Julie's Mic. Level

Dictator

Hail to the Redskins
I would like to preface this by stating I'm a big fan of the podcast but there is one thing that bugs me about it.
I listen to the podcast while I am working. The volume level will be fine, but then julie laughs and suddenly all my co-workers are staring at me wondering what it is I'm listening to.
does anybody else notice this?

I would like to preface this by stating I'm a big fan of the podcast but there is one thing that bugs me about it.
I listen to the podcast while I am working. The volume level will be fine, but then julie laughs and suddenly all my co-workers are staring at me wondering what it is I'm listening to.
does anybody else notice this?

It doesnt bug me but YES I do notice a huge difference when Julie is talking and esp when she is laughing how the volume level raises considerably

I guess I've never really noticed it because I'm usually laughing too!

I can't believe you brought this up!! I only started listening to the podcasts at work late last week (before that I just listened at home on my ipod), but I noticed the exact same thing!! It drives me crazy trying to find a 'happy medium' volume that won't disturb my co-workers, but enables me to still hear what's being said!! I thought it was just me! :)

I am so glad that someone mentioned this. When she talks it is fine but when she laughs, it is very loud!

Never noticed this :confused3 have to say Julie was on fire on the email show (8/1/08). Pete and co must have needed asbesto suits ;)

I actually mentioned this in a post a few weeks ago that was talking about some people having trouble with the sound. I don't have any trouble with the sound, except when she laughs and my eardrums burst. Maybe just back away from the mics a bit when you guys laugh?? I love the show!!! And I am laughing right along - as I turn down the volume. :rotfl:

I've never noticed before, and I would hate for Julie to feel self-conscious about her laugh. It's a wonderful laugh!

It certainly has nothing to do with her laugh - no one is saying that! It's simply an issue with the mics.

It certainly has nothing to do with her laugh - no one is saying that! It's simply an issue with the mics.

That's what I'm saying. I don't find her laugh annoying or anything like that. It might just be the proximity of the mic. I don't know. I just know its a lot louder than the volume of conversation at hand.
I hope she/they are not offended. That wasn't my intention.

I listen to a ton of podcasts and some have this problem and some don't. I don't know if there's some kind filter that keep the decibles at a limit or what. I've been listening to the DIS lately thru my computer without headphones so it hasn't been an issue. Good luck finding a solution.

Funny this came up.....I sometimes listen to the podcast on my little speaker system when giving DS his bottle. When Julie laughs, he stops feeding and smiles. I didn't notice a huge difference in the volume, I thought he just liked her laugh!

(He's moved on from Bob to Julie...which is good....I am not sure I want him to pick up any of Bob's pronunciations...although hopefully Merrick won't be trying to say Mo-gee-toe / Mojitos anytime soon!:rotfl: )

Julie's mic is the only one at the table without a pop guard (or whatever that cushy thing is called), so I am sure that's the cause. :mic:

Maybe Pete needs to stop giving away cruises so he can upgrade Julie's mic. ;)

Julie's mic is the only one at the table without a pop guard (or whatever that cushy thing is called), so I am sure that's the cause. :mic:

Maybe Pete needs to stop giving away cruises so he can upgrade Julie's mic. ;)

I think you can get them for about 30 bucks at most guitar shops. Called a pop filter. Also, you may be able to create a makeshift one with a coat hanger and a pair of pantyhose. You know, all MacGyver style. And then post pictures of Julie talking into the pantyhose mic, because frankly, thats a Photo Contest winner right there :)

-ExBellhop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter