*** July 2019 - Check In ***

BecAus

Mouseketeer
I'll start a thread for a check-in for those of us making a trip to DLR in July.

Let me know your check in and check out dates and where you are staying, if you'd like to share that info, and I'll add you to the list!

Dates of note in July:

Thursday July 4th Independence Day

Wednesday July 17th Disneyland's 64th Birthday
__________________________________________________________________________________________

--------------General Entry For Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Opens June 24-----------

UPDATE May 9 2019 - HOW TO GET INTO STAR WARS GALAXYS EDGE FROM JUNE 24
(courtesy of BadPinkTink)
    • Star Wars Galaxys Edge will open to ALL guests at general park opening hours
    • Once capacity has been reached, Disney will open the virtual queuing system
    • There are 2 ways to access the virtual queuing system A. By using the Disneyland App B. By using a Fastpass kiosk and obtaining a paper Boarding Group ticket
    • You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge
    • When you Boarding Time opens you will be alerted through the APP
    • If you are not using the APP and have obtained a paper Boarding Group ticket , you will need to check the Digital Display Monitors to see when your Boarding Group opens. There will be no return time on the paper Boarding Group ticket
    • Once your Boarding Group opens, you will have 2 hours to check into Star Wars Galaxys Edge. This means that if you get an alert that your Boarding Group can enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge, and you are in line at Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, you can still ride Radiator Springs Racers. You will have plenty of time to get back to Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
    • Once inside Star Wars Galaxys Edge, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE June 19 2019 - from Disney Parks Blog

Know Before You Go: Planning Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort Beginning June 24

Boarding Groups

For guests wishing to live out Star Wars adventures and access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge beginning June 24, Disneyland Resort may utilize a virtual queuing system, as needed, to help everyone have a great experience. Download the Disneyland app before arriving and check the app or signage the day of your visit to find out if you will need to be part of a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that day. The boarding group will save you a virtual spot in line so you can enjoy other experiences while you wait to be notified of a time to enter.*

You may use the Disneyland app to request to be part of a boarding group after entering Disneyland park, if implemented that day. Simply link the theme park tickets of everyone in your party together on the app to request the same boarding group for your entire party. To see which boarding group is currently being admitted to the land, look on the app or digital signage in the park.

If you enable push notifications on your mobile device, you will be notified when it is time to enter the land. If not, continue to check the Disneyland app or digital signage in the park, and enjoy other experiences, while awaiting your boarding group. You have up to two hours to enter the land after your boarding group is called for admission, so there is no rush!

For guests not using the Disneyland app, a boarding group may be obtained with a park admission ticket at select Disney FASTPASS Service locations such as Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or near the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Note: *Admission to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is subject to capacity and joining a boarding group does not guarantee entry.

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina

Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land, although reservations will be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. Guests wishing to book a reservation for these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina for important details.

Note: regarding reservations at Savi's and Oga's:

Savi's requires that you make a $199.99 non-refundable deposit. (This is the cost of the lightsaber). Cancellations are not allowed.
A valid accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. A $199.99 no-show fee per builder will be applied to such credit card if you fail to check in for your reservation.
This allows you the builder and 2 guests to enter.

Oga's requires a credit card guarantee much like other dining reservations. A valid credit card number is required at the time of booking.
A fee of $10 per person will be applied to that credit card if you fail to check in for your reservation. Cancellations are not allowed.
Reservation is a 45 minute window and you have a 2 drink max.

Last edited:
July 2019 Check In Dates:

katyringo Howard Johnson's Check In: July 1 Check Out: July 6

CaliforniaGirl09 Grand Californian Villas Check In: July 2 Check Out: July 4

DisneylandNerd Tropicana Inn & Suites Check In: July 2 Check Out: July 7

DLmama Desert Inn & Suites Check In: July 3 Check Out: Jul 7

cadien Paradise Pier Hotel Check In: July 5 Check Out: July 7

cdatkins Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 5 Check Out: July 14

Didi8367 Fairfield Inn Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 9

pld5 Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 9

Keri Barker Kings Inn Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 10

my2disneyboys Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 10

Auditor Hilton Anaheim / Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 14

taymaesmom BW Stovall's Inn Check In: July 7 Check Out: July 8

bandaidqueen Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 7 Check Out: July 12

BecAus Grand Californian Villas Check In: July 8 Check Out: July 11

(will come down from H/W and stay at D.I.& S the night before - July 7 - before early check in to GCV for EMH on Monday morning)

scottishgirl1 Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 9 Check Out: July 14

GenGen22 Delta Hotel Anaheim Garden Grove Check In: July 11 Check Out: July 14

jenbright Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Check In: July 11 Check Out: July 14

staceylacey1 Hilton Garden Inn Check In: July 12 Check Out: July 15

Jperiod Hampton Inn Garden Grove Check In: July 12 Check Out: July 17

LSK Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 13 Check Out: July 17

NovemberMom Candy Cane Inn Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 18

blueskymom Tropicana Inn & Suites Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 19

NZDisneyFanGirl14 Hotel Indigo Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 19

Goose&mavie Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 20

JenEMT ?? Majestic Garden Hotel Check In: July 16 Check Out: July 23

RWathen Howard Johnson's Check In: July 17 Check Out: July 20

hildyp BW Stovall's Inn Check In: July 17 Check Out: July 21

carnival kid Howard Johnson's Check In: July 17 Check Out: July 31

luulu1999 Castle Inn & Suites Check In: July 17 Check Out: July 26

CateinPhoenix BWPPI Check In: July 19 Check Out: July 23

mom2_3girls Huntington Beach 1 day visit - July 25

WillowHaven Hyatt Regency / CMTPE Check In: July 22 Check Out: July 30

Long Distance Dis Candy Cane Inn Check In: July 26 Check Out: July 30

Castillo Mom Grand Californian Villas Check In: July 26 Check Out: July 30

patriciaofoz Grand Legacy Check In: July 27 Check Out: July 29

Sjwillia Candy Cane Inn Check In: July 29th Check Out: Aug 5

MrsD.Duck Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 29 Check Out: Aug 3

(staying at Knotts Berry Farm night before - July 28)

NorthernCalMom Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 29 Check Out: Aug 4

TheZue Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 29 Check Out: Aug 4

Last edited:
I'll go first. My husband and I are coming from Australia and will be there July 8 - 11th staying at GCV. First time staying at Grand Californian and first time I've booked DVC renting points. A little nervous about it - feels like I don't have as much control over the reservation as I'm used to having.

Bought our 3 day hopper with MP included direct from Disney 9 months ago - I don't usually buy direct but just wanted to make sure it was all easy and straightforward given I knew SW:GE would have just opened (not that I've had any trouble before with other ticket options but just decided to make it super simple this time and have the tickets already purchased and in the app with MP included for all days)

This is my 8th time to DLR, first time it will be just my husband and me, normally we travel as a family (3 times) or I go with one or two of our boys. My 12 yr old and I were last there in Sept '17. We had intended to give it a break for a few years till the mayhem had settled down after travelling over at least once a year for the last few years since 2012.
However, my husband and I are doing a trip to Alaska / Canada for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and I couldn't be (anywhere) on the West Coast and not slip by Disneyland!
Luckily we are not SW fans so will probably give that area a big miss and just enjoy our favourites around the rest of the resort.

We will do WOC DP, Fantasmic BB Pkg and probably do WIWF Tour. Have done all before but really like doing them. My son and I did WIWF last time and visited Walt's Apartment.
My husband is not into 'Disney' as much as us but he does like the history of it all - we visited the Walt Disney Family Museum in SF in 2016 and he really enjoyed that so I think he would really like doing the tour. I'll check with him but most likely I will book to do that again.

Park days will be: Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. We are coming down on the Sunday night from Hollywood - we fly in Saturday night - thinking we might come down early enough to have dinner at DtD on Sunday night, perhaps Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen? Haven't eaten in DtD before but I've had a look at their menu and like the look of it.
I think we will have breakfast at Storytellers on the Thursday morning for a last little bit of Disney before heading to the airport mid to late morning to fly up to Seattle before embarking on our Alaskan cruise on Friday.

Last edited:
I am flying from Portland OR on July 29th with my DD, DSIL, and their 4 kids ages 22-12. We will be going to the parks with parkhoppers and maxpass on the 30th and 31st as well as Aug 1, 3 and 4 with the 2nd planned as a Universal Studios day. We want to do the Void on arrival day but not sure yet if we will do a paid meal WOC or Fantasmic show. I plan to watch all the parades and fireworks. Hoping we will get some time in SWGE but awaiting information on the process for getting in during July. My DD and family have not been to Disneyland in almost 9 years and we are all so very excited! We are staying in connecting premium rooms at the Candy Cane Inn.

My husband and I are flying out of Portland on Sunday July 28, doing one day/night at Knotts Berry Farm, dinner at medevil times, then off to the Grand Californian on Monday for 5 days and nights.this is our 7th stay at the grand we are celebrating our 30th anniversary there, did our honeymoon at the Tropicana. Made our reservations in September did a package this time and added maxpass. Hoping to do woc dessert party again and riverbelle terrace for fantasmic other than that it wil be our normal go with the flow. We have been enough times that we really know how to go with the flow.

Another Aussie Family here :tongue: in Anaheim 17th to 31st staying at Howard Johnson. We have the 10 day aussie park hopper and will be doing other things as well as Disney.

This is our 8th time to Disneyland (usually an annual trip). Will be me, hubby and 2 kids, daughter aged 8 years and son aged 6 years.:flower:

We recently impulse-booked for 4th of July weekend in order to see Galaxy's Edge. That puts us outside of the period that lets us into GE with a reservation but there just wasn't any time in June we could go. We are at the Paradise Pier Hotel July 5-7. DH is from around Pasadena (we now live in North Dakota; slightly different) and we'll be spending the actual 4th with his family.

Growing up in the area, DH has obviously been to Disneyland loads of times, although as a teen and young adult he preferred Six Flags. This will only be the second visit for DS7 (he'll be 8 by July) and I. Our other was also an impulse trip while we were visiting the in-laws for other reasons, on President's Day in 2017. That time we were just there for the day. Definitely not making that evening trek back the parking garage again. We bought park hopper tickets this time for maximum flexibility in avoiding the most crowded areas. We'll be fine with just going back to the hotel pool for part of the day if it comes to that though. Or Trader Sam's!

I also grew up on the west coast and it's so weird for us to have people always mean Orlando when they refer to Disney.

Thank you for starting this thread! I am one who asked about one, but I am too hit-or-miss on the board right now (due to the nature of my work) to start/maintain a thread. So, I appreciate you!

Anywho, myself, DH, DS, & DD will be there from (check in) July 6 to (check out) 9, staying at the Fairfield Inn. Additionally, 10 other members of my extended family will be there those same dates, staying at the Desert Inn & Suites. Not much time, but it's a quick stop off at Disney on our way to Maui for 9 days! We're SO excited!

We plan on going for one day, I'm thinking probably the 25th if my daughters softball team is out of the tournament by then. We are coming from MN and will be in Huntington Beach for the PGF National Softball Tournament that goes from 7/19-7/27. We are huge Disney fans and being that close we have to make a stop!! I wish we had more than 1 day to spend there, but her team has a bunch of things planned and we only have 1 "free" day and that is only if they are out by that time (my guess is they will). I plan on getting MaxPass for our family 4 (2 adults and 2 teens). I'm a little worried about crowds, but we will just have to make the best of it.

Hi! We're driving from NorCal, checking into the Desert Inn on 7/3 until 7/7. This will be our first time going over the 4th of July. Expecting crazy crowds, but we're APs and will just go with the flow. :goodvibes

I finally decided a couple of weeks ago that we will be going in July and booked the Delta Hotel Anaheim Garden Grove from 7/11-7/14.

We will be there July 17th thru 26th staying at Castle Inn and suites and it cant come fast enough!! It will be me and my 2 kids 10 and 11 driving from Missouri this will be our 4th trip to dl...still undecided about max pass i want it at least a few days for photopass super excited about star wars

We will be there July 5-14. Staying at the GCH. Will be travelling from Indianapolis, IN. It will be our first time at Disneyland since 2014 (entire family) and 2015 (me and my wife).

My daughter will turn 16 on July 7, and she wants to do Walk in Walt's Footsteps that morning, have dinner at the Napa Rose, and do the fireworks that evening. Sounds magical to me!

We will be there the 16th-23. Haven’t decided on a hotel yet. We have ressies at Majestic garden. Ideally I want to treat my son with an on site stay. We are celebrating several things! It will be a mom/son trip. He is graduating high school in June. He is leaving for Marine Corp boot camp end of August. Also, my birthday is July 17th, and his 18th birthday is July 18th. What better way to celebrate, then to share my birthday with Disneyland!

We'll be there July 12-17 (my birthday is 7-14!) at Hampton Inn Garden Grove on points. I bought 5 day park hoppers from LMT before the price increase and plan to upgrade to deluxe APs on the last day.

We'll be there July 12-17 (my birthday is 7-14!) at Hampton Inn Garden Grove on points. I bought 5 day park hoppers from LMT before the price increase and plan to upgrade to deluxe APs on the last day.
You should upgrade to an AP on your first day so, you can get an AP discount on food and merchandise. Well that is what I would do anyways. :flower1:

You should upgrade to an AP on your first day so, you can get an AP discount on food and merchandise. Well that is what I would do anyways. :flower1:

Then I won't be able to get back into Disneyland! :crazy2: Deluxe is blocked all summer. We had planned to get premier, but they raised the prices so much it's silly. But, I still wanted to go on my birthday, so this was the back up plan. :teeth:

Then I won't be able to get back into Disneyland! :crazy2: Deluxe is blocked all summer. We had planned to get premier, but they raised the prices so much it's silly. But, I still wanted to go on my birthday, so this was the back up plan. :teeth:
aaahhh that does make sense!:o

We check in to Disneyland Hotel 9th July til 14th July. Its my 50th on 12th July and we stayed there back in 2014 and loved it so much thats where I wanted to be for my 50th!! We are travelling from Ireland and visiting Burbank, San diego and Palm Springs before finishing at Disney! There are 5 of us and my middle child is 18 in June just before he sits his school leaving exams so he will be celebrating as well I imagine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!