Joshua Tree day trip question

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
We are planning our June trip, four days at a DVC resort, but only two park hopper days for the parks. Is a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park reasonable? We don’t mind the heat, or getting up and on the road before the sunrise. It looks like the driving time is about 2 hours, but I am not share how long a drive it is to get deep into the park.

THe entire route within the park is at least six hours with stops to actually get out and get close to rocks and plants and cool stuff.Pack food.

We are planning our June trip, four days at a DVC resort, but only two park hopper days for the parks. Is a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park reasonable? We don’t mind the heat, or getting up and on the road before the sunrise. It looks like the driving time is about 2 hours, but I am not share how long a drive it is to get deep into the park.
We just went on our way home from DL. The drive along the main road through the park takes an hour-ish with no stops. There are quite a few places to stop, but obviously how many you do and how long you spend is up to you. I thought it was a really lovely park, and if you don't mind a lot of time in the car, you will probably enjoy it.

Yes, but where are you coming from? Like are you driving in from somewhere else and will it be on your way in or on your way out? I agree with another poster that suggested it as the end of a trip.

Yes, but where are you coming from? Like are you driving in from somewhere else and will it be on your way in or on your way out? I agree with another poster that suggested it as the end of a trip.
We would do this as a day trip from our DVC resort.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately no room at the DVC inn for us :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter