John & Kevin’s Dining Reviews - My Top Ten

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
Hi Everyone! I posted this in the Disney Dining Reviews forum, but also wanted to post it here for DIS Unplugged listeners. If it’s against the rules to post something in more than one place, please feel free to delete it.

If you are a listener of the DIS Unplugged Podcast, then I'm sure you've heard Kevin and John's Dining Reviews. Over the past few months I've been going back through the really old podcasts and listening to as many dining reviews as I can get my hands on! Not only are they incredibly entertaining, but listening makes my housework go by MUCH faster. I'm sure everyone has their favorites, and I'd love to know what yours are! These are my Top Ten and are definitely worth listening to. I rated them based on their entertainment value and how hard they made me laugh. I don't have links to these, unfortunately, but I have included the dates of the podcasts they are located in. Also, when the reviews are part of a Discussion & News show the dining reviews are usually at the very end of the show. Enjoy!

1. "The Autopsy" - Review of Shutters at the Caribbean Beach Resort - 06/06/10
2. "Free Nothing is Not a Good Deal" - Review of the Captains Grill at the Yacht Club - 08/20/08
3. "The Gothic Basement" - Review of Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot - 01/30/13
4. "A Soup Kitchen Thanksgiving - Who Wants More Bad?" - Review of the Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom - 03/19/13
5. "Yes, My Lard" - Review of Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom - 07/23/08
6. "The Sad Little Crab Cake" - Review of Coral Reef in the Living Seas at Epcot - 08/08/06
7. "Lighter Fluid and Teriyaki Sauce" - Review of Ohana at the Polynesian Resort - 05/14/13
8. "An Undersea Funeral" - Re-Review of Coral Reef in the Living Seas at Epcot - 06/18/13
9. "Battery Acid and Tomatoes" - Review of Tony's Town Square Restaurant in Magic Kingdom - 01/19/16
10. "Dusty Gorillas and Swamp Water" - Review of the Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs - 02/11/14

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I posted this in the Disney Dining Reviews forum, but also wanted to post it here for DIS Unplugged listeners. If it’s against the rules to post something in more than one place, please feel free to delete it.

If you are a listener of the DIS Unplugged Podcast, then I'm sure you've heard Kevin and John's Dining Reviews. Over the past few months I've been going back through the really old podcasts and listening to as many dining reviews as I can get my hands on! Not only are they incredibly entertaining, but listening makes my housework go by MUCH faster. I'm sure everyone has their favorites, and I'd love to know what yours are! These are my Top Ten and are definitely worth listening to. I rated them based on their entertainment value and how hard they made me laugh. I don't have links to these, unfortunately, but I have included the dates of the podcasts they are located in. Also, when the reviews are part of a Discussion & News show the dining reviews are usually at the very end of the show. Enjoy!

1. "The Autopsy" - Review of Shutters at the Caribbean Beach Resort - 06/06/10
2. "Free Nothing is Not a Good Deal" - Review of the Captains Grill at the Yacht Club - 08/20/08
3. "The Gothic Basement" - Review of Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot - 01/30/14
4. "A Soup Kitchen Thanksgiving - Who Wants More Bad?" - Review of the Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom - 03/19/13
5. "Yes, My Lard" - Review of Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom - 07/23/08
6. "The Sad Little Crab Cake" - Review of Coral Reef in the Living Seas at Epcot - 08/08/06
7. "Lighter Fluid and Teriyaki Sauce" - Review of Ohana at the Polynesian Resort - 05/14/13
8. "An Undersea Funeral" - Re-Review of Coral Reef in the Living Seas at Epcot - 06/18/13
9. "Battery Acid and Tomatoes" - Review of Tony's Town Square Restaurant in Magic Kingdom - 01/19/16
10. "Dusty Gorillas and Swamp Water" - Review of the Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs - 02/11/14
@mjaclyn - Totally awesome, thanx!! :)

Can you only listen to these on iTunes? I went to the archived episodes on the website (looking for the Shutters review in particular) and the listen link doesn't work. I guess it's because it's so old.

Can you only listen to these on iTunes? I went to the archived episodes on the website (looking for the Shutters review in particular) and the listen link doesn't work. I guess it's because it's so old.
@rosysubmarine Don't remember the timeline cutoff (thinking somewhere around 2010-'11 when video started?) but prior to that, podcast was not available on YouTube, being audio only.

I will tell you that I've posted several times about being unable to access the Shutters review in particular on YouTube (I do not do iTunes, as stated in this cut/paste of that post, which I will now do)

>>> As I posted just yesterday in the other thread here about this same review, and others asking about older dining reviews , https://www.disboards.com/threads/best-dining-reviews.3465899/page-2, when I tried to listen to the 6/16/10 Shutters episode, it said "File Not Found", on YouTube. I can only assume the same would be true on iTunes, but I don't know, since I don't use that. <<

I will also say that others reported having no problems being able to access that same review in iTunes, so don't know what to say. Good luck!

I just did a quick google search for "DIS dining reviews Kevin Klose Shutters" and found links to both the audio and written review (with pics).

Here's the audio link:

https://player.fm/series/the-dis-un...10-world-of-color-shutters-at-caribbean-beach

I don't subscribe to that service. It just started to play automatically.

Here's the written review with pics:

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/06/22/a-review-of-shutters-at-disney’s-caribbean-beach-resort/

Hope that helps!

ps John & Kevin's dining reviews along with Pete's audio only French Quarter review first drew me to the DIS and the Boards.

Always happy to share with others and spread the wealth. :-)

The only place I have been able to access all of these is iTunes. I searched online before that because I don’t usually use iTunes for my
Podcasts. I use an app called Stitcher.

They are so entertaining! I miss the reviews. I would love them to go to Il Mulino as that is my favorite restaurant on property.

I absolutely love these. They need to come back!

I thought I had an acid tongue!! I would love to hear John and Kevin review Skipper's Canteen.

a long time ago....don't know how long ago....years and years.....Kevin did a funny one about the california grill.....i think since then he's done a more positive update, but the older one was so funny and put into words exactly my thoughts...so it was even more perfect for me..

PEOPLE UNITE!

We need to “storm the castle” and get more Kevin & John reviews.

I watch and enjoy the “Best of Dining” reviews too with Pete, Sean, Charles and Steve. I am greedy. Why can’t we have both?

I really like the “Best of Dining” show too! I don’t really like “live” reviews though - there’s too much background noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter