Join us for the Shanghai Disneyland Premier Tour?

P3arl

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! Anyone considering doing the Disney Premium Tour sometime in July 2016?

My sister and I are planning to go to SDL for two days in July and we're hoping to find 4 people to join us on doing the Disney Premium Tour.

The tour is a 6hr tour that can accommodate up to 6 people at a set price of around 12500 RMB (that's what I've heard from people so far). Therefore, it should cost around $320 USD per person. To us, the main benefit of the tour would be priority access to all attractions since the lines are going to be crazy long.

Please message me if you're interested!

You can find more info on the tour here: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/tours/vip-tour-services/

Hi, I can confirm the price for the tour is 12500 RMB for up to 6 people. We did the very first tour for the Grand Opening ourselves. You can get priority access to all attractions as well as shows. The only character meet & greet that is included is Mickey Mouse because that counts as an attraction. For rides that don't have fast pass, you will enter through the exit. During our tour we often had to wait for about 5 minutes though until they could accomodate us. Maybe as time goes by, they will smoothen out the operations. On the fast pass rides you have to take the fast pass entrance so there will still be some lines. Depending on the attraction the fast pass waiting time ranged from 5 to 20 minutes. At one point during our tour we were stuck in the fast pass queue for Soarin' when the ride broke down. We waited there for a long time and didn't get an exit pass or anything.
I don't want to sound too negative though. The tour was a wonderful experience, especially for the Grand Opening. We managed to get all the rides done once and Tron and Pirates twice.

Hi, I can confirm the price for the tour is 12500 RMB for up to 6 people. We did the very first tour for the Grand Opening ourselves. You can get priority access to all attractions as well as shows. The only character meet & greet that is included is Mickey Mouse because that counts as an attraction. For rides that don't have fast pass, you will enter through the exit. During our tour we often had to wait for about 5 minutes though until they could accomodate us. Maybe as time goes by, they will smoothen out the operations. On the fast pass rides you have to take the fast pass entrance so there will still be some lines. Depending on the attraction the fast pass waiting time ranged from 5 to 20 minutes. At one point during our tour we were stuck in the fast pass queue for Soarin' when the ride broke down. We waited there for a long time and didn't get an exit pass or anything.
I don't want to sound too negative though. The tour was a wonderful experience, especially for the Grand Opening. We managed to get all the rides done once and Tron and Pirates twice.

Hi! Thank you so much for the info! That's so awesome you got to do it for the Grand Opening. How many days do you think we should stay if we didn't do the Premier Tour? I heard the lines can go up to 3 hrs per ride, so I was thinking 2 days may be too little.

How many days do you think we should stay if we didn't do the Premier Tour? I heard the lines can go up to 3 hrs per ride, so I was thinking 2 days may be too little.

I was there for Opening Day too and didn't do the tour. I had a list of rides and shows that I wanted to prioritise before I left, and I had them all done plus some by the end of the second day. I rarely waited more than half an hour for anything, utilising FP and SR, and just trying to time things reasonably. Each day I either had a short break back at the hotel in the afternoon, or did a long table service meal. I had decided before leaving that I wasn't interested in Soaring, which probably saved me a lot of time. Unfortunately I didn't manage to catch Roaring Rapids either, but that's because I pretty much decided that I didn't want to prioritise it anymore - mainly because it looks like an exact replica of the one at DCA and I decided I didn't want wet feet lol! The castle stage show was also not showing while I was there as they were still taking down the props surrounding the castle from the official opening ceremony. Disappointed I missed that one. I saw the parade once, then stumbled across it twice more randomly. I saw Ignite the Dream twice from different spots. I rode Tron 3 times on the first day, and once on the last day. I also rode Pirates 4 times, Peter Pan twice, and SDMT twice. Rode every other ride that I wanted to. Saw both Tarzan and Pirates stunt show. Met HEAPS of characters with super short lines. I would recommend 3 days if you really want to experience everything without doing a tour.

When I look at the app now, so a Saturday evening it looks pretty good.

SDMT: 90 Min
Winnie the Pooh: 40 min
Voyage to the Crystal Grotto: 30 min
Jet Packs: 30 min
Buzz Light Year Planet Rescue: 30 min
Tron: 30 min
Once Upon a Time: 30 min
Pirates of the Caribbean: 30 min
Peter Pan's Flight: 20 min
Hunny Pot Spin: 10 min
Shipwreck Cove: 5 min
Siren's Revenge: 5 min

What I do find remarkable, the wait times are reasonable when there are several rides which close early: Caroussel, Dumbo, Roaring Rapids (7pm) and Stitch Encounter, Soaring (8pm) are closed .

I think it will be hard to estimate crowds and waiting times at the moment as we only have had the preview days and opening week. Those aren't really reliable for how crowded the park will be on a normal day. But then again, the tour could be worth your while, school vacations in China will start soon and we can only guess how many people have decided to go to Disneyland Shanghai.

The locals seemed to mostly leave straight after Ignite the Dream (and this would have a lot to do with the train schedule, with the last train on many lines leaving remarkably early). If you're not that fussed on seeing the show, or are happy to just see it from wherever you are (which is highly possible since the castle is so visible from all over the park), you could definitely use that time to your advantage. Many of the smaller rides (especially in Fantasyland) had very short waits or were even walk ons after the show finished.

Hey everyone! Anyone considering doing the Disney Premium Tour sometime in July 2016?

My sister and I are planning to go to SDL for two days in July and we're hoping to find 4 people to join us on doing the Disney Premium Tour.

The tour is a 6hr tour that can accommodate up to 6 people at a set price of around 12500 RMB (that's what I've heard from people so far). Therefore, it should cost around $320 USD per person. To us, the main benefit of the tour would be priority access to all attractions since the lines are going to be crazy long.

Please message me if you're interested!

You can find more info on the tour here: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/tours/vip-tour-services/

Did you end up using the VIP Tour and if so, how was your experience? By the way, does it include the entrance tickets or do you still need to buy those? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!