Jersey week?

disneylover23

Mouseketeer
Hi we are planning to go to WDW during Jersey Week! This is the first time we will be going at this time of year😀
Any suggestions?Advice? What is the weather like typically?. We know it will be crowded but we’ve been at crowded times before... TIA😀

WHat's Jersey Week?
Ah sorry. Maybe that’s just what we from NJ call it? It’s the week in November that schools have off all or most for the NJ teachers convention! Flights out of here areHIGH! But people take advantage of not having to take kids out of school for more than a few days. My daughter is a teacher this is why her and I planned a quick getaway for this year

Jersey girl here - We happened to be there in 2017 for Jersey week (not intentionally!!) the weather was still very very warm and the crowds were more noticeable due to one of the marathons that was also taking place that weekend. I know alot of my co workers and friends are heading down that week this year. Enjoy!

Jersey girl here - We happened to be there in 2017 for Jersey week (not intentionally!!) the weather was still very very warm and the crowds were more noticeable due to one of the marathons that was also taking place that weekend. I know alot of my co workers and friends are heading down that week this year. Enjoy!
Thank you!

I have been to WDW during Jersey week many times. The weather has been warm. My family and I enjoyed our pool
time during many of our trips. We did experience cooler weather during one of our trips. We were unable to go swimming during that week. My advice would be to pack some warmer clothes just in case. The crowds seemed manageable to us and we loved going during jersey week. We went during spring break one year and the crowds were too much for us. We prefer to go during jersey week instead. We experienced the Halloween party one year and the Christmas party as well.
Hope this helps!

We were there during Jersey week last year because our non-Jersey district also has a lot of that week off. CMs told us it was unusually warm, but we wore shorts and only had to throw on a light jacket in the early morning and late evening. We had one day that rained on and off but gorgeous weather the rest of the week. Yes, it's crowded, but I think Disney always is. It seemed less crowded than our one spring break trip. Crowds were manageable most days. (The one exception was Epcot on a night that MK closed at 4 pm, but that won't be happening during Jersey week this year.) If you've been during crowded times before, then you probably already know the tricks. The one thing you may need to figure in is the RunDisney event the weekend of 11/1-11/3. I don't know which races are which days and what parks are affected, but there may be morning traffic and bus delays getting to the parks. We didn't have any delays the Sunday of the race weekend last year taking a bus to MK, but we left ourselves a lot of extra time because people here had warned us about it. There's also a Run Disney party on Sunday night in Epcot, but I don't know how that affects crowd levels. (Like the After Hours events, it's a ticketed event after closing but people with a party ticket can enter the park before closing time.)

I am following along - we are from NJ and going down that week also! My kids have the entire week off, and overall the Disney prices seemed more reasonable than spring break but those flight prices - OMG! I’m expecting crowds but hopefully not like spring break or Christmas. I am hoping our party of 6 will be ready early for rope drop. We only have 1 late evening EMH planned.

We vacationed Jersey Week every year while kids were in school
Weather always gorgeous
Most days warm enough to swim sometimes hot
Cooler nights some nights
Definitely pack sweat jackets and pants just Incase

Crowds are not holiday busy but busy . But when isn’t it busy anymore
Enjoy your trip

We were originally planning on Jersey Week (without remembering it was Jersey Week - no kids), and the rooms were unavailable & prices were ridiculous. We shifted up after realizing that.

We’re from New Orleans and will be there for what we now know is Jersey week. I figure it can’t be worse than going during Mardi Gras.

Love me some Jersey Week. It was upper 80s/90s last year. The parks didn't feel any more or less crowded but I'm also not too experienced yet.

Last edited:
I know this is going back pretty far but we took our kids in the late nineties. The weather was perfect and crowds moderate. But even back then when taking the bus the driver did not ask where are you from, he asked who is from New Jersey. Not sure if it was called Jersey Week back then.

Jersey week use to be a week the teachers had training conferences for a week now it is just 3 days. So you might find it not as crowded. Last year it was not crowded at all. Even though there was a race at the same time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter