**July 2020**

Wow! We currently have reservations starting on July 16th! We are trying to decide what to do (as we have two reservations in July with DVC).

So much to think about...

Our reservations start on July 12. We are definitely going, especially since they are putting a hold on new reservations during this time. We are DVC members, and by the looks of the website they have taken rooms out of availability as well.

We are booked July 13-17, and we're definitely still going. It's a girls trip with frequent Disney goers, so we don't feel like the lack of parades or fireworks will break it for us, but I can absolutely understand those who feel that way, especially if it's a once in 5 years or once a year trip. I'm actually kind of excited, just because A) I'm ready to go literally anywhere at this point that's not my house or work, and B) a slower Disney trip with more resort time might actually be REALLY NICE!

I am also happy that there will not be any parades. Keeps me out of the “stroller derby” when parades and fireworks are over

I booked July 19-25 at Pop as soon as they announced the opening date. We were booked for early August but am hoping for lower crowds is we go as soon as they open. I’m anxious to hear more about the park reservation system!

In the same boat... half (or less) experience for the same price? I’ll cancel. I’m just going to wait a week or two since I assume the call center will be mobbed and I can’t cancel online.
I was able to cancel online and got the confirmation screen that it processed. My reservation is gone from MDE. However, have not received a cancellation email yet and no refund on my CC....we'll see how long that takes.

I was able to cancel online and got the confirmation screen that it processed. My reservation is gone from MDE. However, have not received a cancellation email yet and no refund on my CC....we'll see how long that takes.
Yeah, I get the loading page of heck any time I go online. I just remember from before that for whatever reason the button to cancel the reservation was not there- it said to call to do it. I figured it was because it was part of the rebook deal. And I just hoped I wouldn’t have to cancel. 🙁

I booked July 19-25 at Pop as soon as they announced the opening date. We were booked for early August but am hoping for lower crowds is we go as soon as they open. I’m anxious to hear more about the park reservation system!
Same dates! Same resort! I am going to start looking for a cooling type gaiter to wear. Mask, sunscreen, cooling all in one??? :)

Same dates! Same resort! I am going to start looking for a cooling type gaiter to wear. Mask, sunscreen, cooling all in one??? :)
I don’t think you can wear gaiters, you have to wear one that ties or has elastic around the ears, it says in their publication today.

Last edited:
The new park hours are out for July and it's not great, but not all that unexpected given what Universal is doing.

It looks like the new hours for July:
Magic Kingdom: 9-7 pm
Epcot: 11 am - 9 pm
Hollywood Studios: 10 am - 8 pm
Animal Kingdom: 8 am - 6 pm

Obviously they're subject to change and extra magic hours are still listed.

Edit: It's on the "park hours," but my Disney Magical Express plans haven't been impacted yet. Kind of confusing.

In late-April, I called and cancelled our July trip over the phone. My reservation and tickets are still showing in MDE. Will those eventually disappear? I received my full refunds for our Poly stay, tickets, and EMM less than 24 hours after the phonecall. :confused:

In late-April, I called and cancelled our July trip over the phone. My reservation and tickets are still showing in MDE. Will those eventually disappear? I received my full refunds for our Poly stay, tickets, and EMM less than 24 hours after the phonecall. :confused:
Weird. I cancelled early May and they are no longer there I did reschedule a trip though so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

My work decided to lighten up on allowing vacations in July so my time off was reinstated. With the announcement from Disney today we are officially back on! Now at Boardwalk Inn 7/25-7/28 and Yacht Club 7/28-8/3.

Well our first reservation was July 3-11th so that's not happening. But I've had a back up July 24-31st and as along as the reservation system doesn't suck we'll still go. We are fine with no parades/fireworks/characters and I think it'll be neat to be there so close after opening.

DIS meet may actually be back on! Of course we won't be able to stand closer than 6 ft to each other or actually be able to see each other's faces due to masks. :rotfl:

I just talked to a CM and fellow Alaskan which was nice :) I’m on the fence because water parks are a big part of our Disney trip, and she said as it stands now water parks aren’t open but that may change in the next 3 weeks as they watch the other water parks that are opening next week and meet with the governor. I’m going to hold tight and hope for some magic:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter