Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

How did I miss your original posts? I love what you have planned and made so far! You're a do-it-yourself girl after my own heart! :thumbsup2

I've eaten at the Swan, but never realized they had such a pretty spot for weddings/vow renewals. It looks lovely!

And I love-love-love your logo!!! I'm using the castle and flourishes for my invitations, but they're not nearly as nice as yours. Well done!

I'll definitely be reading along, as we are planning our vow renewal for next year, too. :goodvibes

Adorable welcome bags - and tags! Can't wait to read more!

WOW!! I love your welcome bags with all of the labels!! Did you just use powerpoint to make them? I need to make tags for my bags as well. I also love your logo it is absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

I love your welcome bags, the logo is so cute! Can I ask where you're getting the bags themselves printed?

Hi Joan!

I just saw your post in the other thread and I thought it might be easier (& more organized for you!!) to post the info here :)

For non-DFTW Dessert Parties, call this number:
321-939-7278

It's the phone number for Disney Catered Events and they handle the DP's for brides like us!!

Hope this helps!!! :goodvibes

I came to get this information too :goodvibes I could have sworn I read a couple of months back that they no longer arrange private dessert parties unless it's for weddings. So this is great!

Joanne, I love your bag! It's so cute!

How did I miss your original posts? I love what you have planned and made so far! You're a do-it-yourself girl after my own heart! :thumbsup2

I've eaten at the Swan, but never realized they had such a pretty spot for weddings/vow renewals. It looks lovely!

And I love-love-love your logo!!! I'm using the castle and flourishes for my invitations, but they're not nearly as nice as yours. Well done!

I'll definitely be reading along, as we are planning our vow renewal for next year, too. :goodvibes

Thanks girls!!

Erin - Thank you so much!! I am glad you will be reading along!!

pixiegirl - Thank you. Yes, I do all my DISigning on powerpoint. I also use a programme which is on my computer called VCW VicMan's photo editor. I think it must be a free programme as I have never bought it, so I must have downloaded it from somewhere years ago, but I only use this for removing backgrounds from pictures/clipart and converting them to GIF. I occasionally use paint too but very rarely. All the actual DISigns are created on powerpoint and I have never felt the need (or had the spare money) to invest in a programme like photoshop. I know a lot of the DISigners over on the 'Creative DISigns' board use photoshop and their work is far superior to mine, so maybe one day!!!!

angel81uk - I had the bags printed by Vistaprint. HTH Thanks for your lovely comments!!

minniebride - Thank you so much!!! I am still not sure whether the budget will stretch to a DP. I am hoping it will!!! I just needed to have a number to call in case I am given the go ahead to plan a DP at Sago Cay. I will be following your plans closely to see how they are going as we seem pretty similar with what we are doing!! Thanks again!!

BecBeccett - I hope that it is not true that Disney will not arrange a DP for anybody but DFTW brides anymore!!! I think they will lose a lot of business and have a lot of disappointed guests!!! Thank you so much. I am glad you like the bag!!!

pixie921 - I am glad you like my humble D-I-Y projects!!! I am sure your logo is wonderful!!! Do you have a PJ so that I can follow your plans along. I agree that the Swan is very pretty. I am very excited we are having our VR there. Thanks again for following along!!!

We interupt your regularly scheduled PJ to post a couple of pictures I meant to post earlier on but forgot :rolleyes:
First is a picture of our original wedding in 2000

scan0002.jpg

The second is the luggage labels which will be posted to all my guests just before we leave. I asked all my guests who their favourite character was amd made each with their favourite. I don't want to bore you with all of them, so I have posted two examples. I have also posted an example of the back of the tag. I have bought faux leather luggage tags to put them in and figured that if I did the front inserts and back inserts seperately, they could use the front for future journeys and just change the information on the back. I have also done a back insert for the return journey but won't bore you with it as it is the same except in place of the VR logo is the phrase ' But I don't want to go home!!' and it obviously has the return flight details on it!!

luggagetagsagain.jpg

pixie921 - I am glad you like my humble D-I-Y projects!!! I am sure your logo is wonderful!!! Do you have a PJ so that I can follow your plans along. I agree that the Swan is very pretty. I am very excited we are having our VR there. Thanks again for following along!!!

No PJ yet ... we're still over a year away, so I figured I'd start one sometime after the new year. ;)

Those bags are adorable! Everything looks great so far can't wait to read more :)

I love the logo you designed! Beautiful job!

No PJ yet ... we're still over a year away, so I figured I'd start one sometime after the new year. ;)

Those bags are adorable! Everything looks great so far can't wait to read more :)

I love your original wedding photo-very "Cinderella" with the castle-looking door behind you! ;)

Dolly - Thank you!!! This is praise indeed coming from such a talented DISigner!!!

pixie921 - Looking forward to reading all about it when you start your PJ!!

DisneyDiva84 - Thank you so much!! I am flattered you want to keep reading along!!

minniebride - Thank you - It was a lovely day but it was rushed through a bit and not quite what I dreamed of (hired dress, village hall reception etc). My VR will be my opportunity to be a princess (probably the final chance I will get as I am getting old now!!!)

I think your picture is lovely! Love the glimpse of the architecture!

Excuse my American self, but I noticed where you are from...Is that The Lake District, ie, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy? I know I am such a dork...!

Also, I saw that you asked for suggestions for gift bags. Have you thought about detergent for the clothes? I just got back from a trip and used the Purex sheets that have the detergent and fabric softener in one. (you could buy a box and then split them up into decorative envelopes ~ you are so creative it should be a breeze!) There are also just the little boxes of detergent. It was nice to not have a ton of dirty clothes when we got home. (also, even though we pack a collapsible clothes hamper, it's just nice not to have dirty clothes lying about.) Anyway, your guests can purchase those in the laundry room, but it might be nice to have a small box handy. My sister and I were at BWV this spring and the vending machine was out of the individual boxes late one night. This poor lady had to wait forever to have someone refund her money and bring some detergent. We had none to give her, either.

Just remembered I forgot to post these too!!!
These are an example of the tags to go on the kid's welcome bags, which are Toy Story and Princess backpacks.

kidstagsohgod.jpg

I think your picture is lovely! Love the glimpse of the architecture!

Excuse my American self, but I noticed where you are from...Is that The Lake District, ie, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy? I know I am such a dork...!

Also, I saw that you asked for suggestions for gift bags. Have you thought about detergent for the clothes? I just got back from a trip and used the Purex sheets that have the detergent and fabric softener in one. (you could buy a box and then split them up into decorative envelopes ~ you are so creative it should be a breeze!) There are also just the little boxes of detergent. It was nice to not have a ton of dirty clothes when we got home. (also, even though we pack a collapsible clothes hamper, it's just nice not to have dirty clothes lying about.) Anyway, your guests can purchase those in the laundry room, but it might be nice to have a small box handy. My sister and I were at BWV this spring and the vending machine was out of the individual boxes late one night. This poor lady had to wait forever to have someone refund her money and bring some detergent. We had none to give her, either.

I think Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy (swoon!!) were in the Peak District which is in Derbyshire. You are not a dork at all. I am sure you know more about English literature than I do about American literature!!!
Thank you for the suggestions!!! I think they are brilliant!! I will add these things onto my 'to buy' list. Unfortuately I don't think we have sheets with detergent and conditioner in one over here in the UK, but we do have tablets so that's an idea.
Thanks again and thank you for reading along

minniebride - Thank you - It was a lovely day but it was rushed through a bit and not quite what I dreamed of (hired dress, village hall reception etc). My VR will be my opportunity to be a princess (probably the final chance I will get as I am getting old now!!!)

You are never to old to be a princess!! I love the picture from your original wedding!!

Just joining in! I just have to say, your logo is amazing!!!! :worship: and I love your welcome bags and the labels you made for everything. I definitely will be following along. popcorn::

I AM IN LOVE with all the do-it yourself projects! I may have to hire you...considering our vow renewal won't be until 2013, you'll have plenty of time to help me! Keep up the great work, I'm sure all of your guests will appreciate and remember your event!

Just joining in! I just have to say, your logo is amazing!!!! :worship: and I love your welcome bags and the labels you made for everything. I definitely will be following along. popcorn::

I AM IN LOVE with all the do-it yourself projects! I may have to hire you...considering our vow renewal won't be until 2013, you'll have plenty of time to help me! Keep up the great work, I'm sure all of your guests will appreciate and remember your event!

Jules~Marie - thank you for your kind words. I am glad you will follow along. It's great when you meet so many nice people on these boards!!

ZetaCPA - I would be more than happy to help out. I used to DISign on the 'Creative DISigns' board but since I started planning my VR I have had to 'semi-retire' from DISigning for a while. I will be going back to it after my VR and will be honoured to help you out on your VR!!! Just let me know.

So we fly out to Orlando on Sunday 1st May. Some of us will be going from the north of England from Manchester airport and some from the south from Gatwick airport. My daughter and her partner are flying out on the previous Friday and are having a couple of days on their own before we arrive.
We land at approx 15.10 Orlando time and the Gatwick party land a couple of hours later at about 17.15.
I have banked and borrowed my DVC points and have managed to pay for everybody's first 5 nights accommodation with my accumulated points. Most of us are staying at BLT but the Gatwick party (three friends and their three children) are staying in two studios in Kidani Village as they felt the children would prefer it.
Magical Express is arranged for transfers to WDW and as we land first, we are going to go ahead and get checked in at BLT and the Gatwick party will follow later. Nobody could see the point in our party hanging around the airport for two hours waiting for them.
I intend to get the BLT lot checked in and settled, and then my daughter and I will get the bus over from MK to Kidani to meet the other party when they arrive and help them check in.
I am fortunate that I only have five family groups attending, so I am splashing out a bit on welcome bags. I have had them printed with our logo which will appear on all our stationary, invites etc. I intend to hand the bags out myself, first to the BLT group and then to the Kidani group when I go across to meet them and help them check in.
Here is a picture of our welcome bags (they have the log printed on both sides and the little circle in the middle of Mickey and Minnie is a round sparkly crystal)

welcomebagwithsparkle.gif

Here is an example of the hanging tags which will be attached to each bag

welcomebagtag2.gif

I designed the logo to reflect the fact that our VR at Disney and also at the Swan. Our theme is sort of Mickey meets Swan!!!!

Here is a better picture of our logo

bigbag.gif

Next post, I will bore you all with the contents of the welcome bags!!! I can hear you all yawning already!!:rolleyes2

Thanks for the nice compliment on Amanda's PJ. I have to admit...I love this monogram that you made and it inspired me! I love helping others design things and maybe with the wedding and party things...that are non disney...I can some day turn it into a business.

Thanks for the nice compliment on Amanda's PJ. I have to admit...I love this monogram that you made and it inspired me! I love helping others design things and maybe with the wedding and party things...that are non disney...I can some day turn it into a business.

Everything looks amazing Joanne, your logo is fab!

Dolly - Wow I am so flattered that my work has inspired you!!! I am sure you could make a sucessful business out of designing wedding and party items. You certainly have the talent to make a go of it!!! Thanks again and I hope you will continue to follow my plans along.

Claire - Thanks so much. If my day is even half as beauitiful as yours was, I will be delighted. Hope you will continue to follow along!!

Okay I need some honest opinions from you girls - I know I can trust you!!
I have been tweeking my welcome bag and luggage tags a bit and want to know what you think. Do you prefer them as they were originally posted or with the addition of the damask surround (below)?

Damasktags.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter