Jedi training

corn princess

Mouseketeer
Going to HS pre 6/30, do you still need to get to HS before rope drop to sign up for Jedi training?

It helps but not as critical as it once was. There are way more shows than they used to have plus there are double the number of kids. Last Saturday they still had spots at 10:00, though I have no idea how many, just know as we walked by they were still signing up. The earlier you get there the more options you have for times. If you are going in the summer you really have to be alert for weather so I'd make sure I had the ability to avoid afternoon slots

It helps but not as critical as it once was. There are way more shows than they used to have plus there are double the number of kids. Last Saturday they still had spots at 10:00, though I have no idea how many, just know as we walked by they were still signing up. The earlier you get there the more options you have for times. If you are going in the summer you really have to be alert for weather so I'd make sure I had the ability to avoid afternoon slots
Thank you! Yeah I'd like to shop afternoon slots because we like to take a break in the afternoon!

Oh, one other thought to take in, the earlier you arrive and wait for the gates to open, the less time you spend waiting once the park opens, so you'd not be spending valuable park time waiting in line. Just valuable sleeping time. And as I like to remind my family when we are at Disney, we can sleep at home ;)

If you have any desire to RD other rides I would be there a hour before official park opening. They let you in to sign up about half an hour early. Last year we were able to get to TSMM while the line was still short after JTA signups.

We usually rope drop and get the time slot we want. However, we went in January around 4:00. We were put on a waiting list and my son was able to participate in the last show. Everyone on the waiting list got to participate.

Oh, one other thought to take in, the earlier you arrive and wait for the gates to open, the less time you spend waiting once the park opens, so you'd not be spending valuable park time waiting in line. Just valuable sleeping time. And as I like to remind my family when we are at Disney, we can sleep at home ;)
Absolutely! There's no time for sleeping at disney!

If you have any desire to RD other rides I would be there a hour before official park opening. They let you in to sign up about half an hour early. Last year we were able to get to TSMM while the line was still short after JTA signups.
Thank you, that's great to know! With no FP for TSMM while we're there we are definitely going to have to rope drop TSMM so this will be helpful to know!

Can someone explain how and where to sign a child up?

Arrive well before the posted opening time for DHS (AM EMH or Regular Hours.)
When the gates open, take any child who wants to train with you and head to the sign-up line (map below.)
When its your turn, choose an available show time and sign up.

DHS-Ctr-JTA-path_032917_zpsnkxgqowf.jpg

Thanks @Robo with your always beautiful maps, so would you say in mid Sept the lines to sign up will be long? WOuld you suggest heading there at park opening as well

Thanks @Robo with your always beautiful maps, so would you say in mid Sept the lines to sign up will be long? WOuld you suggest heading there at park opening as well

I filled in the sign-up info in the map post above.

Always assume that the sign-ups will be popular at rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter