Jerseyians Finally Went Jersey Week.

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Resort: We booked a split stay between BWI (standard view) and Poly (club level garden view). Poly never disappoints, although the last day we were there checking out I got a few comments and glances from CMs asking if the bolster pillow I was holding in a bag to take home was from the room (I purchased a new one from inventory after speaking to the manager). Still love my Poly though! As for the BWI - its just not for us. We really went in excited to try it, and was very disappointed with the resort as a whole. The walk to the room was dreadfully long, there were issues with the room only check-out into the start of our vacation package (the front desk CM didn't know what a 'room only' was; and somehow our dining and snack credits got all screwed up); the gift shop outside on the boardwalk had very slim pickings and we had to walk daughter to Beach Club to get her what she needed; but two managers at the BWI worked very hard to straighten it all out and i was very appreciative of their efforts; but we were happy to leave when our check-out day arrived.

Dining: We left ourselves open to either lots of disappointment or new great experiences and tried many new restaurants. Cape May & Trattoria Al Forno (both for breakfast): We all really loved Trattoria (waiter & character interactions were both great), 2 of the 3 of us liked Cape May...so I would go and try it again, HBD (dinner) was a major disappointment as DH said filet was very over-cooked, salad was great, and DD didn't care for anything on their menu so it made for tough pickings for the ultra picky. The waiter at FF was great, but a bit overly chatty when we were trying to just enjoy family and down time, and the food was "ok". Another not on the list to return to. However, the biggest disappointment came from the unexpected: Be Our Guest. Its always been my top dining reservation to get, and I've always gotten it, and loved it. Dinner this time was just awful. The salad and whatever sunflower seed concoction they had on there was disgusting (like a peanut brittle but sunflower seeds); never had the lamp chops before and never will again as the cook was more rare than medium; and the "grey stuff" when did it become soooo flavorless?? I was sooo disappointed and being its now 2 points on the dining plan, we'll go elsewhere instead.

Parks: Epcot was VERY busy, lots of people pushing by, ECVs all over the place used by many people who either had no clue how to use one or were tipsy, so we got our FPs in and left. Loved MK as always. Went to DHS to checkout the new TSL and thought it was pretty cute overall, DD LOVED the SDD. As for AS - one and done for her. Finally saw ROL @ AK and was underwhelmed, but glad to have seen it. EE is now officially off our list so thankfully we can go in one morning, knock out FOP, leave and be done.

Was there for both the Princess and Half Marathons, F&W and the start of Disney's first Xmas Party so we expected quite the busy week, and it didn't disappoint but it was manageable in that we're looking to repeat the trip in 2019 but splitting our stay between BC and CR (at the request of DH who hasn't been in his 'home' of the past several trips and is missing it -- maybe a bit too much...lol).

I am sorry you did not enjoy the BW, it's our favorite resort in the EPCOT area.

We love the Poly!! My favorite MK resort for sure! Glad that you had a great time at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter