John Lasseter Allegations

This is important to note...

Rashida Jones came forward after this news and said she did not leave the company due to unwanted advances. She and Will McCormack left due to creative and philosophical differences. They remain enormous fans of Pixar films but Pixar is a culture where women and people of color haven't had equal opportunities. They hope Pixar can be more encouraging and promote more diverse and female story tellers. They also said they are happy people are coming forward about being uncomfortable.

Variety = Tabloid trash. Not a single named source, just rumor and gossip at this point. All that’s known first hand and for certain is John apologizing to those who may have been "on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line."

Variety = Tabloid trash. Not a single named source, just rumor and gossip at this point. All that’s known first hand and for certain is John apologizing to those who may have been "on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line."

Well here is a similar story from Vanity Fair:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/disney-pixar-john-lasseter-leave-allegations

And while I agree we don't know the exact details of what did or didn't happen, no way he voluntarily takes a leave of absence if a lot of this wasn't true and it wasn't more than just an unwanted hug or two - and remember that note he published had to go through lawyers before it could get out

Rashida Jones came forward after this news and said she did not leave the company due to unwanted advances.
Do you think that means there weren't any unwanted advances? Or does it mean that just wasn't the reason for her leaving?

Do you think that means there weren't any unwanted advances? Or does it mean that just wasn't the reason for her leaving?
She didn't deny any sexual misconduct but just made it clear that wasn't why she left. John has always seemed very friendly so maybe some people are uncomfortable around him. I think Rashida wanted to clear her name from this news but also give light to another issue at Pixar.

Well here is a similar story from Vanity Fair:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/disney-pixar-john-lasseter-leave-allegations

And while I agree we don't know the exact details of what did or didn't happen, no way he voluntarily takes a leave of absence if a lot of this wasn't true and it wasn't more than just an unwanted hug or two - and remember that note he published had to go through lawyers before it could get out

I’m still in denial and hope this turns out to be a combo of eccentric man-child genius and a cabal of disgruntled underperforming employees. Also putting on my my conspiracy theory hat the announcement on Coco opening weekend May very well not be coincidence.

I’m still in denial and hope this turns out to be a combo of eccentric man-child genius and a cabal of disgruntled underperforming employees. Also putting on my my conspiracy theory hat the announcement on Coco opening weekend May very well not be coincidence.

I certainly think it is understandable to want it to not be true - I know recently Sarah Silverman was talking on her show about how she can be totally discussed by what Loius CK did but still love him as a friend and how that it is hard for her to sort that out

As far as the timing of it - I just don't see how this helps Coco as I have seen a few people now say they won't go or give any money to an organization that had him as the leader. Unless it is that they were concerned at how it would perform and will use this as the "excuse" if it underperforms

I certainly think it is understandable to want it to not be true - I know recently Sarah Silverman was talking on her show about how she can be totally discussed by what Loius CK did but still love him as a friend and how that it is hard for her to sort that out

As far as the timing of it - I just don't see how this helps Coco as I have seen a few people now say they won't go or give any money to an organization that had him as the leader. Unless it is that they were concerned at how it would perform and will use this as the "excuse" if it underperforms

Wow, I was going the other way on a conspiracy theory, thinking it was a Disney/Pixar competitor providing “incentives” for a rogue band of disgruntled employees to come forward on holiday opening weekend, with the intent of hurting box office sales. To think Disney leadership timed the Lasseter announcement as an excuse for what they believe will be an underperforming movie definitely outdoes my conspiracy theory!

This is important to note...

Rashida Jones came forward after this news and said she did not leave the company due to unwanted advances. She and Will McCormack left due to creative and philosophical differences. They remain enormous fans of Pixar films but Pixar is a culture where women and people of color haven't had equal opportunities. They hope Pixar can be more encouraging and promote more diverse and female story tellers. They also said they are happy people are coming forward about being uncomfortable.

Okay, but that is one person. What about the rest?

She didn't deny any sexual misconduct but just made it clear that wasn't why she left. John has always seemed very friendly so maybe some people are uncomfortable around him. I think Rashida wanted to clear her name from this news but also give light to another issue at Pixar.

There’s a big difference between being friendly and sexual assault/harassment. Being friendly doesn’t make someone uncomfortable.

No one has come out and likely can’t due to NDAs. Rashida came out because several articles said she left due to unwanted advances and that was not the case.

Just because names haven’t been publicized doesn’t mean they haven’t reported it internally or that it didn’t happen at all. If he didn’t do anything wrong, why is he now on a six month leave?

Just because names haven’t been publicized doesn’t mean they haven’t reported it internally or that it didn’t happen at all. If he didn’t do anything wrong, why is he now on a six month leave?
Rashida was the only name mentioned. She came forward to say what was said about her leaving the company was not true. I did not once say it didn’t happen nor that John didn’t do anything wrong. I’m just pointing out that Rashida made a statement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!