July 3/4 2020 MK Fireworks Dessert Parties - Watch Thread - UPDATE: NOW OPEN!!!

We did it last year, on the 4th, and it was very much a mess. It was extremely hard for the CMs to navigate the crowds. They weren't letting anyone else through the area because it was just so packed, but they tried to go with us and that was rough also. Obviously we made it but if one is claustrophobic at all, it can be a little bit of a panic (as it was for me). Once in the area was fine with plenty of room, but getting there was not easy.
We did it last year, on the 4th, and it was very much a mess. It was extremely hard for the CMs to navigate the crowds. They weren't letting anyone else through the area because it was just so packed, but they tried to go with us and that was rough also. Obviously we made it but if one is claustrophobic at all, it can be a little bit of a panic (as it was for me). Once in the area was fine with plenty of room, but getting there was not easy.

Did you do desserts before or after the fireworks? We’re trying to decide which to book for the 3rd.

Got Terrace for the 3rd! Thank you!!!! Of course now I'm second-guessing! Should I have booked plaza garden instead? We did the terrace party in 2017 and loved it so I went for that again. Thanks!
Did you do desserts before or after the fireworks? We’re trying to decide which to book for the 3rd.

There are no right or wrong answers. I debated on this as well and weighed the pros and cons of each:

Terrace Pros:
~Seats-this is a big one!
~Covered (in case of rain)
~Less hectic-not trying to cross crowds to get to garden
~Less rushed-the last time we did the Garden (for HEA), I felt rushed to eat quick and get out to reserve a good spot
~Tinkerbell flies right over your head

Terrace Cons:
~Not as great a view of the fireworks
~More expensive

Garden Plaza Pros:
~Better view
~Less expensive

Garden Cons:
~More crowded
~Standing to watch the fireworks
~Not covered if it's raining
~More rushed to eat and head out to get a spot

If anyone has any pros and cons they'd like to add, I'd love to hear them!

For us, I'd rather sacrifice a little of the view and sit on the Terrace.

We are booked for After and I'm starting to get nervous about navigating to the dessert party from the garden, especially with a 4 y/o. We've done both dessert parties before, granted not on a holiday, and truly loved After more which is why I went with that one. I considered Terrace, but just didn't want to sacrifice the view. I guess it is what it is at this point as I'm sure it will be fun no matter what! 🤣

So torn... need people who have experienced both to help me:). We currently have an ohana at 5:15 on July 3 and planned on watching from the beach. All say the view there is great since they launch from the lagoon. But what will we miss? Castle projections?

DH said no to dessert party but I just booked one anyways - LOL. Give me some good reasons why this would be better than Ohana and watching from poly beach. We would probably still do ohana and then head over the MK for the dessert party. Would we be let in if closed to capacity? I know there are different levels of closure.

Also, I booked the after one that shows 8:15 on reservation. Does that mean I check in at 8:15 or 7:15? Not sure what time fireworks are.

So torn... need people who have experienced both to help me:). We currently have an ohana at 5:15 on July 3 and planned on watching from the beach. All say the view there is great since they launch from the lagoon. But what will we miss? Castle projections?

DH said no to dessert party but I just booked one anyways - LOL. Give me some good reasons why this would be better than Ohana and watching from poly beach. We would probably still do ohana and then head over the MK for the dessert party. Would we be let in if closed to capacity? I know there are different levels of closure.

Also, I booked the after one that shows 8:15 on reservation. Does that mean I check in at 8:15 or 7:15? Not sure what time fireworks are.

I cant help, I am in similar situation but our meal is 7.30 at Narcoossees so I cant double book. I would like to see the fireworks in Magic Kingdom once but rest of group arent so keen on desserts and crowds!! I know if I cancel my dinner chances of getting it back are practically zero so I havent booked the party yet :confused3

I didn't stay at Poly this past year but did the two prior 7/3 & 7/4s. IMHO, you want to stick with watching from Poly on 7/3. There is no downside at all and you won't have to deal with a packed MK. Poly has the best view of any of the monorail resorts with the full show framed perfectly. There are no projections for the 7/3 and 7/4 show, so you're not missing anything there.

View is technically from the Hawaii longhouse, but the main beach viewing is to the left of this and will be substantially similar.

Just my two cents!

Note, my experience with Poly for the special shows like 7/3-4 and 12/30-31 is that the main nights (7/4 and 12/31) they do reserve the main beach area just for Poly guests, but they don't do this for 7/3 and 12/30. For the main nights, I have seen them operate with restricting it to "just resort guests" and sometimes "just resort and ADR guests" - so there is mixed history there. But none of that is a concern on 7/3, unless they do something new.

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7

Anyone have experience with the 4th of July fireworks from California Grill? Since we have booked the dessert party on 7/4, we have reserved a cabana at YC for the morning and then have dinner planned at CG on 7/3. We have dined there during HEA, but not during a 360 show. I assume view would be excellent, but just curious if anyone had personal experience?

So happy I checked here today, I've been looking since the 180 day mark. Just booked for the Terrace for July 4. Our plan for the day is a pool day, dinner at GF then head over to MK just for this. The main reason we chose this is for the seats and to not have to deal w/the crowds as much. Anyone else there on the 4th?

Anyone have experience with the 4th of July fireworks from California Grill? Since we have booked the dessert party on 7/4, we have reserved a cabana at YC for the morning and then have dinner planned at CG on 7/3. We have dined there during HEA, but not during a 360 show. I assume view would be excellent, but just curious if anyone had personal experience?

I watched it from the California Grill balcony a couple years ago and that was the plan this year but we decided to do the dessert party this year since we haven’t watched the 4th fireworks in the MK since our honeymoon 15 years ago! We are still booked for the 3rd to see them from the Grill.
The view is very nice and it was cool to see other firework displays going off in the distance. It seemed a little more crowded out on the balcony that night than for regular HEA nights but we had a good view at the rail we just went out a little earlier than we normally would have. Also after the show it was a mess getting back downstairs so linger outside or at the bar.

I watched it from the California Grill balcony a couple years ago and that was the plan this year but we decided to do the dessert party this year since we haven’t watched the 4th fireworks in the MK since our honeymoon 15 years ago! We are still booked for the 3rd to see them from the Grill.
The view is very nice and it was cool to see other firework displays going off in the distance. It seemed a little more crowded out on the balcony that night than for regular HEA nights but we had a good view at the rail we just went out a little earlier than we normally would have. Also after the show it was a mess getting back downstairs so linger outside or at the bar.
Thanks! That's really helpful!

So happy I checked here today, I've been looking since the 180 day mark. Just booked for the Terrace for July 4. Our plan for the day is a pool day, dinner at GF then head over to MK just for this. The main reason we chose this is for the seats and to not have to deal w/the crowds as much. Anyone else there on the 4th?
We will be.

I booked Garden viewing for the 3rd! Does anyone know if there is a designated wheelchair section in the garden and where it would be located?

We just booked AKV for 4th of July week, (late to the game). First time being down for the 4th. I booked dinner at Kona Cafe 6PM for dinner for a back up plan. Still weighing my options. This thread is very helpful.

Booked garden view for the 3rd... still hoping for an Epcot dessert party for the 4th. What are the chances of getting one of those?

Your plan makes sense! :) We are doing the garden view fireworks party on the 3rd, hanging out at MK on the 4th during the day only, but then heading to HS and take advantage of the potentially lower wait times for rides as most will be elsewhere watching fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!