Jon Favreau to write Star Wars series for Disney streaming

Hahaha I like this line from Kathleen Kennedy...

"This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity" to fire more than half of them and redo their work.

Hmm, it says he will be writing and producing. According to IMDB he doesn't really have that many writing credits. He also directed Iron Man 2, which was a mess.

Oh well, maybe he'll do a good job. Here's to hoping.

Hahaha I like this line from Kathleen Kennedy...

"This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity" to fire more than half of them and redo their work.

Hmm, it says he will be writing and producing. According to IMDB he doesn't really have that many writing credits. He also directed Iron Man 2, which was a mess.

Oh well, maybe he'll do a good job. Here's to hoping.
He did a good job with Jungle Book I thought and I have high hopes for Lion King.

He did a good job with Jungle Book I thought and I have high hopes for Lion King.

He also directed Iron Man 2, which was a mess (in my opinion). Then again, he directed Iron Man the original.

But directing is different from writing, and who knows how involved producers are. Sounds like all have different levels of involvement.

Looks like he wrote the movie Chef, Couples Retreat, The First $20 million is the Hardest, Made, Smog and Swingers. Not sure if I've seen any of those.

Favreau is a great choice. He's a very good director in my book and he loves this kind of content. I'm very excited!

He also directed Iron Man 2, which was a mess (in my opinion). Then again, he directed Iron Man the original.

But directing is different from writing, and who knows how involved producers are. Sounds like all have different levels of involvement.

Looks like he wrote the movie Chef, Couples Retreat, The First $20 million is the Hardest, Made, Smog and Swingers. Not sure if I've seen any of those.

I can recommend Chef. I think it is even on Netflix right now.

Swingers was like his big breakout - it's a rather good "cult" sort of movie

I think it is a good choice ... I am actually more excited about this series (even before the director was announced) than the new film trilogies

Swingers was like his big breakout - it's a rather good "cult" sort of movie

I think it is a good choice ... I am actually more excited about this series (even before the director was announced) than the new film trilogies

I'm with you there. I enjoyed Rebels (the cartoon) more than the Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

I am firmly behind Dave Filoni for creative control of Lucasfilm. Kennedy can stay on and handle financials and the business aspect. But Filoni in creative control of everything is my dream.

I'm with you there. I enjoyed Rebels (the cartoon) more than the Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

I am firmly behind Dave Filoni for creative control of Lucasfilm. Kennedy can stay on and handle financials and the business aspect. But Filoni in creative control of everything is my dream.
How many times can I like this? Seriously, only once? I want to give 1000.... maybe more.

And looking at Favreau's IMDB page, I had no idea that he was the voice of Pre Vizsla in the Clone Wars series. You learn something new everyday....

I'm not a huge fan of his work, but agree that he's a safe and sensible choice for Disney given his work on the Marvel properties and the live action Jungle Book and Lion King movies. He seems to have developed a good sense of mass market sensibilities - which might be a nice direction away from fan-service. I'd rather have well-written, original stories than something still trying to ride the coattails of the OT.

Agree! Dave Filoni is the best and the Rebels finale was amazing! I'm sure he has another animated offering in the works.

Agree! Dave Filoni is the best and the Rebels finale was amazing! I'm sure he has another animated offering in the works.

I seriously want a

Series with Ahsoka and Sabine going off to find Ezra.

But only if it's well written.

Like @ShadeDK said, well written is the key. If they can't write it well, then don't do it.

Just do whatever you do with SW well, Disney. Then I will be happy whatever the content.

I seriously want a

Series with Ahsoka and Sabine going off to find Ezra.

But only if it's well written.

Like @ShadeDK said, well written is the key. If they can't write it well, then don't do it.

Just do whatever you do with SW well, Disney. Then I will be happy whatever the content.

Yeah, but if Filoni's in charge of it, I wouldn't worry too much!

Star wars is cool in small doses. It's going to over saturate itself

A majority of the lore of star wars was how rare we saw the movies

I initially thought this was about a different writer named Jon Favreau and was a bit surprised, lol.

Star Wars needs to find their Kevin Feige.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts