July 3/4 2020 MK Fireworks Dessert Parties - Watch Thread - UPDATE: NOW OPEN!!!

I just started considering this option yesterday, but I guess it's decision time. However, my daughter has a newly diagnosed tree nut allergy-does anyone know if the desserts served are nut free or at least tree nut free? I saw a review that showed they made a special plate of desserts for a dairy allergy guest. Anyone know if this would be the option? I want the viewing area but that's still a lot of money to pay to have her feel left out of all the dessert excitement.

Got Terrace for the 3rd! Thank you!!!! Of course now I'm second-guessing! Should I have booked plaza garden instead? We did the terrace party in 2017 and loved it so I went for that again. Thanks!

We've done both (though never for the 4th of July) and prefer the Terrace. Yes, the view is kind of off to the side, but it's still great and you can't beat having a seat!

@snuggly duckling thank you SO MUCH for the tag, I got my tickets!!! This seems like a pretty early release, I wonder if they released all availability or just a portion and if they’ll keep opening a chunk periodically?

Thought about terrace but settled on after garden again since I loved the view and then I can decompress while eating desserts after :drinking1

Thank you @snuggly duckling!
I got 7/3 After fireworks party!!!! So excited to enjoy the fireworks without battling the crowd and then eat sweets and relax while hopefully people make their way out of the park. Then on to EMH!!!
So excited!!!! Thank you all for this thread! Hope everyone got what they wanted!

I just started considering this option yesterday, but I guess it's decision time. However, my daughter has a newly diagnosed tree nut allergy-does anyone know if the desserts served are nut free or at least tree nut free? I saw a review that showed they made a special plate of desserts for a dairy allergy guest. Anyone know if this would be the option? I want the viewing area but that's still a lot of money to pay to have her feel left out of all the dessert excitement.

We went two years ago and my wife and I are both vegan (due to her having a dairy/animal fat allergy) and they gave us a special plate with more food than we could finish (and it was all tasty good stuff!)! Just booked the 4th with Garden Plaza viewing and this year we're bringing my daughter's boyfriend who has a tree nut allergy and I have every faith they will accommodate nicely. I don't know exactly what they'll have for the nut allergies, but we've never felt like we didn't get as much (if not more!) than everyone else was getting for the price.

Thanks for the heads up! I was home from work this morning and saw the update & booked the July 3rd after party. Went to the terrace party years ago when our daughter was younger & had my mom along, it was a great experience. However, we haven't been in the hub for a show, and the location looks great. With the holiday crowds, I think its worth it to have a guaranteed spot with minimal stress, and then the perk of drinks & treats ramping up to EMH:drinking1....I am willing to set aside some vacay funds for it. Fingers crossed rain is minimal!

Ok so someone explain to me the difference in each of the different dessert party bookings please! I’m just seeing this and am wondering if it’s worth it for my husband and me.
thanks!

Ok so someone explain to me the difference in each of the different dessert party bookings please! I’m just seeing this and am wondering if it’s worth it for my husband and me.
thanks!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Just doing this from memory and I know things have recently changed to add alcohol to some parties.

The regular "before" party with garden viewing:
  • Cheapest
  • No alcohol
  • Check in up to 90 minutes before fireworks
  • Enjoy desserts in Tomorrowland Terrace then head to fenced in garden area in hub to view fireworks whenever you want to
  • I think the pro is that it's like $10 cheaper than the after party, better if you don't want to eat sweets later at night, and your priority would be a good view of the castle
  • Share garden with after party, so you might have "last dibs" on a spot if you take a while eating desserts, but Disney is usually good about not overselling the parties so there should be plenty of room

The "after" party with garden viewing:
  • Alcohol (beer, wine)
  • Check in up to 90 60 minutes before fireworks
  • Head to garden area right away and view fireworks
  • Head to Tomorrowland Terrace after fireworks to enjoy desserts
  • Pro would be if you want drinks/desserts, you will probably be less rushed since you are not hurrying to get a good spot for viewing
Tomorrowland Terrace viewing:
  • Most expensive
  • Seated at tables but first come first served and not all views are as good, so you will probably have to line up significantly ahead of time to guarantee a spot near the railing for optimal viewing
  • Check in is 60 minutes before fireworks I believe, but I've seen reviews that it can take a while and many people line up ahead of time so you might not be checked in until 30-40 minutes before even if you are in line early
  • Enjoy drinks and desserts before and during fireworks, but they pack up during fireworks so you can't enjoy any after (I think)
  • Pros would be if you want a guaranteed seat

Last edited:
The "after" party with garden viewing:
  • Alcohol (beer, wine)
  • Check in up to 90 minutes before fireworks
  • Head to garden area right away and view fireworks
  • Head to Tomorrowland Terrace after fireworks to enjoy desserts
  • Pro would be if you want drinks/desserts, you will probably be less rushed since you are not hurrying to get a good spot for viewing

Good summary. :-)

Small correction on the After Party - official check-in time is 60 mins pre-show.

Ugh, trying to book and I keep getting an error. 90 minute wait on phone. I sure wish the alert on this thread had worked yesterday! Is anyone getting a sold out on any of the parties? The date shows available on all 3, but when I go to the final page to reserve, I get a booking error.

Last edited:
Ugh, trying to book and I keep getting an error. 90 minute wait on phone. I sure wish the alert on this thread had worked yesterday! Is anyone getting a sold out on any of the parties? The date shows available on all 3, but when I go to the final page to reserve, I get a booking error.

Fingers crossed for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!