Jillian and Michael's Disney DREAM Wedding PJ

Exciting News! Today Carrie uploaded the podcast we recorded last month onto the Disney Wedding Podcast! We gotta represent for the DCL brides! Give it a listen! :goodvibes

http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2013/02/20/cruise-wedding-spotlight-jillian-michael/

DWP-Hear-Me-3001_zps7334dce5.png

I enjoyed reading your PJ/TJ very much it was really informative. Your DIY stuff is incredible. What a wonderful wedding. I was wondering if you still had the link to the place you found that Princess Bride shirt for your DH.

Also I showed my DF the TARDIS wedding invitations and he LOVED the idea. We are thinking of doing that for the Church wedding we have after the Cruise wedding. See we are are doing a sort of wedding tour next year. Cruise in May 2014, Church wedding Early July 2014 in Minnesota for his family and then a straight up party here in Virginia for my family. So we are looking for a bunch of cool things to do to tie the cruise into the other tour events. I have been working hard since January as our one year mark before the cruise is fast approaching. Thanks for posting. Great Read.

I enjoyed reading your PJ/TJ very much it was really informative. Your DIY stuff is incredible. What a wonderful wedding. I was wondering if you still had the link to the place you found that Princess Bride shirt for your DH.

Also I showed my DF the TARDIS wedding invitations and he LOVED the idea. We are thinking of doing that for the Church wedding we have after the Cruise wedding. See we are are doing a sort of wedding tour next year. Cruise in May 2014, Church wedding Early July 2014 in Minnesota for his family and then a straight up party here in Virginia for my family. So we are looking for a bunch of cool things to do to tie the cruise into the other tour events. I have been working hard since January as our one year mark before the cruise is fast approaching. Thanks for posting. Great Read.

I think that's a great idea to do lots of wedding celebrations! I do wish I had the means to spread out my wedding as much as you are! We already live in Florida, so for us to set up separate wedding celebrations back where I'm from AND where he's from (opposite sides of the country!) was out of the question. Your 'wedding tour' sounds so fun! Honestly, pinterest was my BEST friend when finding ideas for crafts and wedding inspiration! I LOVE that you like my Tardis invites since I put in SO much effort into them! It wasn't HARD, per se, but doing invites from scratch is just a repetitive and time consuming project- luckily Michael was willing to help since the Tardis inspiration was HIS idea! As for the Mawwidge t-shirt, it was a last minute impulse buy! I have "The Princess Bride" liked on facebook, and they had a link to some related attire and gifts- I went on there today and found this link for merchandise: http://www.goldlabel.com/landing-pa...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=princess-bride and it looks like they still have that t-shirt :goodvibes Are you a part of the DIS-Cruise Brides page on facebook? It's by invite only, so if you pm me your first and last name, I can add you to the group! I find myself neglecting DIS since I use facebook more these days... Whoops!!

Just sent you a message with my information. Thanks for that. Yeah since we are paying for the whole cruise thing, my parents are helping with the MN and VA parts. But we are doing those both on a shoestring. So DIY stuff is going to be my route for all things wedding.

Lets Talk Invitations! Okay, Invitations are well in my past- but I put SO much time, energy, and funds on this project that I want to show them off a bit!

Here's what you need to know... Before we decided on the DCL wedding, Michael and I were planning on getting married at the Orlando Science Center with the reception on the terrace overlooking the downtown skyline and the reception indoors in the Dinosaur room... Would've still been an awesome wedding, but it was going to be more expensive in the long run. Michael and I are both a wee bit nerdy (him moreso than me!) and we both LOVE Doctor Who, so we were planning on having a bit of a Science Fiction themed wedding at the Science Center... Well, that's not happening, as we all know! But we'd already had the ideas in place for the invitations, so we went forth with the original plan for invitations... TARDIS invitations, to be precise! (Time And Relative Dimension In Space, aka, an alien time machine... I warned you, we're a bit nerdy!) So the doors of the Tardis "pull to open" to the invitation, which is "bigger on the inside".

Here's how it was done:

I purchased a beautiful Doctor Who papercraft print "Danse Avec Moi" from Etsy, and I traced the pieces and re-created the entire piece by hand to match colors we preferred. I scanned it, did a little editing on photoshop, and took the file to Kinkos and had 50 printed. I custom ordered a chandelier stamp (also from Etsy) so I could use embossing powder and a heat gun to emboss the chandelier on each print. Next I made "Mickey Medallions" - I got a piece of sturdy silver paper and went to town with a circle hole punch, and I glued rhinestones into Mickey Silhouettes on the silver circles. Then I did all the folding- a major pain, since I had to measure EVERYTHING so precisely. (I used a WDW pen to make the creases- no need for a $10 bone folder from Martha Stewart!) Glued the ribbon, glued the medallions, punched a bazillion blue squares, and glued those too. At home, I printed the "confetti" glitter vellum paper with our formal invitation (found my font on DaFont.com), took those to Kinkos to have them cut perfectly down the middle, then hole-punched the top and tied ribbon bows to hold everything together! Then I dug through my crafts and found a stamp that says "And they lived happily ever after" so I made the executive impulse decision to stamp that on the back of each invite.

Wow, it's exhausting me all over again just thinking about it :rotfl: Many Many Many Many hours went into these invites, and so much love- but I'm so glad they're done! Though, it's nice knowing that they're so completely unique! Anyways, enjoy the pictures! I am the queen of everything that sparkles and glitters, so notice that the blue paper shimmers and, of course, that confetti vellum!

Danse Avec Moi: the inspiration piece
DanseAvecMoi.jpg

The Front- YES, it's being photographed on top of my DCL DFTW packet!
InvitationExterior.jpg

The Inside
InvitationVellum-BlackedOut.jpg

Underneath the Vellum (notice the embossed chandelier!)
Invitationinterior.jpg

The Back
InvitationBack.jpg

I thought long and hard about the wording of the invitation. I didn't want it to feel too stuffy, but I still wanted it to sound formal. I couldn't exactly copy typical invitations, since a cruise wedding is anything BUT typical! Here's what I wrote:

"We are delighted to invite you to set sail aboard the Disney Dream to celebrate the wedding of Jillian ... and Michael ... departing from Port Canaveral, Florida on the Thirteenth of September 2012 and returning on the Sixteenth of September 2012. Allons-y!"

We booked the wedding cruise in early September and mailed invitations shortly afterwards to give our guests time to mull it over and book their vacations! We honestly weren't expecting many guests to join us, but our guest list is already up to almost 50! And I know that not everybody has booked yet! We're getting married onboard, so that means we have to get married in one of the lounges instead of in the deck 14 Outlook :sad2: I am thrilled to see more and more of my loved ones join us to celebrate our day (our weekend, really!) but I really loved the look of the Outlook!

It appears that my DF has fallen asleep on the couch next to me, so I suppose I'll put down the laptop and take him to bed! Have a great big beautiful tomorrow!

THose are beautiful!

I just read through your PJ and TR OMG so beautiful and amazing I too am having a two and half year engagement and somewhat biting at the chomp to have it here :lmao:but I love taking time to plan and save (so many hidden cost) I also loved your and Gingers banter you both had great PJ so much information so much I didn't know and I love your soaps!!! I think that is so smart to add in the favor bags :cool1: well congratulations on your wedding and thank you for taking the time to share with future Disney brides!!!

I just read through your PJ and TR OMG so beautiful and amazing I too am having a two and half year engagement and somewhat biting at the chomp to have it here :lmao:but I love taking time to plan and save (so many hidden cost) I also loved your and Gingers banter you both had great PJ so much information so much I didn't know and I love your soaps!!! I think that is so smart to add in the favor bags :cool1: well congratulations on your wedding and thank you for taking the time to share with future Disney brides!!!

You know what? I liked having a long engagement! People want you to set a date and get hitched in less than a year?!?!? I couldn't handle that, personally! It was definitely fun being wedding buddies with Ginger and sharing the journey together! I'm happy that my PJ was useful to your planning!

Jillian -

Your PJ definently has been a big help! I stalked your and Ginger's trip reports before I was engaged! lol BTW are you still in touch with her? I am all set to plan a May 2015 DCL wedding and am dying that I can't be added to the Facebook group till I have my cruise booked. Who knows when the 2015 itineraries will be listed :sad2: I posted a question in the main DC wedding forum but haven't gotten a response - so I ask if you know about this since you are also on etsy. The adorable seashell bridal bouquets on etsy.. are they allowed for Disney Cruise weddings? I couldn't remember if I saw a past post about someone getting hassled because they wanted to have seashell ornaments as favors for their guests and were told real seashells weren't allowed. All of the bouquets on etsy are made with natural shells and I really want one. What is your opinion?

You know what? I liked having a long engagement! People want you to set a date and get hitched in less than a year?!?!? I couldn't handle that, personally! It was definitely fun being wedding buddies with Ginger and sharing the journey together! I'm happy that my PJ was useful to your planning!

I know what you mean there are so many ideas that I want to do that one year there is no way we could do it were doing a beauty and the beast engagement photo shoot which i am so excited about and I got to make props and if I was rushing I wouldn't have time or money :)

Hi, I'm a newbie at this and this will be my 2nd post ever :) I am beginning your PJ today and after reading your first post I just had to comment. You and I are similar. By the time I get married I will have been engaged for 3 years 3 months. I constantly get all of the questions too about why are we waiting so long, but I guarantee if we had gotten married a few years ago we would have had other questions like "Why'd you get married so soon?", "You're too young to get married" Lol. Well that's all I wanted to say for now and I can't wait to finish reading all of your other posts :)

What a beautiful bride you made! I am getting married on the Dream in November. I thought that I would want to change out of my dress before dinner but now that I see the fun reception that you got, I may reconsider!

Just read through your whole pj and tp and absolutely loved it! Beautiful pictures! I really admire how much work you put into the favors, did you every post a pic of the favor bags? Did I just miss them?

Hi Everybody! Sorry I haven't been present to answer some of the more recent comments and questions - I've been married nearly 4 years now and I don't have much need to keep up on my wedding PJ that I started in 2011!

After all this time, I'm genuinely happy that my journey has been helpful to past, present, and prospective DCL brides! When I began my DCL wedding research, there was not much information available regarding DCL weddings, so finding these gals on DIS was a key resource for information, tips, and advice! I wanted to share my journey and photos so that others could get a glimpse of what it's like to be a Disney Cruise Bride! I'm sure there have been MANY changes over the years, but the ships and the island are just as wonderful as ever! (DH and I were just aboard the Disney Dream last week for the first time since the wedding cruise)

Have a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!