Jim Hill busted at DL

There's been a lot of talk about Jim's tours being stopped by the locals... wow, I didn't know it made it to the news media...

Jim was kicked out a few weeks ago for giving a paid tour. This past weekend, David Koenig, the author of the "Mouse Tales" books, was booted for giving a free tour to some fans that where at his book signing at Compass Books in Downtown Disney.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1398

Here are two articles written by Jim about his booting:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1356
and
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1357

Some good reading.

I hope the park police don't stop me if I point to somthing with my wife and tell her a story that I have found during all my research for our trip. ;)

-Matthew

I think it's a good thing that Disneyland put it's foot down where Hill is concerned. For all of the issues that I have with Disney, I support and respect the fact that Disney property is private property. Nobody has the right to charge people for tours of the park. Hill doesn't work for Disneyland and has no claim to the park. He is a fan just like the rest of us. Unfortunately there are fans that take things too far. Disney has become something of an obsession for many people, and I think that is very sad.

I liked the part about the log cabin or house. That speaks volumes to me.

I agree with you on him offering a tour for money. As for what they did to David Koenig, thats a different story. Also, I mistook what happened to David. He wasn't kicked out but the Disney people were unrelenting in trying to find any reason to kick him out.

-Matthew

mwehttam said:
I agree with you on him offering a tour for money. As for what they did to David Koenig, thats a different story. Also, I mistook what happened to David. He wasn't kicked out but the Disney people were unrelenting in trying to find any reason to kick him out.

-Matthew

My understanding w/Koenig is that if you bought his book he gave a tour ...

I guess that once Disney began to draw the line, it had to affect more people.

Very true. But not everyone that has bought the books got a tour. And they don't get a discount on the books, so in effect the tour was free, if you really get down to it. ;)

I guess a problem would lie in a large famiy going to one of the parks. And lets say that one person has been there in the past and the rest are newbies. If that one person starts telling stories, maybe ones that he got from Davids books, is he liable to be booted or in Davids case, interrogated?

I guess that is where a "grey" line is. I agree with booting Jim though they way they did it created a PR nightmare. As for a free tour, large family, etc. they (Disney) has to be careful or they might create a PR firestorm.

Just my 2 cents.

-Matthew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter