Jello Questions!

Saffron

Palm Tree Hugger
Hi ! My name is Maggie. I am new to this board, actually I'm pretty new to DIS altogether. The recipe I am looking for is very simple. My mother used to make jello for us when we were little. She used to whip it and it would form layers when she put it into parfait glasses. Well, she hasn't made this in about 30 years and she just can't remember how she used to do it. Does anyone know? Do you add milk to the jello? Do you just whip it when it is half way set? We would really like to try to make this again. Thank you and thank you for the great recipes. I have to try to find the old boards so I can get some more!

Jello used to sell this special dessert mix that formed layers like you are describing. One was kind of light and frothy, another was sort of creamy in texture and the next was more like traditional jello. A few years ago I think they brought it back into their line of products.

Maybe their website has something about it:

Jello

Hi Maggie, My mom used to make it too! :D She says she thinks she just used to whip the stuff with cool-whip right after she had added and stirred in the cold water. (make the jello as usual, then when it's all mixed, add a small container of cool-whip)...I was making it sound harder than it is... It might be worth a try...:confused: :rolleyes:

Good Luck!!! ;):)

Hi I just wanted to thank you both for your quick responses. Last night, after I posted my question, we had a great time looking through all of her old books to see if we could find the recipe anywhere. To our luck we found it! You're right Robin, you just whip it! I tried it today but I'll have to wait until dinner to taste it.

Margie J - The jello book we found last night had an ad for Jello 1-2-3. That's the product you are referring to and the one I was thinking of. I hope I can find it in my area stores. I really would like to try it again.

Thanks again.

I use to make this jello for the kids when they came over to my house and they all love it and it is so simple.

Mix jello any favor with the hot water. Make sure it is dissolved. Then pour it into a blender. Add ice cubes for the rest of the water that is needed. Blend. Pour into glasses, I always used tall wine glassed ( clear glass). Put into the refrigator. As it cools it will layer in to two layers. The bottom one is clear, and the top one is froffy. It is so simple to make and easy and quick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts