JULY 2019 Rental Car

My Alamo dates are up today. I was able to shave $10 off earlier this week. Sitting at $480 for 18 days (standard). $400 was my goal...still hoping.

I currently have an Avis rental through BJs with $25 off $175 for July 15-21 (pick up Hilton Disney and drop off MCO) for $202. I also have a Hertz for about the same price but not returning to MCO (also through BJs), which I will be cancelling. I just need to verify that Avis will pick me up from POR. I'm hoping to get it down a bit, but if it doesn't drop, I'll be okay with the price. I was planning on just a 1 day rental to visit my grandmother, but since it was $50 for one day, I decided to check for a longer rental and am okay with the price :)

Alamo is showing some lower rates for my dates (7/1-7/5) today. Still a little higher than my Avis corporate rate. $174.87 for Standard with AP code and $25 off code. $137 for mid-size. I think I'll book the mid-size as a back up to my Avis.

Check your inbox for Alamos deal. It expires 7/7 so if you’re returning by then you may save. The coupon code is AD2863JMA

Up to $75 Off Base Rates
  • Offer valid at participating Alamo locations in the United States.
  • $10 Off base rate of $100, $15 Off base rate of $125, $25 Off base rate of $175, $75 Off base rate of $600.
  • Valid for rentals 5/22/2019 to 7/7/2019. Vehicle must be returned by 7/7/2019.

• Valid for rentals on any car size.

Interesting. I just used that code with the AP code and the rate for a midsize came back at $154.72. So less than the price with the specialty $25 off and AP code ($174.87) . Makes no sense, but it works for me. Booked the mid-size.

It is nuts how the prices for car rental changes overnight. I was able to get a premium car at Alamo for $295: 6/28 through 7/9. Used the $30 off code and the government leisure rate. Checked this morning and the same car is now $380. This has become a game for me!

My res 6/29 - 7/6, 8 days; just dropped with Alamo to lowest i’ve Found in at least a year...effectively for a week $155 for fullsize or $151 midsize :)

WDW APH + $30 coupon

Went with fullsize @ $177 (includes $20 for an extra day)

My Alamo dates are up today. I was able to shave $10 off earlier this week. Sitting at $480 for 18 days (standard). $400 was my goal...still hoping.
We're about the same as you. $483 for a standard car for 16 days. I would love to get that a bit lower as we have to convert that to CAD, which is more like $600+++

Not sure if others have ran into the same issue, but when I try to access my reservation that's using $30 off code AD8913MJR it comes back as not found. When I try to book a new reservation using that code it gives me an error "return date conflict with coupon". My return date is 7/20. I remember having this same issue last year and people were having difficulty canceling online since the reservation comes back as not found. I had to call Alamo directly to have it canceled last time. Looks like I'll be calling them again.

Not sure if others have ran into the same issue, but when I try to access my reservation that's using $30 off code AD8913MJR it comes back as not found. When I try to book a new reservation using that code it gives me an error "return date conflict with coupon". My return date is 7/20. I remember having this same issue last year and people were having difficulty canceling online since the reservation comes back as not found. I had to call Alamo directly to have it canceled last time. Looks like I'll be calling them again.

Same thing here. I called to cancel my luxury rental reservation, but kept my premium car reservation. I talked to a supervisor who told me that I should still be able to skip the counter. She confirmed the rate and also said she saw the coupon on my reservation. She emailed me my premium reservation with a online checkin link. She also told me that Alamo was going through a system update and the website system is different from the actual reservation system. We arrive next Friday and return the car on 7/9. Fingers crossed we don’t have to go stand in line....

I talked to a supervisor who told me that I should still be able to skip the counter. She confirmed the rate and also said she saw the coupon on my reservation. She emailed me my premium reservation with a online checkin link.

I am also having the same issue with my June rental. I sent them an email and was advised that the reservation still showed the lower price and they would honor it, but I would not be able to do online check in - stop at Kiosk or front desk. I suspect the Kiosk won't work either and the thought of standing in line at the desk has me actually rethinking my reservation - how bratty is that? I might call today and see if a Supervisor would email me the online check in link.

I am also having the same issue with my June rental. I sent them an email and was advised that the reservation still showed the lower price and they would honor it, but I would not be able to do online check in - stop at Kiosk or front desk. I suspect the Kiosk won't work either and the thought of standing in line at the desk has me actually rethinking my reservation - how bratty is that? I might call today and see if a Supervisor would email me the online check in link.

Not bratty at all! We arrive at 7:30 at night- this is a first for us- so I hope the lines aren't that long if we have to use the kiosk or stand in line. I needed a premium and also needed the rate to stay under $300. Was able to get a premium car for $295 for 12 days. I hope this isn't the best rate I will get, but I am happy with it should it be what it is.

I rebooked mine (APH) & down to $25 coupon, a couple of bucks cheaper too:).

Only problem is i have a couple i need to cancel and alamo’s Website won’t let me. Will try again before i leave though

I cancelled the reservations with the $30 off coupon and rebooked a premium for $4 less than the original reservation using the $25 off any vehicle code + Government rate (hubby is retired military) last night. Pretty happy with the price: $291 all in, 6/28 through 7/9. It pays to check every day (even a few times a day) because the rate for the premium is back up to $420 for the same dates. If the rate stays at $291 up until Friday, I am pretty happy with the rate!

I cancelled the reservations with the $30 off coupon and rebooked a premium for $4 less than the original reservation using the $25 off any vehicle code + Government rate (hubby is retired military) last night.

I have a reservation with that $30 coupon and I can't get into it to cancel. I called Alamo and they can't get in to it to cancel. I booked another with a $25 off coupon. It now shows both reservations when I go into the Alamo website. The Agent told me not to worry about the old one since it can't be accessed.

I have a reservation with that $30 coupon and I can't get into it to cancel. I called Alamo and they can't get in to it to cancel. I booked another with a $25 off coupon. It now shows both reservations when I go into the Alamo website. The Agent told me not to worry about the old one since it can't be accessed.

Use the automated cancellation option when you call Alamo. That's what I used and it no longer shows in my list of reservations.

Does anyone know if you rent a mid-size car at National, if that get's you to choose from the Emerald Aisle. I was thinking I may set up reservation for the Emerald Aisle, and then check what is on the aisle, if there is anything large enough for my needs I will take that and cancel my other reservation, if not, I will cancel the National reservation and walk over to my other choice Budget/Fastbreak. Also any codes lately that would work for National. Final question, does Alamo do the same? If you book a Mid-size is there an aisle where there is (sometimes) vehicles larger than a midsize like a 7 passenger SUV or Minivan?

I’m having the same issue not being able to check in or pull up my reservation. I booked via Priceline and I’m holding out. I called Alamo twice and spoke to a supervisor who wasn’t very helpful. I later spoke to an agent who said she can see my reservation and the price will be honored. I’m 12 days out from picking up the car and just hoping it works out at the counter.

Hi All,
I'm hoping to get some help...our trip is July 13-20th. Alamo is who we only ever rent through but it is crazy even with any coupon/code combo. We belong to a Credit Union and I have CU rewards points from using our Visa Debit Card which I typically use for Disney gift cards (7700 points = $50 GC). I can apply my points (9424) and get an Intermediate with Hertz for $129.26 total for the week. Looking on Hertz website it would be $380.09. So, it sounds pretty good to me. I could apply my points and it would cost $212.06 for a Compact through Alamo, so still crazy expensive. I am just petrified as we have never rented through Hertz because I am a creature of habit and fear the unknown!

Can anyone give any insight on Hertz?

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter