John Magi Show Host Appreciation Thread

SoCalTrojanSkip

Tropic Rivers Of Adventure
I recently got to hear the 6/26/2018 episode of the Dis Unplugged, and it baffled me when John mentioned "there were enough people who hate when I host". I thought to myself, surely not...!!

Personally, I love it when John hosts. True it's a little more loose than Pete is in the chair, but it's got such a different vibe, and John's wicked sense of humor really comes through.

That being said, I thought it would be fun to start a thread for all the rest of us that truly enjoy when John hosts the show....it's not just me right...?

I am also a big fan. Like you said - different, and atmosphere more "relaxed" than with Pete, but I love the difference, and you can see people still respect him, even being more relaxed. Of course - you can never really know for sure until it happens, but I think John is the type of boss I would have loved to have had!

John has an awesome intelligence, a killer sense of humor, and an unquestionably soothing voice! :)

I see John as fully embracing all opinions. But, at any point, I feel he reserves the right to challenge your/a position. This, in my experience, makes all round table discussion attendees to do their due diligence and come ultra-prepared (lessons learned from a previous life). Do this management technique, week-over-week, month-over-month, year-over-year and you elevate your team's preparedness.

I love John hosting. I also love when Craig or Ryno host. Ryno mentioned something similar on a recent Best and Worst, which blew my mind. I like Pete a lot but these other members have great contributions too. It's also a different atmosphere and it can be hilarious when things go off the rails! Keep it up, team!

I have to continue to say what I've said for the entire time I've watched - I appreciate each and every one of the many Team members - each for his or her own individual skill sets, sense of humor, history, perspective, etc. they bring to the table. Each different. Each appreciated. By me, at least. :)

I have to continue to say what I've said for the entire time I've watched - I appreciate each and every one of the many Team members - each for her or her own individual skill sets, sense of humor, perspective, etc. they bring to the table. Each different. Each appreciated. By me, at least. :)

Agreed. As only a ~2 year viewer, I see the dynamics as being "somewhat" balanced. Certainly, I see some demographics (a.k.a. single, heterosexual middle-aged males) that could use a viewpoint injection, but not complaining.

So the question in my mind is: stay the course and potentially expand the existing demographic audience with round-table attendees as they see fit? Or expand the demographic audience in the short-term, albeit without a large data set, and gauge the interaction/interest? I did hear someone on the panel say, "change is the only way you grow".

Thank you all for the kind words.

I promise that my comments about people not liking when I host was not a passive-aggressive way of getting your admiration :love1:

Teresa was reluctant to read the news for me because she says people don't like it when she does (I like it, that's why I ask) to which I replied that the folks on youtube hate when I host.

That conversation 'spilled over' onto the show and I was using it when things went 'off the rails'.

Thanks again but I am fine and all is well.

Thank you all for the kind words.

I promise that my comments about people not liking when I host was not a passive-aggressive way of getting your admiration :love1:

Teresa was reluctant to read the news for me because she says people don't like it when she does (I like it, that's why I ask) to which I replied that the folks on youtube hate when I host.

That conversation 'spilled over' onto the show and I was using it when things went 'off the rails'.

Thanks again but I am fine and all is well.

Teresa and Kathy are good at reading the news. Wish they'd appear more often on the Tuesday show and wish they'd do a monthly show like The Trip. They need more face time.

...Wish they'd appear more often on the Tuesday show and wish they'd do a monthly show like The Trip. They need more face time.

I was looking for a new podcast just for something new, and found the Trip! I listened to all of it in about three weeks and fell in love with it!! Loved hearing about Teresa's road trip and issues!!

I love John hosting. I also love when Craig or Ryno host. Ryno mentioned something similar on a recent Best and Worst, which blew my mind. I like Pete a lot but these other members have great contributions too. It's also a different atmosphere and it can be hilarious when things go off the rails! Keep it up, team!

Truth be told, Craig hosting is my 100% favorite if it's not Pete....the snark is strong with those episodes.

Every episode with an interaction between Teresa and well...anybody makes me laugh so hard sometimes I have to pull the car over.

Last edited:
I agree, I love it when John hosts. His voice is very soothing, and I appreciate his humor. He's like a big teddy bear. Sorry, John, but that's what I think:) I also enjoy Pete, no complaints there, but John does a stellar job when Pete is not available. I love Kevin's offbeat sense of humor and his stance on Star Wars. I kind of agree. I am not excited about it, but will go to the new land just to see it. So, I guess this rambling means that I enjoy the whole staff and the show immensely:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter