Jibberish threads

Several people have viewed my post. Is anyone else seeing about 20 threads that are all indecipherable? Or is it something on my end?

I see them. They will be deleted when a Mod see them. They pop up during the night sometimes. Don't click on them.

Yes, we can all see them. I am sure once the mods wake up and see them they'll be deleted. Most of the mods are in North America and just starting to be awake and maybe think about the DIS.

I did. Thankfully they're all gone now.

I wonder, what does a person like that hope to gain by posting a bunch of useless threads like that?
It's not a person. It's a bot just programmed to go out and fill message boards. I never looked in the threads, was there a link anywhere?

Then what's the point? What is hoped to be gained by it?
Was there a link in the thread (or some other kind of nefarious code)?

They might be trying for a denial of service attack or hope someone either clicks a link or somehow activates code that infects your machine.

It's not gibberish, it's spam. I see phone numbers, names of cities, and a description of a business, repeated over and over. I suspect it's not aimed at readers of this board, it's probably trying to boost search engine visibility.

Was there a link in the thread (or some other kind of nefarious code)?

They might be trying for a denial of service attack or hope someone either clicks a link or somehow activates code that infects your machine.
I don't know. I never click on them. :confused3

It's not a person. It's a bot just programmed to go out and fill message boards. I never looked in the threads, was there a link anywhere?

I didn't see a link in the couple of posts I looked at. That's what made me think it was SEO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter