Jewelry purchase diamond international

I’m sorry. On something like this. With that much money. It seems like you failed to do your homework on diamonds. Costco seems to have a good diamond program and I can’t imagine spending that much when you have no guarantee.

Hopefully purchased with a credit card and dispute things and work it out. Good luck.
Thanks for the input, my diamond appraised for what I paid for it. I read and researched the 4 Cs before I ever went. I even took mine outside in the natural light away from their light where ANYTHING looks great. It was my son and DIL. But they are young and are not pushing it because she loves it still which is enough for them. I just wanted people to know that the policy of protection has changed.

Where can I buy unique and beautiful jewelry?
Wow you revived a thread from 2018.
To answer your question...if you really want something unique buy some loose gem stones and create your own design for the setting. Then take your design to a local jeweler or craftsman and have him/her make your creation.
Of course if you are looking for a store on a cruise you might offer some details like where you are going, the ship or itinerary.

Wow you revived a thread from 2018.
To answer your question...if you really want something unique buy some loose gem stones and create your own design for the setting. Then take your design to a local jeweler or craftsman and have him/her make your creation.
Of course if you are looking for a store on a cruise you might offer some details like where you are going, the ship or itinerary.
Still a current topic.

Got some good advice from a jewler relative on buying jewelry on a cruise or while overseas. If you think you are getting a bargain, you are not. Quality can differ in different countries and all can have their own standards. And if you get something that was not as stated, you are pretty much out of luck unless you are able to travel thousands of miles to possibly return it. If you like it, and don't care if it may not be worth what you were told, then buy it. Don't buy something expecting to come out ahead.

Interesting timing as we spent a LOT Of time in these stores as my son wanted to collect ALL charms to build the bracelet out for his GF. (Cute, right?!)

Anywho, I dont know if people realize the jewelry store on deck 4 above Royal Court (Fantasy) is a DI store. So is the jewelry store on deck 3, the main one. I was under the impression they just sold their stuff but nope, they are truly DI stores. One would think if Disney would place those stores on their ships, they would be a bit accountable for their reputation. All I saw was overpriced jewelry and VERY overpriced watches.

I believe they told me the charms and bracelet were brass if I recall.

Got the entire bracelet filled up after getting one daily on the boat and hitting all the ports but boy do they make you work for it in port. Lots of work for a cheap bracelet but worth it for my son’s face at the thought of building something for his first “love”. Now THAT was priceless. Let me just add, she’s not worn it. 😂 I think she has a bit higher taste in material. 😂 (I dont think it’s hard to figure out its not GOLD).

Anywho, as I understood it, they guarantee their diamonds and you can return your jewelry and swap any time. No, we did not purchase anything And never have from there. I dont know how you can prove you purchased the item from there? I didn’t get into that. I looked at setting to change out my ring but didn’t trust to give them my diamond as I was afraid of an ole switch a roo to be honest.

Wish I could remember the “ambassadors” name on the Fantasy but it’s just not coming to me. Oh and you don’t have to go to their presentation that’s like an hour or so to get the “free bracelet” which they made us go back to the shop for AFTER. You can ask for it anytime and get it as I saw others do. Also, they have them in the stores in port. Hope that helps others so you don’t have to sit through it (Unless of course it’s your thing). The only stores they pushed were Del Sol and Carilou or whatever that bamboo place is (Del Sol/Carilou whatever are owned by same company). DS found some sunglasses in the Caymans and got them on a Black Friday sale when we got back for MUCH less. Also, Amazon sells most of the Del Sol but NOT the sunglasses. FYI.

Interesting timing as we spent a LOT Of time in these stores as my son wanted to collect ALL charms to build the bracelet out for his GF. (Cute, riAnywho, I dont know if people realize the jewelry store on deck 4 above Royal Court (Fantasy) is a DI store. So is the jewelry store on deck 3, the main one. I was under the impression they just sold their stuff but nope, they are truly DI stores. One would think if Disney would place those stores on their ships, they would be a bit accountable for their reputation. All I saw was overpriced jewelry and VERY overpriced watches.
This is true for the Dream as well. I needed my receipt for a purchase I made at Carriage Jewels and emailed DCL for it. They sent me my receipt and it is a Diamonds International receipt.

Jewelry purchases, especially when it involves diamonds, can be a delightful experience! Diamond International offers some fantastic pieces, right?

Why do people buy jewelry on a ship? I have a jeweler in my town who knows me, knows what I have and what I like. The only jewelry I've bought somewhere else was opals in Australia and I went there intending to buy opals - from a jewelry store. I don't get it.

Of course, I also don't buy those expensive purses......

Why do people buy jewelry on a ship? I have a jeweler in my town who knows me, knows what I have and what I like. The only jewelry I've bought somewhere else was opals in Australia and I went there intending to buy opals - from a jewelry store. I don't get it.

I've bought jewelry on cruise ships. One example: Celebrity carries John Hardy for 10% off and no sales tax. Combined with some OBC, it's a deal. (And more often than not, when I declare it to CBP, they wave me by.)

I don't do tastings or spa treatments or bingo, but other people spend money on those things. To each her own. 🤷

We all have different ways of spending money on the ship....

I am told that the watches are not a good purchase on the ship. I'd imagine that with increased internet connection/ability to view prices, these shops are not going to be here for the long haul.

They'd be smart to partner with a company like LVMH and just open LV branded stores (for example).

I've bought jewelry on cruise ships. One example: Celebrity carries John Hardy for 10% off and no sales tax. Combined with some OBC, it's a deal. (And more often than not, when I declare it to CBP, they wave me by.)

I don't do tastings or spa treatments or bingo, but other people spend money on those things. To each her own. 🤷

But you are doing your research, are aware of prices and know the quality. You are an informed consumer. Most people aren't unfortunately. DI is not a good store and there is visible differences in the quality of their jewelry and actual quality jewelry. Jewelry is rarely a good use of money to be honest. Unless you are buying leading designers, or antique that has a proven record of value.

Celebrity does suffer from the same problems. They had a watch I own on my last cruise for about a 60 percent premium to what I paid for it. Watch sale rolls around and it is now regular price for that brand. Also know of the sales people lying to customers, refusing to let the stones be seen under blacklight. Not able to answer questions about any treatment the stones have been under etc.

I buy it because it's my souvenir from my cruise and it makes me happy to see a constant reminder. I know that my local jeweler would sell it to me for less, but I'm not buying for a bargain, I'm buying for the memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter