• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jingle Jungle 5k

DisneyStorm93

Earning My Ears
Hi all - I'm thinking of doing the 5k on Nov 7th but had a couple questions as I've never done a runDisney event. Nov 7th is our last day at WDW (we'll be there over a week) -- our flight leaves at 2p. Is it unreasonable to think that I'll be done in time and back at the resort before ME picks up around 11a? Also - we're staying at AKL which I understand is a non-host resort which would mean I'm on my own for transportation. We will not be renting a car. Is it correct that a taxi would be my only option? Am I crazy for thinking this could even remotely work? Just trying to decide before the March 17th registration opens, as I know it sells out quickly.

Yes, it is reasonable to to be done and back in your resort by 11AM. A taxi would be your option for getting to the race. When leaving the race, the regular park buses should be running so that would be an option to get back to the hotel.

I did the 5k last year for the tower terror run and I think I was back in the room by 9:30 and the run started at 7

Thanks guys. Traveling with my DH and DS (then 3) who I know will be staying in the room while I go run. I don't expect them to get up at the crack of dawn to come watch me. So glad to know I could still probably fit it in and be back in time to enjoy our last few hours at Disney with them.

Seems like it would work to me. Have you done a 5K before? It starts at 7 a.m., so I think if you finish in 90 minutes you'll have plenty of time to get back, take a shower and then get ready to leave. Anything longer than that and you're pushing it, in my opinion.

The host resorts haven't been announced for this year's races yet, but a taxi to the start is about your only option if AKL is not. (They get upset if you try to commandeer a Greater Ankoli or giraffe as a ride.)

You should have no problems with making your Magical Express pick up time, assuming you have a majority of your things packed before you go to bed on Friday night or DH & DS pack while you are at the 5K. Even starting in the last corral and being one of the last to finish (walked with my friend who was undergoing chemo at the time) I was still back at my room before 9:30.

Doing my first 5k next month. I'll probably have to walk most of it but hoping once I get my thyroid problems under control then I can pick up my pace and run it. Trying to convince my friend to come with me for the Princess Half Marathon weekend next year. Any excuse to go to Disney!

Wow! That sold out fast yesterday! I was "in line" on my computer at 12:15 and by the time I got in to register and registered in Active.com, they were SOLD OUT! I checked out the charity websites and decided to run for Team TLC (an educational program) and raise money for them AND get into the race with my oldest son! So, now we will be Running for Pi at the Jingle Jungle 5K! I am wicked excited... just have $314 dollars each to raise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter