July 2017 car rental thread

Hertz is down again. I'm at $251 all in for 16 days in July, for an intermediate, using the USAA rate. I think that is likely to be as good as it gets.

Hertz is down again. I'm at $251 all in for 16 days in July, for an intermediate, using the USAA rate. I think that is likely to be as good as it gets.
Thanks for posting.
Switched over to hertz with that rate, activated gold benefits & have extra driver!
Midsize $111 all in for a week

Do have to visit terminal since I had to sign back up again. Hope it goes faster than last time w Hotwire rental that took over an hr it was such a long line

I only need a car from 7/25-7/29; four days and no Saturday night stay-over means killer prices. I grabbed $196 for a standard-sized car through Alamo, months ago, even though it seemed expensive. Now I can't find anything reasonable for under $225. I'm glad I reserved when I had the $196, but it still seems expensive. I am going to try Alamo's last minute deals, or maybe bid on Priceline, just before we head to FL and see if something cheaper shows up.

rates dropped last week for alamo, but this week they are back up. We booked back in January - standard car, 11 days (7-11 to 7-22) for $28 a day. By february they were up to $40 a day and went as high as $60 a day. Last week they dropped to $39 and I was thinking we may be on the downward side and I might be able to improve on the $28 number.. but today they are back over $45.. last year we ended up $21 a day after starting at $25 for 6-22 to 7-3. Hopefully it will drop again, but doesn't look that way :(

I only need a car from 7/25-7/29; four days and no Saturday night stay-over means killer prices. I grabbed $196 for a standard-sized car through Alamo, months ago, even though it seemed expensive. Now I can't find anything reasonable for under $225. I'm glad I reserved when I had the $196, but it still seems expensive. I am going to try Alamo's last minute deals, or maybe bid on Priceline, just before we head to FL and see if something cheaper shows up.

Saw a Mid Size for $186 through Thrifty and carrentalsavers.com

I'm a week away and as always for me, the rates only continued to rise instead of drop. Glad I booked months ago because nothing comes close to what I have. Good luck to other July renters.

These rental cars are killing me....Taking the whole family on a trip July 24-31.....I need 3 rental cars......best I am seeing is $280 /wk with hertz. I wont take a shuttle to some rental car office off property. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I have rewards programs with several companies, have tried all sorts of codes....none seem to make a difference of more than $5 per rental.....I think MCO is killing these rental car companies with airport taxes. Please help!!!

maybe throw out a low bid on Priceline? I think most of their companies are onsite. The rates are horrible.

I am kicking myself. In past years (famous last words), my best rental rates were ALWAYS on Costco and within 2 weeks of my travel date. So this year, I didn't start looking for end of July until now. I'm completely overwhelmed at the prices I'm seeing. Never seen anything like it. Costco's rates are higher than what Budget has on their site. And, of course, I'm looking for a one-way rental from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale so the prices are about $200 higher. Yikes!

I only need a car from 7/25-7/29; four days and no Saturday night stay-over means killer prices. I grabbed $196 for a standard-sized car through Alamo, months ago, even though it seemed expensive.

I quoted myself as it's easier than re-typing the details. I now have an Alamo reservation for a mid-size for $183 and a Dollar reservation for a standard car for $166. Both prices include taxes. The only thing making me slightly nervous is the Dollar reservation was made through Priceline retail. I hope it all comes out OK. These prices are crazy. I'm going to keep trying to find something lower, but I'm not optimistic.

I quoted myself as it's easier than re-typing the details. I now have an Alamo reservation for a mid-size for $183 and a Dollar reservation for a standard car for $166. Both prices include taxes. The only thing making me slightly nervous is the Dollar reservation was made through Priceline retail. I hope it all comes out OK. These prices are crazy. I'm going to keep trying to find something lower, but I'm not optimistic.

Priceline are directly connected to the rental agency systems. You should have a Dollar confirmation number, you can go to Dollar.com and print out a copy of your reservation. You won't have any issues.

FINALLY! This is a last minute trip, only booked about 3 weeks ago and had almost given up hope on a decent rental car price. BUT, tonight I was able to book the Dollar Lock Low and Go rate of $112, $164 with taxes and fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter