• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jellyrolls-Tell me all about it!

devine5829

Mouseketeer
Is there food or just drink?

What kinds of drink ("Pub"ish with mostly beer?? Do they have wine?? Martinis??)

Tell me about the "Dueling Pianos".

Is it still fun if we got there early-9:00PM?

Have you ever left your kids at one of the resort clubs to go here?

Do you need a reso?

Is there a wait?

Originally posted by devine5829
Is there food or just drink? Some salty popcorn, other than that just drinks

What kinds of drink ("Pub"ish with mostly beer?? Do they have wine?? Martinis??) There is a full bar, I'm sure they can make you whatever you want.

Tell me about the "Dueling Pianos". There are four players total, alternating in sets of two. They take requests and have some old standards. Very funny stuff for birthdays and celebrations. Tips welcome of course.

Is it still fun if we got there early-9:00PM? I would say 9 is about when it starts picking up. Any earlier and it might be a little sparse in there. We prefer to sit in the back and watch instead of being up front singing along.

Have you ever left your kids at one of the resort clubs to go here?
Can't answer this one, no kids.

Do you need a reso? No reservations taken or needed. If you go too late it's standing room only.

Is there a wait? We've never encountered a wait at the door. I think it's a $5 cover or so. It's been a few years since we've been so it may have gone up since then. There used to be a Jellyrolls here in Tampa, in Ybor City, and it was great too.

When I was there in November, the cover was $7.00. So worth it though. It's a TON of fun!

Re: food...we usually eat somewhere at the Boardwalk or YC/BC and then hit Jellyrolls.

We went to Jelly Rolls during Easter Week. It was one of the highlights of our trip. We got there early and there was no wait. There is also a better chance of them playing your requests when the crowd is lighter. Have fun!

Pretty much agreeing with the previous posters. $7 in October 2003. 9:00 p.m. is when it does start to pick up and tables are scarce or non-existent by 10:00, probably even sooner. And the salty popcorn description is an understatement (it was loaded up with salt).
Another point is that Tuesdays appeared to be cast member night, and the place was SRO well before 10:00, with a major log-jam near the door.
If you get there early, that's your best chance for having requests played, especially if they aren't super piano bar popular, i.e. Piano Man or Hey Jude.
Rob

After years of going to WDW and numerous stays on-site I STILL haven't made it to Jellyrolls! Always too tired, too full,etc. We are going on our next visit no matter what! I have 2 questions-

Waiting to go after watching Illuminations is going to be too late?

What are some good songs to request that they would enjoy doing that aren't the everyday requests?

Thanks!

I always post this on Jellyrolls threads.

Remember, Jellyrolls isn't run by Disney and they won't take your WDW resort room key charge to pay for drinks. You should bring some other method of payment.

Where is jellyrolls? (We're staying at Shades of Green)

What time does it close?

We went last year and it was fun.
The thing is we had to leave before we wanted to because it was so loud that you couldnt understand what they were playing....It was distorted.
We sat in the back too. We stayed for some time , thinking someone would hear that it was to loud and fix the volume, but no one did. after an hr. or so we gave up and left with aching heads and ringing ears.
It was a shame because Its the kind of thing we would have enjoyed.

Do they still allow smoking at Jelly Rolls.
I thought all the DD bars went non-smoking,
how did they get around that?

Thanks,
Connie

Originally posted by zumbergc
Do they still allow smoking at Jelly Rolls.
I thought all the DD bars went non-smoking,
how did they get around that?

The law in Florida depends on the amount of Food Sales. If a place does not sell food, there is no restrictions. I know there is some sort of % for a bar that only offers light snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter