jello-is it dessert?

goofyme

Mouseketeer
my daughter was having jello tonite...she claims it is not dessert and can have something else. my five year old disagrees....i side with my son, it is sweet, it is dessert. my wife thinks it is not a dessert...later on, when my five year old is eating pudding, i ask her if that is considered dessert in her bizzaro world...it's choclate, so it is dessert.

what do you think?

My mother used to serve us jello and ice cream in the same dish. Couldn't have ice cream unless you had jello. Obviously trying to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the ice cream. Yuck. Jello is not only not a dessert, it's not a side dish, a main dish, OR an appetizer.

I have jello issues!!! Can you tell??

When I was growing up, jello was definitely a dessert....so I would have to say YES it is.

Jello is only a dessert if it has lots of Cool Whip on it. Otherwise it is a medical diet. LOL

I personally don't eat any foods that jiggle. But to answer the question, I would have to say that jello is a dessert.

Jello could be a dessert, if you like jello I guess. It's sweet, isn't that really what makes a dessert?
I refuse to eat jello. I probably get enough horse hooves elsewhere in my diet. :p

hmmm, well, chicken is usually for lunch or dinner, and it has bones.

Jello is MADE from bones, so it is an ANYTIME snack! LOL!!!

:tongue::crazy::tongue::crazy::tongue::crazy:

But I don't, as a general rule, eat boiled bones, skin, and hide. Someone else can have my share! :p

And I know that there is gelatin in a lot of different foods, but I choose not to think about it. (<i>sticks fingers in ears, closes eyes, and humms loudly</i>;))

I am not sure if Jello even falls into a food group!!! LOL:p :p :eek:

It's a dessert in my house. Unless you are sick, then it's breakfast, lunch, supper, snack, whatever you need it for. :D

Wow - two jello threads in as many days. If I knew how to link I would. I'm sure I responded to a "jello - is it a sidedish?" thread yesterday! JELLO!

Jello is awesome! (especially now that they have sugar free that tastes really good!)

In our house its a dessert or a snack.

(shivers) unless.....(shivers again) its the shredded carrot, manadrin orange slices, and pineapple chunks infested thing my MIL calls Jello salad.....YUCK YUCK YUCK....
tsktsk.gif
Jello and salad are two words that should never ever be used together!

She force feeds us that every stinking holiday meal......and gets offended if nobody eats it.

It depends on whether you think Koolaid is dessert. Isn't Jello just Koolaid with gelatin in it?

Scarey Foods (what kind of coloring and artificial flavors DO they put in there?):

Jello
Koolaid
Freezer pops
Crunchy Cheetos (but I love them)
Warheads (anybody ever try these??!?!)
That candy that pops in your mouth
Anything watermelon flavored (which you can smell from 1/4 mile away)

The list goes on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter