these workers" type, so you're probably out of luck. :-(

I'm so sorry; that stinks for him! I know how much my daughter looked forward to turning 4 so she could do it. I hope they bring something comparable back and he has a chance to participate.

Booooo.... such a bummer. You are correct, I’m not into teaching my kid to lie so looks like he will be out of luck. Such a shame. I’m so sad. :(

The only age limit Disney cares about is serving alcohol to guests who are 21 or over. Everything else is the honor system. As far as Disney is concerned, you and you family are whatever age you tell them.

We've got more pictures of Jedi training than any individual park attraction. My kids loved it, they are too old now but it's really sad that this wonderful experience is leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!