Joyce & Chuck; Memories 1-15-18 @ Polynesian

JFox

DIS Veteran
Well it's official we are having a Disney Fairytale Wedding!!!!!

We are both 40 Somethings and been married before. 5 kids between us. We have been dating for 3.5 years. Coincidentally on our second date I told him that I wanted to get married at WDW. He is the president of his accounting firm and we have to plan vacations around tax deadlines. We both love Disney so much that we joined DVC in May. Our wedding trip will be our first stay at the Poly as DVC members.

We are eloping. Leaving the drama at home and having a quiet ceremony with just the 2 of us. Our vacation dates are 1/14/18-1/18/18. Ceremony on 1/15/18 at 11:00am. We have an ADR at Chefs de France.

I will finally get my Wedding Celebration button!

J.

MK_TOMBRDG2_7466587313.jpeg IMG_0059.JPG PhotoGrid_1482164413164.jpg Snapchat-1579244909.jpg IMG_20170908_103710_658.jpg

aw thats so sweet <3 I am a DVC Poly Member too! Love it!

We are taking our first DVC trip this October at Boulder Ridge. Our wedding trip in January will be our first Poly Home Resort stay.

I have pages and pages of notes. We are having a planning meeting this weekend and making ceremony, officiant and cosmetology selections.

I was emailing back and forth with the officiant and got a laugh about the following,

Is the premarital counseling license discount only for FL residents? If you work with the Brevard County courthouse to get you murder license by mail they will honor the discount.

Nice, I love when people post their Memories and Escape weddings, everything is always wishes! Which is nice but I really like Memories and Escape the best actually! Disney in January is great!

We have been thinking about this for so long we have actually been through all price levels for Memories!

Memories is perfect for us since we are eloping. No guests, just us. We have been married before and neither of us wanted to have a BIG wedding. I go back and forth about eloping. Our parents, friends and family will be happy for us.

We've made our Disney FTW and officiant deposits. I still need to decide on a cosmetology vendor. I am open to suggestions!

Drama, drama, drama. Considering upgrading from Memories to Escape.

Drama, drama, drama. Considering upgrading from Memories to Escape.

Weddings are full of drama, unfortunately. Even I thought I would be mostly drama free because our families are pretty laid back when it comes to the whole wedding tradition... not true! You will never make everyone happy!

Updates!

We are back to Memories. We discussed with our mothers and kids and we will have a reception at home for everyone.

Today I tried on dresses at 2 different stores. Everything I thought I wanted went right out the window. I have 5 possibilities and going back with my mother tomorrow to David's Bridal to pick the final dress. When my fiancé started planning we talked about me wearing a very casual dress I already have. I want a new dress and he will be surprised when he sees me. No veil but I am considering a white fascinator.

Last things to do are select my cosmetologist, jewelry, hair and makeup ideas and shoes. Also want to order announcements to mail in January at DisneyWorld.

I was worried that by having a Memories wedding it wouldn't feel special or like a real Disney bride. Not feeling like that so much anymore.

I GOT MY DRESS! I GOT MY DRESS! I GOT MY DRESS! and shoes!

My mother went back with me today and I tried on the finalists from yesterday saving my favorite for last. We both agreed on the last. I also picked up FUCSHIA shoes. They were clearance and if I find something I like better can wear them with a LBD. Dress will arrive the weekend after Thanksgiving and the only alterations I will need is a bustle. Considering a belt with a matching fucshia ribbon, no rush for that.

Also found a cute Mickey Fascinator that I will be making to wear during the ceremony and afterwards to the parks.

Yeah!

We booked a Mini MK Portrait session for 10/23 during our trip in 16 days!!! This is a nice alternative to the MK Bridal session that I was not able to book. Our plan is to get at least 1 image suitable to use for our announcements. We will mail the announcements in January after our ceremony from MK.

This is really happening.

Our Castle Proposal

We landed at MCO and checked into ME after a quick stop at the Universal Studios store. We needed Harry Potter t shirts for today.

There was a bit of a wait for our bus and we were getting concerned because we had an ADR at Skipper Canteen for 7:45pm. We got to Wilderness Lodge, check in, dumped our travel bags in the room and took the first bus to MK. It seemed like it too forever but it was actually a quick ride.

Security was relatively quick. I had a small wristlet and my BF put it in his pocket so we went through thr bag free lane. Adter secutity we had to go by guest services to activate our AP before we could enter the park.

The park entrance was CROWDED. The mad dash up Main Street was packed with guests lining the street and others taking Photopass pictures. My BF was behind me and I kept telling him to come up by my side but he kept his place. We passed in front of Casey's to make out way toward the Adventureland bridge and he stopped me. I said "Honey, we can't be late or they will charge us $10 each. And I'm hungry!" He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Everyone around us was clapping and cheering. I couldn't believe it. The proposal and the ring were perfect.

We got to Skipper Canteen a few minutes late but told them we had a really good reason. The crew was so nice. They gave us these mugs, took our picture and gave us a ANYTIME FASTPASS!! That was the best part because I wasn't able to get a FP for FOP. Dinner was delicious.

On our way out we stopped at City Hall for our buttons. I was so happy to get one. I have wanted one of my very own forever!

We are here until Tuesday and then back January 14-18.

We have been back from what ended up being and Engagement Trip. Is it weird that we started planning our Memories Wedding before we were officially engaged?

Our trip was a whirlwind from the moment we landed. By the end of the week we were both exhausted. I don't think we can continue to have Commando Disney trips. I am still recovering. I decided that for our January trip we are going to take it easy.

Our Magic Kingdom photo shoot pictures turned out great. I have about 15 favorites and need to narrow that down to just a few images. I am planning to select/print our announcents in November and use these images.

As far as wedding planning we are going to work on planning the ceremony. Rev Knox provides a simple a la carte planner so we can build according to our preferences.

Wedding announcements have been ordered!! The order has already been processed and shipped. I need to pick a coordinating stamps and find someone to address envelopes since I have the handwriting of a serial killer.

My dress arrived yesterday. I was able to move up my alterations appointment from November 26 to November 12. I’ve met with the seamstress the day I elected my dress and all I need is a single button for an underbustle. Yesterday I was quoted a 4-6 week timeframe to complete the alterations. Should be completed before January.

I have no idea what to tell my cosmetologist to do with my hair and make up. My daily routine consists of eyeliner and mascara. I want to look like me and not overdone...

I’m considering additional outside photography for getting ready and first look. Price will be the determining factor. I don’t have bridesmaids and will only have my Best friend with me. I do want dress pictures, getting ready, etc.

To do
Finish planning the ceremony
Arrange final payments
Return planning kit to DFTW
Finish planning our trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!