*** July 2019 - Check In ***

Just booked Candy Cane Inn July 15th -18th. The family has not wanted to come to Disneyland since November 2015 because of the crowds but the kids asked to go this year. I didn't know I booked during Disneyland's 64th birthday :headache: It's probably going to be super crowded that day darn it. Oh well this is the only time in the summer we can squeeze a trip in.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 17th. It's not one of the 'majors', like say the 60th Birthday was. I don't think you'll notice a substantial increase of crowds that day at all.
If it's crowded, and it probably will be, it is going to be due to the new land - SW:GE opening rather than the birthday.
We are going at the start of the second week of July and luckily not interested in SW:GE at all. I am watching all the SW:GE info coming out with interest and will keep an eye on here through the month of June just to see how the resort is handling the expected crowds, DURING and AFTER the initial reservation period with a view to working out the best way to avoid most of the crowding if one is not there to see SW:GE.

I'm sure you guys will have a great trip. Luckily, because you're not going till mid July, you also will be able to see how things are going in the parks and plan accordingly.

We are going July 13th - 17th for my daughter's 16th birthday. My mom, me, & my daughter for a girls trip. First trip to Disneyland and while I feel like I know Disney World pretty well...Disneyland is very different! We are staying at Grand Californian. What are some great restaurants for a celebratory trip with 3 generations of ladies?

Also, we are heading to Angel Stadium the 15th as my daughter is a big Astros fan. I assume it will be easy to Uber?

I'm sure you guys will have a great time - we are staying at GCH for the first time and really looking forward to it!
I'm not an expert on the restaurants but a couple come to mind. Napa Rose at GCH gets recommended a lot. It is more on the high end / $$$ so may not be for you.

My son and I did the Afternoon Tea at Disneyland Hotel last time and that was really lovely and I personally would highly recommend that one. It does tend to book out so if you think you are interested I would make a reservation online soon after reservations open at the 60 day mark. You can always cancel the booking, minimum 24hrs ahead, if you decide not to do it.

We also like to eat at Blue Bayou in Disneyland - it is the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I like the atmosphere and ambience and we've not had a bad meal there. We usually do the Fantasmic booking which then gives you a fast pass into the prime viewing area to watch Fantasmic. They also give you a seat cushion which is great to sit on during the show and then take home as a souvenir.
Check-in a bit early and request a waterside table, well worth the wait. I usually prefer an evening booking, say around 5.30pm, and then watch the 9pm show.
Some prefer a lunch time booking and to pretty much guarantee a waterside table they will make the reservation for 11.30am and turn up a bit before and make that request.
I've never had trouble getting a waterside table at my 5.30pm reservation, you just have to be prepared to wait a bit, for me that's not been more than 20-30mins.
To get the prime time reservations you do need to book at the 60day day mark as those times usually go first. Again, you can cancel if you change your mind closer to.

Another thing we like to do is the Dessert Party to watch World of Color at DCA. It is pricey at $79/head but you get a seat for the show with a plate of desserts and a couple of drinks. It is a nice splurge that we like to do.

There are many more restaurant options as well but that's a couple that we like.

Yes, Uber should be easy to the Stadium. We did that to an Angel's game. I'm not sure about the return trip and how that works, hopefully someone else will know.
We caught the ART back and it was a bit of a pain and took forever to turn up and then dropped us a long way from our hotel but I'm sure that was because we didn't really know what we were doing. Uber back would definitely be easier.

Reactions: LSK
We will be there on July 7th for one day! Staying at Best Western Stovall's Inn. Wish we could stay longer or come on a much less busy day but it is our only chance this trip, squeezing it in between National Parks!

We will be there 15-19 July.
We are coming from New Zealand and this is our last stop on a 3 week trip.
We are doing a Disney Alaska cruise 1-8th July, then going to Toronto for a wedding, then flying into LAX.
Our daughter turns 2 while we are in Toronto and this will be her first Disneyland trip, so not sure how it will go with meeting characters (she will either love it or hate it).
We are staying at Hotel Indigo Anaheim. Planning on 3 park days with park hoppers, although didn't realise the 17th was Disneyland birthday. We have no interest in Star Wars but imagine its going to be busy, but since planned our trip around a wedding our dates are not flexible.

July 2019 Check In Dates:

DLmama Desert Inn & Suites Check In: July 3 Check Out: Jul 7

cadien
Paradise Pier Hotel Check In: July 5 Check Out: July 7

cdatkins Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 5 Check Out: July 14

Didi8367 Fairfield Inn Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 9

Keri Barker Kings Inn Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 10

Auditor Hilton Anaheim / Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 6 Check Out: July 14

taymaesmom BW Stovall's Inn Check In: July 7 Check Out: July 8

bandaidqueen Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 7 Check Out: July 12

BecAus Grand Californian Villas Check In: July 8 Check Out: July 11
(will come down from H/W and stay at D.I.& S the night before - July 7 - before early check in to GCV for EMH on Monday morning)

scottishgirl1 Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 9 Check Out: July 14

GenGen22 Delta Hotel Anaheim Garden Grove Check In: July 11 Check Out: July 14

Jperiod Hampton Inn Garden Grove Check In: July 12 Check Out: July 17

LSK Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 13 Check Out: July 17

NovemberMom Candy Cane Inn Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 18

blueskymom Tropicana Inn & Suites Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 19

NZDisneyFanGirl14 Hotel Indigo Check In: July 15 Check Out: July 19

JenEMT ?? Majestic Garden Hotel Check In: July 16 Check Out: July 23

carnival kid Howard Johnson's Check In: July 17 Check Out: July 31

luulu1999 Castle Inn & Suites Check In: July 17 Check Out: July 26

mom2_3girls Huntington Beach 1 day visit - July 25

WillowHaven Hyatt Regency / CMTPE Check In: July 22 Check Out: July 30

Long Distance Dis Candy Cane Inn Check In: July 26 Check Out: July 30

Castillo Mom Grand Californian Villas Check In: July 26 Check Out: July 30

Sjwillia
Candy Cane Inn Check In: July 29th Check Out: Aug 5

MrsD.Duck Grand Californian Hotel Check In: July 29 Check Out: Aug 3

(staying at Knotts Berry Farm night before - July 28)

NorthernCalMom Disneyland Hotel Check In: July 29 Check Out: Aug 4
Can you add us? Disneyland Hotel - Check in July 6 - Check Out July 10th

Hello! We will be braving the summer crowds with all of you. We arrive on July 17th and depart on the 21st staying at the Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn. I am going with my son and granddaughter. It's my 3rd time at Disneyland but their first. We are WDW AP holders. We plan to do the WOC dessert party. I'm super excited.

OK, I haven't seen one yet like ours....we have 4 x 4 day badges to San Diego Comicon! So excited. Then the last day of that is 7/21, we'll drive up to the Grand Californian for a 2 BR villa. We are DVC, which I will explain, makes it a little more stressful. We'll be there through 7/27 when we have a wedding. We got 5-day PHs because we wanted to do US as well. Our home resort is BLT so this is all a big change. No online-check in. No grocery delivery by Disney any longer. My DVC reservation number does not register on the DL website, so I can't do anything there! Called MS and they said the hotel won't even see us coming until that week. So no number exists that will work on the DL site. I linked the tickets into the app and can only book 1 dining ADR at a time starting today. I love DL but the lead-up is a little tougher if you're used to WDW. any tips?

OK, I haven't seen one yet like ours....we have 4 x 4 day badges to San Diego Comicon! So excited. Then the last day of that is 7/21, we'll drive up to the Grand Californian for a 2 BR villa. We are DVC, which I will explain, makes it a little more stressful. We'll be there through 7/27 when we have a wedding. We got 5-day PHs because we wanted to do US as well. Our home resort is BLT so this is all a big change. No online-check in. No grocery delivery by Disney any longer. My DVC reservation number does not register on the DL website, so I can't do anything there! Called MS and they said the hotel won't even see us coming until that week. So no number exists that will work on the DL site. I linked the tickets into the app and can only book 1 dining ADR at a time starting today. I love DL but the lead-up is a little tougher if you're used to WDW. any tips?
:laughing: Relax and enjoy the slower flow! As long as you see your reservation in your DVC account, it's there. Call member services and make a room location request now. Determine the most popular dining reservations you want, such as blue bayou, lamplight lounge, etc and book those 60 days out. You can make some dining plans for other days, but don't sweat it too much because you can easily change times as the date approaches. DLR is much less competitive. I'm pretty sure there are outside grocery delivery services too.

is there a July 2019 thread? If so I can’t find it..

Can anyone tell me about the 4th if July? It looks like they aren’t offering parade dinning packages that day. Will the parade be special? The Marine band? That would be amazing..

I went last year. I don’t remember if they did a special parade. I think it was just the Pixar play parade. Fireworks were specific to 4th of July.

Hello! We just booked July 1-5th!!

Hi - exciting to be booking an unexpected, last minute trip! I'll be there just after you on the 8th. It's going to be busy but I still think it'll be fun!
I've made a few of our bookings in the last week - WOC DP, BB Fantasmic, Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge. We're just 2 adults this trip though (for the first time), no kids : )

Where have you booked to stay (if you want to share that info) and I'll add you to the 'Check-In' list : )

Hi - exciting to be booking an unexpected, last minute trip! I'll be there just after you on the 8th. It's going to be busy but I still think it'll be fun!
I've made a few of our bookings in the last week - WOC DP, BB Fantasmic, Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge. We're just 2 adults this trip though (for the first time), no kids : )

Where have you booked to stay (if you want to share that info) and I'll add you to the 'Check-In' list : )

Del sol for us! Hojo is usually our place, but this being last minute we went cheaper and they have a veteran rate.

I was surprised to still soo so much hotel availability and dinning reservations available. We booked a WOC dessert party for the 2nd, and fantasmic on the go package for the 4th of July. We also got a lamplight reservation for the 1st.

Del sol for us! Hojo is usually our place, but this being last minute we went cheaper and they have a veteran rate.

I was surprised to still soo so much hotel availability and dinning reservations available. We booked a WOC dessert party for the 2nd, and fantasmic on the go package for the 4th of July. We also got a lamplight reservation for the 1st.

Your on - first on the list for July due to your 1st July check-in! If you get a chance to check in with us whilst you're there and let us know how it's going we'd love to hear - perfectly understandable if you're too busy enjoying your time there though - especially travelling with 2 small children!

Yes, I've read quite a few comments about people surprised at the availability of hotels/reservations for that time period. It's going to be very interesting to see how it all plays out with crowds etc... when we're there.
You've made some good plans there already in quick time from finding out about your surprise trip. I'm sure you'll have a ball : )

I received this email from Grand Legacy and thought I'd share it with those of you going in July. I've never stay here, but I'd be willing to try it for 50% off. I ran some sample dates, and saw rates as low as $79.

FLASH SALE! 50% OFF for the next 72 hours!
This Memorial Day Weekend, Grand Legacy At The Park wants to give back and honor all the hero's that have served in the United States Armed forces by offering EVERYONE a 50% OFF FLASH SALE special for stay dates of July 2019*

This sale is for new and direct bookings only and active for only 72 HOURS from May 24th 9 a.m. PST - May 27th 6 p.m. PST.

To book our 50% OFF Memorial Day Special, simply, find your stay dates on our booking page and select 'JULY' from the drop down menu.

For assistance, please contact one of our Reservation Agents at 714.772.0440

I received this email from Grand Legacy and thought I'd share it with those of you going in July. I've never stay here, but I'd be willing to try it for 50% off. I ran some sample dates, and saw rates as low as $79.

FLASH SALE! 50% OFF for the next 72 hours!
This Memorial Day Weekend, Grand Legacy At The Park wants to give back and honor all the hero's that have served in the United States Armed forces by offering EVERYONE a 50% OFF FLASH SALE special for stay dates of July 2019*

This sale is for new and direct bookings only and active for only 72 HOURS from May 24th 9 a.m. PST - May 27th 6 p.m. PST.

To book our 50% OFF Memorial Day Special, simply, find your stay dates on our booking page and select 'JULY' from the drop down menu.

For assistance, please contact one of our Reservation Agents at 714.772.0440

Thank you for posting! We were booked at the Desert Inn at a great rate and this still saved us $150! And it gives us an outdoor pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!