Journey into our Magical Vacation Day 10

Annie'sMom

Earning My Ears
Day 10 - Wednesday, November 15, 2000

Me – 42, Single mom and Disney fanatic. The first question my co-workers ask when I return from vacation is, “So, when are you going back?” I live in Central Missouri and typically depart from St. Louis Lambert Airport, which is about a 1.5 hour drive from home.

DD – 4-year-old diva. I’m serious; this girl has a future on the stage or screen. She loves to sing and dance and loves all things Disney, too.

Oh dear, our last day. You know, when I plan my trips, I always try to plan as late a departure as I can to ensure that we have fun as long as possible. However, when the final day arrives, I almost wish that we could just go get on the plane. It’s almost like prolonging the agony of leaving. We woke up and finished the last minute packing. We bid Les goodbye and gave her the groceries that we hadn’t used that we thought she use. I promised to get in contact with her family and let them know she was fine. We then loaded the car and set out for Downtown Disney. The weather this morning was much cooler but bright and sunny. When we arrived at DD, we went to the Gourmet Pantry for some breakfast. DD had a Mickey Muffin and juice and I had a croissant. I also purchased a cookie and a rice krispie (They are huge!) treat for the plane. We then started, er….continued, our shopping adventure.

First we went to the Christmas Shoppe. I really enjoyed looking at that store. I was hoping to find some Christmas cards with the castle or something on them, but I didn’t find any. I could have spent a ton more money in the Christmas store. We also looked in the 2 R’s store. Again, they had lots of neat stuff, but there wasn’t anything there I couldn’t live without. We also checked out the Art of Disney store, looking for the miniatures of The Partners statue. They had nothing, and even if they had, I would never have been able to afford it! We didn’t’ spend a lot of time there because DD was not in her stroller and there was lots of breakable stuff there.

We headed back to WOD, and I purchased a few more things I wanted, including a WDW calendar and a key ring. I also purchased Contemporary Resort pins. I planned to send one to Leslea after we returned. I was looking for a new park video, but I wasn’t able to find one. Does anyone know when they are going to release the new WDW park video? I again looked at the watches but couldn’t find one I really liked. I know you can custom order watches at the Magic Kingdom. Has anyone ever done this? I would imagine it’s really expensive. I really want a watch with the castle on it or one with just a plain Mickey head on it. I saw one in the Disney catalog this month, and I may order it. DD spent the time in WOD watching cartoons. We then went to McDonalds for a final lunch and then we went and DD played at the Lego Imagination Center for a while. Finally, though, it was time to leave for the airport. I needed to fill the gas tank, so we headed to the Hess station on 535. The gas there was nearly 20 cents a gallon cheaper than two miles north.

We arrived at the airport and I curb checked the luggage and then returned the car. Check in for the car was quick and painless. We found our gate and sat down to wait. The flight left on time and by 5:45, we were on a shuttle to the Park Express to retrieve the car. With the 7 free days of parking, I only paid $12.00 for nine days of parking. Not too shabby. We arrived home around 7:30 pm. DD had a bath and went to bed. I unpacked and got caught up on the mail. I was glad to be home but sad to be away from Disney. Final thoughts and opinions coming up.

Well for a trip home yours wasnt too bad. I always hate leaving too. Its such a tough day..packing and all. :( Thanks for posting.

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
jump.cgi

The last day is always so sad but I know what you mean about leaving too. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter