🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

OlliePop27

Mouseketeer
I didn't see a July thread, so will get one started. I may not be able to update daily, but will try to update a few times per week.

Please post your dates, hotel, and any July info you have to share!

Post 2 contains info about July events, entertainment, attraction closures and more as official news is posted.

Post 3 contains the July check-ins as posted.

Last edited:
Historic July Park Hours - Unofficial - Will update when official hours are posted

Disneyland: 8:00 am - Midnight daily
California Adventure: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm daily

Events & Entertainment
Pixar Fest:
All month of July - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/es-us/events-tours/pixar-fest/
Pixar Fest Foodie Guide: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ts-pixar-fest-foodie-guide-starting-april-26/
Pixar Fest Special Entertainment:
--Together Forever, A Nightime Pixar Spectacular at Disneyland Park (Fireworks)
  • Unofficial daily time 9:30 pm
--Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration at California Adventure (Daytime parade)
  • Unofficial daily time 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm
--Club Pixar at California Adventure (Music and dancing)
  • Unofficial daily time 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
--Pixar Pals Playtime Party at Fantasyland Theater at Disneyland Park
  • Unofficial daily time 11:30 am - 5:30 pm
Additional Entertainment (non-Pixar Fest):
--Magic Happens at Disneyland Park (Daytime parade)
  • Unofficial daily times 3:00 pm and 5:30 pm
--Fantasmic! at Disneyland Park
  • Unofficial daily times 9:00 pm and 10:30 pm
--World of Color One at California Adventure
  • Unofficial daily times 9:00 pm and 10:15 pm
--Fire of the Rising Moons (Fireworks from Galaxy's Edge)
  • Unofficial daily time 9:30 pm
Special Events (Non-Pixar Fest)
--Independence Day - July 4th at Disneyland Resort
  • Will add special entertainment once official
  • Hstoric entertainment includes
    • Marine Band at flag retreat at Disneyland Park
    • Celebrate America Fireworks at Disneyland Park
    • July 4th tag before World of Color at California Adventure
--Disneyland's 69th birthday - July 17th
  • Historic entertainment includes a parade or cavalcade - unofficial so will post info once it becomes available
Attraction Closures - All speculation at this point, nothing is yet confirmed - will update when official announcements made
Haunted Mansion: Closed in January 2024. Reopening date unknown.
Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Opening date late 2024.
Winnie the Pooh: Closing May 1st. Reopening date unknown.
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Has been in extended closure and still scheduled for closure as of early June. Reopening date unknown.

Last edited:
JULY CHECK-INS

OlliePop27: July 2-7 - Tropicana Inn & Suites
BriannaRuth: July 18-24 - Disneyland Hotel
KPeterso: July 17-19 - Villas at Grand Californian Hotel
Disny_Luvr: June 30-July 4 - Candy Cane Inn
matthewthompson87: First week of July
Carrieannew: July 5-13 - Disneyland Hotel
imp&pixie: July 17-20 - Desert Inn & Suites
CrazDisMom: July 16-23 - Westin

Last edited:

Thanks for starting this thread!

July 18-24, staying at the DLH! I'm excited to try some of the new menu items for Pixar Fest.

Hello!

Thank you for starting this thread.

We will be at Disneyland from June 30-July 4, staying at the Candy Cane Inn. This is our first trip to Disneyland and we are so excited! We'll be celebrating our twin sons' graduation from high school. We are coming from PA and will be in California for two weeks. I've been planning this trip for almost two years and it is hard to believe it's just a little over two months away. I look forward to planning along with all the other July visitors. :)

Hello!

Thank you for starting this thread.

We will be at Disneyland from June 30-July 4, staying at the Candy Cane Inn. This is our first trip to Disneyland and we are so excited! We'll be celebrating our twin sons' graduation from high school. We are coming from PA and will be in California for two weeks. I've been planning this trip for almost two years and it is hard to believe it's just a little over two months away. I look forward to planning along with all the other July visitors. :)
Welcome! Your family will have any amazing time. The weather that time of year is usually great. No humidity or rain to worry about in SoCal in July. I personally think July is the best month to visit Disneyland! :-)

Welcome! Your family will have any amazing time. The weather that time of year is usually great. No humidity or rain to worry about in SoCal in July. I personally think July is the best month to visit Disneyland! :-)
That’s good to know about the weather. It sounds like we picked a good month! We usually go to Disney World in the summer and I’m so looking forward to no humidity.

Do any of you seasoned Disneyland visitors have a restaurant you love that you think we should eat at? We are trying to decide if we want to take the time for a sit down meal or eat quick service while we’re there. We only have three park days and aren’t sure if we want to give up park time for a sit down meal, but will if there is a can’t miss restaurant. We get breakfast at our hotel, so we plan on only eating lunch and dinner in the parks.

Do any of you seasoned Disneyland visitors have a restaurant you love that you think we should eat at? We are trying to decide if we want to take the time for a sit down meal or eat quick service while we’re there. We only have three park days and aren’t sure if we want to give up park time for a sit down meal, but will if there is a can’t miss restaurant. We get breakfast at our hotel, so we plan on only eating lunch and dinner in the parks.
I will not be much help. My family is not big on table service because we don't like to take that much park time away.

Disneyland in general does not have that much table service compared to WDW. There is a lot of table service in Downtown Disney and at the hotels, all of which is very close. There's also lots of great quick options on Harbor like Panera, McDonald's, IHOP, etc. DL does have tons of really great quick service.

I know Blue Bayou is very popular, but a lot of people are mixed about the actual food. Many people like Lamplight Lounge too. Character meals at Storytellers Cafe and Goofy’s Kitchen are great. I'm sure someone else with chime in with better info.

I will not be much help. My family is not big on table service because we don't like to take that much park time away.

Disneyland in general does not have that much table service compared to WDW. There is a lot of table service in Downtown Disney and at the hotels, all of which is very close. There's also lots of great quick options on Harbor like Panera, McDonald's, IHOP, etc. DL does have tons of really great quick service.

I know Blue Bayou is very popular, but a lot of people are mixed about the actual food. Many people like Lamplight Lounge too. Character meals at Storytellers Cafe and Goofy’s Kitchen are great. I'm sure someone else with chime in with better info.

We are the same way about not wanting to waste park time to sit down and eat, even at Disney World. I’ve read a lot about Blue Bayou but there really isn’t any food there that interests any of us.

Any suggestions for quick service? I know we want to get the fried chicken. The name of the restaurant is alluding me, but it’s in Disneyland kind of near the end of Main Street. Other than that we are open to suggestions.

We are the same way about not wanting to waste park time to sit down and eat, even at Disney World. I’ve read a lot about Blue Bayou but there really isn’t any food there that interests any of us.

Any suggestions for quick service? I know we want to get the fried chicken. The name of the restaurant is alluding me, but it’s in Disneyland kind of near the end of Main Street. Other than that we are open to suggestions.
You're probably thinking of Plaza Inn or Carnation Cafe. The corn dog stand on main street is great. Bengal Barbeque, Tropical Hideaway, Rancho del Zocalo, Hungry Bear, the entire San Fransokyo Square area, Paradise Garden area, and Cozy Cones.

We usually eat breakfast at the hotel, pack snacks and lunch, then eat either have a quick dinner on Harbor or delivered to the room before we go back to the parks in the evening. We always do a midday break. We also come from Central time, so dinner is at 4 for us in CA. It helps us eat when others aren't, and rides when people are eating! Since we have littles, we typically do a character meal. Mornings at DL are magical coming from eastern parts of the country - we're already wide awake.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the suggestions! I appreciate it! I’m thinking of the Plaza Inn.

You made a good point about grabbing something on Harbor to eat if we take a midday break. I’m not sure if we’ll leave the parks in the afternoons, but if we do, we could eat offsite and save money, too. I can’t believe I never thought of that.

Most of the restaurants that I like, I like because of the atmosphere. You can get great food outside of Disneyland, but you can't get the atmosphere at the DL restaurants anywhere but DL.

The one restaurant we never miss is Blue Bayou. I personally prefer Carnation Cafe to Plaza Inn because I like the ambience of the outdoor seating there. Also like River Belle Terrace for the view and Cafe Orleans has fun entertainment (Dixieland Jazz Band), although I've seen reports that some of the view in this area (New Orleans Square) is being obstructed by long lines for Pirates. Lamplight Lounge is my favorite in DCA, again because of the atmosphere more than the food, but I've had some good food there. Tends to be hit and miss.

Most of the restaurants that I like, I like because of the atmosphere. You can get great food outside of Disneyland, but you can't get the atmosphere at the DL restaurants anywhere but DL.

The one restaurant we never miss is Blue Bayou. I personally prefer Carnation Cafe to Plaza Inn because I like the ambience of the outdoor seating there. Also like River Belle Terrace for the view and Cafe Orleans has fun entertainment (Dixieland Jazz Band), although I've seen reports that some of the view in this area (New Orleans Square) is being obstructed by long lines for Pirates. Lamplight Lounge is my favorite in DCA, again because of the atmosphere more than the food, but I've had some good food there. Tends to be hit and miss.
Does the Carnation Cafe also sell the fried chicken?

They have chicken-fried chicken, so it's a little different--southern-style with gravy. They serve it with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. But it's crispy and we like it. You can get the gravy on the side.

A reminder to all July folks, the 60-day dining reservations window for July 1st opens on May 2nd! Each subsequent day of July will open each day moving forward (May 3rd for July 2nd, May 4th for July 3rd, etc.).

We should start to get a better idea of what's going on with Fantasmic! dining soon. Still no word for the folks visiting in late-May when it first re-opens. I will update this thread with Fantasmic! dining info when it becomes available.

Separately, I have seen others posting about a possible dining package for the new Pixar parade in DCA. Will post more info when it becomes available. My initial thought is that I don't see the value in a DCA parade dining package. DCA has the longest parade route of any Disney park in the world. In the past it's been very easy to find a decent spot without waiting long. It looks like they will be running two parades per day, which should make it even easier.

I didn't see a July thread, so will get one started. I may not be able to update daily, but will try to update a few times per week.

Please post your dates, hotel, and any July info you have to share!

Post 2 contains info about July events, entertainment, attraction closures and more as official news is posted.

Post 3 contains the July check-ins as posted.
Thanks for making this thread. Checking in July 5th to July 13th. First time ever visiting DL. Been to DW many times former AP holder. We will be staying at Disneyland Hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter