Jennifer & Dave live from the Magic!

cjsmith

<font color=green>We can head over there together
Just received the e mail that Jennifer and Dave from The Passporter sent live from the Disney Magic. They'll be posting the new menus upon their return, but they did say that Tuesday is now "Around the World" menu and Friday is now "Best of" menu. Also the special menus for nights 4 to 7 have now been expanded to the 4 courses that are offered on the first 3 nights on both the Magic and the Wonder!
Can't wait for my cruise on June 7th!!!
Carolyn

Originally posted by cjsmith
Tuesday is now "Around the World" menu and Friday is now "Best of" menu. Also the special menus for nights 4 to 7 have now been expanded to the 4 courses that are offered on the first 3 nights on both the Magic and the Wonder!
Can't wait for my cruise on June 7th!!!
Carolyn

4 courses? When did this change occur? I've been on the Wonder and Magic... and both were only 3 (app, main, dessert)

What would the 4th course be?

The three main dinning room menus were changed to a more standard 4 course philosophy several months back and they include:

1. Apps

2. Soups and Salads

3. Entrees

4. Desserts

possible fifth, desserts second round, lol

PJ

cjsmith: Thanks for the information. Did they happen to mention what nights are the semi-formal and formal?

Yes, they did mention the semi-formal, formal nights. Semi-formal is now held on Monday night and the formal night is now Thursday.
Carolyn

Originally posted by cjsmith
Yes, they did mention the semi-formal, formal nights. Semi-formal is now held on Monday night and the formal night is now Thursday.
Carolyn

OK now I'm REALLY confused. I thought semi-formal and formal were Sun & Thurs... and the question has been which is which. Now semi-formal is Monday?

:bounce:

Semi-formal is Sunday for the Eastern (a Sea day)
Semi-formal is Monday for the Western (also a Sea day, but Sunday is in Key West).

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Carolyn.

We'll be on the June 7th cruise, too. It's getting close, huh? Exciting. And so fun to plan. Appreciate any info you get.
Gloria

Ar Dave and Jennifer on the Eastern or Western? That might be why it conflicts with Barbs info.

Since the post referred to going to St. Maarten.

Tropical night on the Eastern is on Tuesday night in St. Maarten. Well, at least that is the way it has always been....but lately with all the changes in the menu nights, formal nights, etc. it is hard to be sure of anything anymore!!!!

But I do think it is still on Tues for the Eastern (St. Maarten)...Wed for the Western (Cozumel).

MJ

Here are the theming nights for my up coming Eastern cruise on May 17th.

Sunday - Semi-Formal with "Best of.." menu

Tuesday - Tropical night with "Tropical" menu

Thursday - Formal night with "Captain's Gala" menu

Friday - Casual night with "Small World" menu

Hope this helps you all.

Originally posted by I Luv Disney Cruise
Sunday - Semi-Formal with "Best of.." menu

My question is: If this falls on your first night in Animator's Palate, does the light show take place?

The "light show" in Animators is on your regular rotation night there, it really is not that much of a show though... different screens light up and the waitstaff swiches their vests from black and white to color but thats it. I was kinda dissapointed as I thought the food became more colorfull as the night went on, I think they used to do that in the beginning.

Pugdog007: this will be my fifth cruise and I love the show that goes on in Animator's Palate and as AnnMorin said it is the first regular rotational night that you are in there.

No, it isn't like the muscial productions they put on in the theatre but it is much better than sitting in a dining room that does nothing. I really don't think they were trying to go overboard to create something very spectacular, I think they wanted to add a little entertainment with the eating. After all we are supposed to be eating not watching a show, that is what the theatres are for. Please, no one jump at my words it is just my opinion. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter