Jiko The Best Table Service In WDW

KenHutch

DIS Veteran
Well the title of this short review says it all. This was only the 3rd time we ate at Jiko and I really think its the best table service at Disney. We ate there on the 13th and for once every member of my daughters maternal relatives agreed that the place is great. I had the Taste Of Africa as an appetizer (I don't eat pork and the waitress suggested this). Then the elk as a main. I usually order meat rare but one again the waitress stepped in and suggested that medium rare was the best way to have this cut. She was correct. I love wait staff that have eaten at the places they work at and have really good suggestions for people visiting. She suggested the Safari Sunset as a desert and it was a winner as well. I am trying to convince the 8 year old we need to eat here again for her birthday trip in 2021 but I have helped create a monster. She has a long list of restaurants we have to eat at and an equally long list of banned restaurants. She is turning into a major foodie.

That is awesome. My family is not big on eating much at home, but has really gotten into it for our Disney trips. We are doing deluxe dining for our upcoming trip and deciding where we will be eating is a major family event. It's a ton of fun. We are of course going to Jiko on this trip because it's fantastic like you described.

That is awesome. My family is not big on eating much at home, but has really gotten into it for our Disney trips. We are doing deluxe dining for our upcoming trip and deciding where we will be eating is a major family event. It's a ton of fun. We are of course going to Jiko on this trip because it's fantastic like you described.
For our next trip which isn't until 2021 my girls have requested 2 pricey things. 1 we go back to the deluxe plan, turns out it east a lot of time but they loved the food and the downtime. 2 And this one hurts they want The Poly. Sadly for my daughter and her half sister (my god daughter) runs my universe. When you eat at Jiko pose a review I would like to know what you enjoyed.

For our next trip which isn't until 2021 my girls have requested 2 pricey things. 1 we go back to the deluxe plan, turns out it east a lot of time but they loved the food and the downtime. 2 And this one hurts they want The Poly. Sadly for my daughter and her half sister (my god daughter) runs my universe. When you eat at Jiko pose a review I would like to know what you enjoyed.

Will do. I'm not going until November though as I'm taking a crack at a half marathon. I have been on a calorie count since January 1 so I will be ready to let loose at Disney.

My family wants to stay at Poly as well. We typically go for about 10 days or so though so I can't justify the deluxe resort cost for that long. It's a wonderful place though so if you can pull it off and have deluxe dining, that would be a magical trip.

I just switched my October Jiko reservation to Morimoto after reading the recent reviews. Now I'm second guessing that! The Taste of Africa and Elk were the dishes I was interested in, I'm glad you enjoyed! We're staying at AKL so it'd be much easier than going to DS.

We did Jiko once several years ago and it was amazing, and we are finally going back in 2 weeks! We adore all the AKL restaurants. Some of the best food on property.

Jiko and Monsieur Paul were the favorite meals of our recent Signature heavy trip.

LOVE Jiko! One of my favorite restaurants at Disney. The staff is amazing and the food is always delish.

Jiko is a great dining experience and one of the top restaurant choices on Disney property. You cannot go wrong with JIKO. They offer unique flavors and a beautiful ambiance....what's not to love. :flower3:

I agree, when we went there back in March the meal was amazing. Our waiter went above and beyond and his recommendations for food made the night.

Our favorite Disney restaurant by far! The elk is such a unique and amazing dish. It’s so hard to choose because the short rib, lamb shank, and filet are all so good, too! We go twice each trip so that we can try different dishes, never been disappointed.

Just had our 6th out of this world dinner at Jiko on October 6th. Can not wait to go back again in May!!

Just had our 6th out of this world dinner at Jiko on October 6th. Can not wait to go back again in May!!
Yum! Were there any new dishes? Hoping they bring back the wild boar app that they replaced with Berkshire pork before our trip next month...

Yum! Were there any new dishes? Hoping they bring back the wild boar app that they replaced with Berkshire pork before our trip next month...

The boar was back on the menu. I didn't realize it was not on the menu until our awesome server mentioned it being back on the menu. We didn't get it this time because we were both getting the filet (you can still sub the side for the mac and cheese) and didn't want an all meat appetizer and entrée. We tried the Inguday Tibs in Brik - mushrooms, spinach, cheese in crispy Tunisian filo with apples and curry vinaigrette which was outstanding! So glad we tried this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter