Jersey DIS'ers...

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
Have you guys been watching MTV?

Did you all see that Seaside Heights is the party spot they've been showing? Last night, they had scenes from the Beachcomber on the Boardwalk.

I love Seaside! I've got to get there somehow this summer.

I am a Long Beach Island person..spent every summer there as a kid...ah, the good ol' days!

Barnegat Light, Manasquan, Avon by the Sea - all fabulous! I can't understand people who trash New Jersey. Compared to the amenities we have here (not to mention the proximity to NY and Phila), other parts of America seem positively dumpy. I saw a great Tee-shirt once - it said "New Jersey. You're just jealous." :D

Jules - it is the hallmark of true optimism that we can love New Jersey and West Virginia as much as we do. :D :D :D

Last weekend, I was flicking through the channels and watch MTV a bit. There was a concert on a beach and I saw the skyride/ski lift type right that's over near the Aztec. I thought it was Seaside and waited to see if they said so.

They did not and then I thought, nah, it can't be. Seaside is such a small resort.

But last night, there was the Beachcomber. (PandyPaws and Cookie, we met there.) And they specifically said they were partying in Seaside, NJ.

It looked beautiful, too. The sun was out, and the water was almost as aqua-blue as the Caribbean.

The sun was out, and the water was almost as aqua-blue as the Caribbean

Here I went and spent big $$$$$$ for an Aruba trip in August. I could have just stayed home. The inhumany of it all :( Where were you last month with this information?

Haven't watched MTV in years... I remember doing summer with my DH's family in Harvey Cedars for years...

MTV has been doing the beach house for years, and seaside heights is once again growing in popularity.

I saw a Tee-Shirt once that said

Welcome to New Jersey- Now GO HOME!!!!

:P landfill

I live about 10 minutes from Seaside Heights. Im sure if I was younger, Id think this MTV house thing was great.
There was a story in my paper today about a guy from Texas who jumped from the skyride onto the MTV house roof while NAKED!

I take my daughter to Point Pleasant to the boardwalk or Long Beach Island. Its much more family oriented.Seaside has a crazy, busy, teenager atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that, I just like a more family oriented atmosphere!

Unfortunately, the summer visitors in Seaside leave so much trash on the beach that it is awful. I couldnt believe what I was seeing when I saw the beach in Seaside Heights.

I go to a "local" beach, no trash or crowds, and I can tell you that the water is extremely clear and clean. Quite a difference from years past!

I was always a Point Pleasant guy.Loved the Tiki Bar and Jenkinsons! How can you forget the fake palm trees on the beach too.Great memories.:cool:

My son (almost 6) loves the Boardwalk in Seaside. They are so nice about letting us "win" the race games there, and he's a stuffed animal hound.

I love Maruca's pizza. DH likes all the places he can get cheap beer. ;)

When I was a child, my uncle had a house in Lakewood where we stayed many summer weekends. We'd drive to Seaside to spend the day on the beach, then back to Lakewood for a showers and changes of the clothes. Then, it was back to the Boardwalk for rides and playing games of chance.

How fun! Now I get to bring my child to Seaside. The house in Lakewood was sold years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter