July 2019 for 1 night (advice please!)

natalieno

Earning My Ears
first time DLP trip :)

we are flying into France the second week of July and are hoping to spend one night at a Disneyland hotel to take advantage of EMH.

i know schools in multiple countries will be out on holiday by then PLUS it's the week preceding La Fete Nationale so i'm working on the assumption it will be completely packed. my questions are:

-is there a better day of the week to go then others? We arrive into Paris Sunday morning, and while I would like to go straight from the airport to Disney Studios, I would also like to not fight additional crowds if avoidable. it's a short flight so i'm not too concerned about jet lag, just crowd levels on Sunday and Monday. with the holidays plus museum closures, i worry that the crowd will be unbearable. our other option could be Tuesday night OR Wednesday night.

-when will they release tickets and park times for July?

-we have a large family (2 adults and four children ages 9,8,5,4). DC Ranch is most economical for us, but it's my understanding we would have to rent a car to stay here and the cost is unreasonable for a large car for one night. Newport is out of our budget. When I price Hotel Santa Fe on any other country site, they show availability for a family room, but it's more than double DCR's price. when I try to find it on DLP France site, it's not an option (no availability). also DCR's price is much cheaper on the French website than any other country's site.
long winded, but if i book a Hotel Santa Fe room, will they allow two extra kids to share existing beds? or will this be an issue with tickets and such?
i can book a room separately through Expedia, but i'd like to do a cost comparison if they would just release July tickets.

-are EMH truly advantageous? will we miss out by going a more economical route with a partner hotel or off site apartment rental?

sorry for all the questions. i'm not used to planning trips so far in advanced, normally i just roll with it, but this trip has me stressed with all the logistics and factors to consider

First tip: worrying and stressing gets you nowhere :) And asking questions does, ask all you want! (Don't be sorry)

You need a family room. For safety reasons it is not allowed to put 6 people in a room meant for 4 people.

Yes, EMH is very useful, especially in the week you are going, but if staying onsite is truly out of your budget, then it is what it is and you have to enjoy what you can do, not regret what you cannot have. You have to sacrifice something, either see where you can save some money before and after your trip to have a bigger budget, or sacrifice not being able to do all due to crowds and no EMH. (Which can be a challenge that week to begin with)

Going during the week, in that particular week is a slight improvement, as some of the French population will be at work. But with all the holidays in Europe it won't be huge.

Multiple day tickets you can buy in advance without giving a date. Only with one-day-tickets you have to select and for July should be released in a few weeks, opening hours 3 months in advance.

I would recommend Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid crowds as much as possible, but you will be going at peak time so will be busy whatever. Weekends should be avoided at all costs.

Have you looked at booking 2 rooms? Most hotels have connecting rooms.

How many days do you want in the parks? The packages for 1 night would include 2 days of tickets so if you only want one day then you could book on Expedia etc.

Extra magic hour will be useful but only certain rides are open so you might not be too worried. If you can’t afford onsite then arrive at the parks for around 9/9.15 to queue for entry. They let people in around 9.30 so you will be able to have a slight head start.

thank you so much for the kind words. i am only stressed because this is one night that's part of a larger European 2 month adventure. we are Disneyworld AP holders, so i know my boys will want to do certain things and preplanning certainly helps everyone get a little of what they want in the short amount of time :)

i can't book two rooms without calling (i haven't tried calling yet), but it looks to be just double the cost of one room, so unfortunately that's won't work for us.

ideally, we wanted to do Disney Studios in the late afternoon/evening on Sunday night (hoping crowds will lessen by then), then do Disneyland all day Monday with EMH. but keeping budget in mind, i think we might have to book room separately via Expedia and purchase one day tickets. again, i can switch the night for midweek, but i'm curious if crowds will actually be worse closer to La Fete Nationale

are mini/magic/super magic tickets typically available for July dates?

if i book a Disney hotel like Santa Fe separately via Expedia, will they still allow me to utilize EMH?

Yes however you book the room you are entitled to use EMH if staying in a disneyland hotel.

Although booking 2 rooms is more expensive remember you will also have 2 bathrooms which will also be useful getting ready in the morning.

Another hotel you could look at it Explorers - although this wont give you EMH the way the rooms are designed it gives the option of having a small 'crew' room added on sleeping 2 (bunkbeds) so this gives a room for 4 and a linked room for 2

Thanks for info....so Expedia bookings only get 1 day per night per person? Ie not the standard DLP tickets for departure day as well as.

Thanks for info....so Expedia bookings only get 1 day per night per person? Ie not the standard DLP tickets for departure day as well as.

Im confused about your question.
It depends what you have booked on Expedia. If you have booked a package then it should give tickets for every day including departure and arrival day .
However you can also book room only on Expedia with no tickets included. In this case you will need to book them separately so only book what you need - this is what the original poster was referring to

i messed up my post so did as reply below. sorry new to boards, not sure how to just delete

Im confused about your question.
It depends what you have booked on Expedia. If you have booked a package then it should give tickets for every day including departure and arrival day .
However you can also book room only on Expedia with no tickets included. In this case you will need to book them separately so only book what you need - this is what the original poster was referring to

Thank you for offering to help me..We booked option 2 in image .. however Expedia has no additional information on what kind of tickets we purchased. and after 4 unsuccessful calls to Expedia and 1 to DLP for someone to explain I'm really left wondering what the details of my tickets are. I just would feel better knowing we have legit tickets with 1 ticket per night per person before we showed up to hotel , we not going till summer so DLP said they dont get reservations info until 8 days before arrival
389776-9aba7d53bd7f7b51d42ee302a5b9a76b.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for offering to help me..We booked option 2 in image .. however Expedia has no additional information on what kind of tickets we purchased. and after 4 unsuccessful calls to Expedia and 1 to DLP for someone to explain I'm really left wondering what the details of my tickets are. I just would feel better knowing we have legit tickets with 1 ticket per night per person before we showed up to hotel , we not going till summer so DLP said they dont get reservations info until 8 days before arrival
Did you ever get an answer about your tickets? I'm thinking of booking on Hotels.com with tickets and am wondering the same thing. What kind of tickets? When do we get them?

Did you ever get an answer about your tickets? I'm thinking of booking on Hotels.com with tickets and am wondering the same thing. What kind of tickets? When do we get them?

No i never did get an answer , Im kinda just gonna hope for the best when i arrive that i do have tickets :)

No i never did get an answer , Im kinda just gonna hope for the best when i arrive that i do have tickets :)
I booked a room and tickets deal on hotels.com. I'm also just hoping for the best since there aren't any details about the tickets on the confirmation page. Cross fingers everything turns out OK. When are you going? We'll be there Aug 1-3.

I'm in the same spot, couldn't really get an answer from Expedia. Did you ever find out what the deal is with those tickets?

How'd you make out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!