Jubilant June 2019 Exercise Challenge

Wow! With all the reports rolling in, the team total increased by 7% today! :jumping1:

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for turning Open-Air Orange and to MikeNamez for being the first team member to reach Party Purple!

When I did the round-up of Toy Story celebrations at the parks, I missed one. On certain nights this summer, Typhoon Lagoon is hosting H20 Glow Nights, themed to Toy Story. According to the website, "the atmosphere transforms into an electric celebration overflowing with splash-tactic surprises." But at least one review I saw thought that Disney could have done better with the decor and merchandise. (They'd go back, though, because of all the short lines!).

Wrapping up the summer celebrations are a couple of events that seem unique to Disneyland Paris.

Tomorrow, June 15, Disney Loves Jazz fills the Walt Disney Studios Park from 8 pm - 2 am! In addition to plenty of live music and attractions, attendees will have the chance to meet and greet with Tiana & Naveen, Oswald & Ortensia, Marie, Berlioz & Toulouse, Louis & Dr Facilier and (for the first time in Disney Loves Jazz), Buzz Lightyear, Woody, King Louie & Baloo, Rémy & Émile.

And then, from July 5 to 7, electro takes over the Walt Disney Studios Park with Electroland 2019 (the third appearance for this event). Apparently the Hollywood Tower Hotel will become a backdrop for a dazzling projection show during the performances.

Here's a recap from last year's Electroland:

Congratulations to sjrec and to me for turning Party Purple!

Moving into fall events, Epcot has one of my favorites--from August 29 through November 23, it's the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival!

This festival celebrates cuisine from around the world. There are numerous special events, from the Party for the Senses to specialty dinners with wine pairings, to special appearances and presentations, to the Eat to the Beat concert series. And most importantly to me, there are a few dozen food booths set up around the World Showcase with many tasty treats.

We once attended a tea talk and tasting by a member of the Twining family that was quite interesting. But I do NOT recommend trying to go around the World Showcase visiting every single booth in the same afternoon (been there, done that, won't try it again). :crazy2:

Tomorrow, June 15, Disney Loves Jazz fills the Walt Disney Studios Park from 8 pm - 2 am! In addition to plenty of live music and attractions, attendees will have the chance to meet and greet with Tiana & Naveen, Oswald & Ortensia, Marie, Berlioz & Toulouse, Louis & Dr Facilier and (for the first time in Disney Loves Jazz), Buzz Lightyear, Woody, King Louie & Baloo, Rémy & Émile.

This one sounds fun! I haven't been keeping up with exercise in the last few days, but I'm still here. I'll try to make up some time later today.

Only 30 minutes to report - (435/1000)
Getting ready for our road trip to see our granddaughters- and their parents,too. So exercise will be sporadic for the next two weeks. I wish time in the car counted ☺

As you can see by my signature, I love the Food & Wine festival. My daughter and I have gone every year since 2001! Well, almost- hurricane Sandy kept us home in 2012.
We have our favorites - France, Italy, Canada.
We always begin with champagne from France and waffles from Belgium for breakfast! Since we usually go for least 5 days, we manage to hit most of the booths. We love the nitro frozen chocolate thingie, the Italian margarita, the poké and mai tai in
Hawaii.
Last year we went in late September into early October - the weather almost did me in. It was 95 degrees with a real feel of 105. So this year we’re back to November!!!

June 13 -- 46
June 14 -- 24
June 15 -- 27
June 16 -- 0

Total 664/1350

This weekend was rough with getting in any type of walking. It rained all weekend and is supposed to rain all week. I am over the rain. We haven't even been able to cut the back yard because it is so wet. The grass is getting so long.

30 minute walk

915/1800

I have been so distracted by our latest addition to the family that I can't seem to get back to my regular routine. When we went to the mountains, we came back with a 2 month old cockatiel for our daughter. It was a brilliant idea for our daughter's sake, but all I want to do now is play with and cuddle with the bird in my spare time. Doing so doesn't require much active effort on my part. If I don't make goal this month, I blame the bird.

Only 30 minutes to report - (435/1000)
Getting ready for our road trip to see our granddaughters- and their parents,too. So exercise will be sporadic for the next two weeks. I wish time in the car counted ☺

As you can see by my signature, I love the Food & Wine festival. My daughter and I have gone every year since 2001! Well, almost- hurricane Sandy kept us home in 2012.
We have our favorites - France, Italy, Canada.
We always begin with champagne from France and waffles from Belgium for breakfast! Since we usually go for least 5 days, we manage to hit most of the booths. We love the nitro frozen chocolate thingie, the Italian margarita, the poké and mai tai in
Hawaii.
Last year we went in late September into early October - the weather almost did me in. It was 95 degrees with a real feel of 105. So this year we’re back to November!!!

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I bet the grands are super excited!

Your F&W routine sounds perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!