Jubilant June 2019 Exercise Challenge

Starting off the month good. DH got me up yesterday morning to go for a walk. We got back and the kids were still sleeping so we went for a longer walk. By like 8:30 am I had almost 10,000 steps. Ended the day with 17,000.

June 1 - 27
June 2 - 151

178/1350 Total

A quiet weekend with too much couch time having a weird reaction to the shingles vaccine (be forewarned if you’re planning to get it!), I got back on track today at the gym for 45 minutes. I couldn’t do anything weight bearing because of the muscle soreness from the shot so I just stayed on the treadmill.

A quiet weekend with too much couch time having a weird reaction to the shingles vaccine (be forewarned if you’re planning to get it!), I got back on track today at the gym for 45 minutes. I couldn’t do anything weight bearing because of the muscle soreness from the shot so I just stayed on the treadmill.
I hope you are feeling better. Reactions to vaccines are the worst.

So sorry you've been feeling badly and hope you bounce back quickly.

There's a special celebration in Shanghai this week only. Donald Duck turns 85 on June 9, 2019, and in his honor from June 3 to June 9 Shanghai Disneyland has rolled out special decorations, food (including Donald-themed ice creams, waffles, and drinks), and merchandise. Donald will be leading the Shanghai Disneyland band, and there will be a special birthday celebration on June 9, giving guests the opportunity to sing Happy Birthday to him. Also, the resort is offering special birthday packages to help guests celebrate their own birthdays.

I hadn't realized that Donald Duck is a favorite in China. The resort's press release about the celebration offers the following "fun facts about just how popular Donald Duck is amongst Chinese guests at Shanghai Disney Resort":
  • Every year, around 150,000 guests visit Shanghai Disney Resort to say hello and take pictures with Donald Duck at the character meet and greet locations.
  • Around 5 million guests have visited the 11-meter-tall Giant Donald Duck on Wishing Star Lake since its inauguration on July 9, 2018.
  • Donald’s Waffles are one of the top selling desserts in the park. If you stacked up all of the plain Donald’s Waffles sold at the resort since its Grand Opening [in 2016], the waffle tower would be 18 times taller than the Enchanted Storybook Castle.
  • Donald’s Duckburg Ices are one of the most popular ice-creams available in the park. If you lined up all of the Donald’s Duckburg Ices sold at the resort since its Grand Opening [in 2016], the popsicles would stretch around the Shanghai Inner Ring Road 3.76 times.
  • There are over 100 different kinds of Donald Duck-themed merchandise items available at Shanghai Disney Resort.
  • The most popular Donald-themed merchandise items at Shanghai Disney Resort include Donald minibody hats, crossbody bags, mugs, Sleepy Donald headbands, and plush toys of all kind.
(The press release has pictures of the giant Donald Duck, as well as the cute Donald merchandise and food.)
Very cool! I wish I could see Donald leading the band.

Congratulations to MikeNamez, piglet1979, Twilight Sparkle, me, and the team for turning Big Bash Blue!

In addition to Donald's birthday, this summer Shanghai Disney Resort is celebrating the Marvel Universe through Marvel-Home of the Heroes. With the release of Avengers: Endgame, the park rolled out new Marvel-themed (you guessed it!) merchandise and food and drink options. Guests also have the opportunity to participate in the Avengers Training Initiative and meet characters including Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man, and Doctor Strange. The park even transformed one of its eateries into a Marvel-themed dining experience!

Interestingly, halfway around the world from Shanghai, Disneyland Paris also has been celebrating Marvel this year. From March 23-June 16, Disneyland Paris is hosting Marvel Season of Super Heroes. This park offers the Marvel: Super Heroes United show, Stark Expo: Make Way for a Better Tomorrow show, the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance-Off, character greetings, and of course, special food. Food trucks at the Studios park will offer "special sweet and savoury quick bites" including Croq’ Avengers, Super Heroes Falafels, Panther Ice Cream, and Groot Shortbread. But I would probably be looking for the Baby Groot Chocolate Mousse or maybe the Awesome Mix Tape Cake (chocolate-flavored shortbread made to look like a cassette tape).

Congratulations to ljcrochet for turning Big Bash Blue and to MikeNamez for being the first Open-Air Orange team member (which he actually was by 2.5 minutes yesterday, but I didn't realize-sorry!).

Going on right now (until September 30) is Mickey & Minnie's Surprise Celebration at the Magic Kingdom. If you're headed to WDW this summer, keep an eye out for Mickey and Minnie in their special celebration outfits and all kinds of fun things centered around Main Street USA and the central plaza--including the "Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party." According to the Disney Parks Blog, you'll want to perfect your moves for "the twist, the swim, the pony, the shimmy, the cool jerk, and the bird."

And as we well know, it's not a Disney celebration without special food and merchandise. Check out the Minnie Kitchen Sink at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts