**July 2020**

Planning on heading back in July for the 3rd year in a row! No teachers in this household, but DH is a speech pathologist who works in schools, so it’s the same limitations. Right now we’re planning on being there July 3-12 with a split between Poly and Beach Club if we can swing it. It may not be possible, but it’s our dream split so we’re going to try it. The trip will for sure be a split stay no matter what, as that’s the only way we do things. Looking forward to planning with you all!

We did a BC-CR split a few years ago. It was great! We did AK on our transition day because it was going to be a bus ride from either, but tried to do most of our HS/EP stuff during the BC portion and MK with CR.

July 14-20th at Gran Destino Tower- Club Level for part one of our honeymoon! Then our first time on the Disney Cruise line on the 20th!

We stayed in the Tower in August (right after/during the power outages) - it was AMAZING. If the rooms had balconies, I think it would be my favorite resort! My family was very impressed - especially that it's still considered a moderate!

JetBlue fares are open for summer. Just booked our flights... at least our flight down. Still deciding what we're doing to fly home.

Officially joining in here!

We just switched from BLT to a 2-bedroom at the BCV July 1-July 8th and I am super excited!

I’ve never been in July but with the kids getting older, it’s harder and harder to nail down dates that everyone is available. This is what works. Plus, I’ve always wanted to see the MK fireworks on 7/4 so I’m really excited about that!

Almost ready for ADR day!

Late to join, but we are going June 29 to July 5. Staying at the Caribbean Beach resort. Really nervous about July 4th crowds. We are going with my daughter's dance team so we didn't get a choice of dates. Pretty stressed about figuring out ADRs.

Just about a month til ADR time. Starting to think about a rough plan... of course, all of this hinges on park hours which we may or may not know until July :)

7/22 arrival - flight lands 6pm-ish. Park that night depends on what's open latest and when/where our friend we're meeting at Disney will be. We have APs, so if MK is open late we could get in a few Fast Passes.
7/23 - fingers crossed for EMM at MK which would be breakfast and hitting most of our favorites (will TRON be open??? if so, FP or rope drop for TRON). Depending on FP/TRON/EMM, back to AKL for the afternoon, swim & relax then AK or HS that night. Dinner ADR Y&Y or Woody's Backyard BBQ?
7/24 - RD HS if needed for Rise of the Resistance & Mickey's Runaway. Lunch at Space 220? Epcot for Ratatouille???? 8pm Dinner at Boma with family arriving for cruise.
7/25 - Mara breakfast in our villa with family, DCL pick-up midday.
8/1 - Return to GF, 1900 or 'Ohana with family if they want to come, whatever park stuff we didn't get done before cruise (but we'll be tired from early am wake-up for disembarkation). Watch Water Parade from our balcony!!!

So basically, 100% of my plans depend on rides & restaurants that are only projected openings or we don't know the plan yet! I need a LOT of info to come out in the next month!

Ok so over a week later and I actually updated roll call. I am deep in the Christmas chaos and am looking forward to winter break so I can obsess over my July plans, hopefully nail some more plans down before ADR day!

Just about a month til ADR time. Starting to think about a rough plan... of course, all of this hinges on park hours which we may or may not know until July :)

7/22 arrival - flight lands 6pm-ish. Park that night depends on what's open latest and when/where our friend we're meeting at Disney will be. We have APs, so if MK is open late we could get in a few Fast Passes.
7/23 - fingers crossed for EMM at MK which would be breakfast and hitting most of our favorites (will TRON be open??? if so, FP or rope drop for TRON). Depending on FP/TRON/EMM, back to AKL for the afternoon, swim & relax then AK or HS that night. Dinner ADR Y&Y or Woody's Backyard BBQ?
7/24 - RD HS if needed for Rise of the Resistance & Mickey's Runaway. Lunch at Space 220? Epcot for Ratatouille???? 8pm Dinner at Boma with family arriving for cruise.
7/25 - Mara breakfast in our villa with family, DCL pick-up midday.
8/1 - Return to GF, 1900 or 'Ohana with family if they want to come, whatever park stuff we didn't get done before cruise (but we'll be tired from early am wake-up for disembarkation). Watch Water Parade from our balcony!!!

So basically, 100% of my plans depend on rides & restaurants that are only projected openings or we don't know the plan yet! I need a LOT of info to come out in the next month!
So hard to plan when you are waiting on info. I guess all you can do is book for what is open now, and switch it up when new things actually have firm opening dates. I kept holding out for Space220 on my Jan trip, but was glad I had something booked elsewhere since the opening was pushed back.

I have switched my ADR goals for this trip around at least ten times. I figure I will just pester everyone when they are home from school for the week.

Ok so over a week later and I actually updated roll call. I am deep in the Christmas chaos and am looking forward to winter break so I can obsess over my July plans, hopefully nail some more plans down before ADR day!

So hard to plan when you are waiting on info. I guess all you can do is book for what is open now, and switch it up when new things actually have firm opening dates. I kept holding out for Space220 on my Jan trip, but was glad I had something booked elsewhere since the opening was pushed back.

I have switched my ADR goals for this trip around at least ten times. I figure I will just pester everyone when they are home from school for the week.

I'm hoping for Space 220 for March first... but if not, I had better be able to get in in July! So much of planning revolves around where to eat! :D

Hi! We are going July 27-Aug 2 then going to universal for 3 nights. I keep reading threads that say don't ever go in summer because of the heat and humidity and then I get nervous that the trip is going to stink. We've been in June before and didn't completely melt so I hope we will be OK. We've only done November since that June trip and last year was hot even in November. But with new attendance policies for the teachers in my county and 1 kid in high school, I just don't think missing school will work for us anymore.

So I'll follow along with this group to stay excited for our summer trip!

We've already booked CBR and I can't wait to try the skyliner. I booked our flights on points when SW released. Then changed our arrival flight a couple days ago to an earlier time that I didn't have enough points for on release day. So glad I caught that price drop!

Haven't booked our reservation just yet, but planning on going with DD (20) around July 18 for about a week. Probably stay at our usual SSR. May sneak in a couple of days at Universal too. Last year we went in August and got annual passes so want to get in a final trip before they expire on August 3.

We are going over the 4th of July. What is the likelihood of them doing the MK 4th of July fireworks on July 3rd? Looking to book a dessert party for fireworks but feel it would be less crowded on the 3rd.

Hi all! We’ll be at Poly (first time renting dvc points) July 7-12. We’ve done July or August for the past two years (another teacher!) so I’m prepared for how hot it’s going to be but I’ve never gone this close to the 4th so I’m hoping crowds aren’t awful. I talked DH into this trip because he loves Star Wars so I’ll be stalking threads about how to get us on ROTR. After booking hotel and getting park tickets (plane tickets were on points) I’m already about to bust my budget so we’ll be eating very frugally! I’m traveling with DH, DD 6 and DS 10 (it HURT to buy him an adult ticket!) and our dear family friend. My mom got my friend and I tix for villains after hours on July 10 so I’m really psyched for that. Looking forward to planning with all of you!

We are going over the 4th of July. What is the likelihood of them doing the MK 4th of July fireworks on July 3rd? Looking to book a dessert party for fireworks but feel it would be less crowded on the 3rd.
Seems like it is pretty consistent that they do them the 3rd as well :)

Hi all! We’ll be at Poly (first time renting dvc points) July 7-12. We’ve done July or August for the past two years (another teacher!) so I’m prepared for how hot it’s going to be but I’ve never gone this close to the 4th so I’m hoping crowds aren’t awful. I talked DH into this trip because he loves Star Wars so I’ll be stalking threads about how to get us on ROTR. After booking hotel and getting park tickets (plane tickets were on points) I’m already about to bust my budget so we’ll be eating very frugally! I’m traveling with DH, DD 6 and DS 10 (it HURT to buy him an adult ticket!) and our dear family friend. My mom got my friend and I tix for villains after hours on July 10 so I’m really psyched for that. Looking forward to planning with all of you!
Welcome! Did you check out Galaxy Edge last trip?

1 to 17 July Yacht Club.
Edited with new dates!

Last edited:
January 5th I make my ADRs and I think I finally have everything all set. I am planning things differently this trip and have us all going together for one half of the day and going in groups for the other half. I am hoping this lets us all explore what is most important to us. And sometimes it's fun to break into groups when you are in a large family.

So since typing everyone's plans would be ridiculous I am just going to type mine ;)

July 4th -
Arrive at MCO 10:30ish
Hang out at Pop, order pizza for lunch, walk to Art of Animation for dinner. Maybe head to water park for a little while - does the water park get crazy on the 4th?

July 5th -
Head to EPCOT with my Soarin' obsessed 4 year old in the AM. Trying Garden Grill with her for the first time.
Meetup with everyone at MK in the evening to celebrate my son turning 18 :oops: I had mentioned maybe going to the Plaza for his bday but the reactions were pretty 'meh' from the family. Only dining I am not sure of yet.

July 6th -
EPCOT for everyone in the morning, with lunch at Biergarten. In the evening the girls all head to MK.

July 7th -
DHS for everyone in the morning with lunch at SciFi. Evening is date night at EPCOT :thumbsup2 Going to try Rose and Crown (I have been, DH has not)

July 8th -
Sleep in (haha yeah right, maybe some of the kids and DH will but I cannot sleep on vaca. ). Lunch at the Edison. Water park in the early evening.

July 9th -
AK in the morning for the whole crew. In the evening DH and our youngest split off and the rest of us head to MK.

July 10th -
Early risers head to MK, Everyone will spend the evening in AK so I can watch RoL and cry about how vacation is over lol

July 11th - Homecomin' Brunch then tragical express around 4.

I am going to get the TIW card during my Jan trip so I hope to get some use out of it on our July trip. With a large family I love that it includes up to 10 people! Hoping to use it at the QS locations that accept it in AK and at Pop and AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!