July/August itinerary advice

NurseKim

<font color=darkcoral>Hokey Pokey expert<br><font
Hi Everyone! I would love thoughts on my itinerary I completely re-worked this week!

Dates: 7/30-8/8
Arriving ~10am at MCO, renting a car
Characters: Me and my 2 DS then my BF and his 9 yo DS arrive 8/3. My kids and I have been a million times but this is our first longer-than-a-weekend trip since 2014. BF and his DS have been a long time ago but the 9yo is not keen on rides so he's my wild card.
Split stay in 3 resorts, Pop, AKL KV, then offsite Bluegreen Fountains. My kids have no idea we are staying onsite (I made major changes this week)
The 3 of us have 6 day tix, no hopping. I will be purchasing 2 day tix for my BF and his DS
I have no ADRs booked. The only one we usually do is Tusker House Bfast
We don't usually stay for night time entertainment.

Mon 7/30 Arrive at MCO, HS around noonish for a handful of hours for hopefully ToT and RnRC and whatever else we can do. Check in at Pop.
Tues 7/31 AK
Wed 8/1 Epcot
Thur 8/2 Check out Pop/Check in AKL MK
Fri 8/3 off day (I spent a lot of money for AKL...we are going to have the day here!) Pick up my BF and his DS for ~545pm arrival. Dinner near the airport

Here is where it gets tricky. BF's DS loves Star Wars so we will definitely be doing HS. I think the other good park for him is MK. We also plan on Ziplining at Gatorland (he will go ziplining, but won't go on a roller coaster...go figure)

Sat 8/4 Check out AKL/Check in Bluegreen I'm thinking hang around and enjoy AKL for a little while, maybe lunch at T-Rex? Or take advantage of EMH at HS?
Sun 8/5 Magic Kingdom
Mon 8/6 HS or Ziplining?
Tues 8/7 Ziplining? hotel, lunch or dinner somewhere, pack up for early flight next day

Any suggestions and critique you have are appreciated. Thank you!

For your offsite stay, I assume you can't check in there until after 3:00? If you're not going to do a park that day, how about lunch at Sanaa instead of T-Rex or do they want some time at DS? Since they only have 2-day tickets, I wouldn't do a partial day at a park here.

I like leaving ziplining until the very last day. Who knows? Maybe they'll like WDW so much they'll want one more day there instead. You would just have to upgrade tickets before leaving the park on that next to last day.

For your offsite stay, I assume you can't check in there until after 3:00? If you're not going to do a park that day, how about lunch at Sanaa instead of T-Rex or do they want some time at DS? Since they only have 2-day tickets, I wouldn't do a partial day at a park here.

I like leaving ziplining until the very last day. Who knows? Maybe they'll like WDW so much they'll want one more day there instead. You would just have to upgrade tickets before leaving the park on that next to last day.

I am just not sure if taking advantage of the one EMH we all have together is worth getting up early? We are definitely doing a full HS day, just not sure if it will be the day after they arrive (EMH) or Monday where we will be an hour behind resort guests. I hate to rush out of AKL since I paid so much for it

I think ziplining is a good last day activity too

We are definitely doing a full HS day, just not sure if it will be the day after they arrive (EMH) or Monday where we will be an hour behind resort guests. I hate to rush out of AKL since I paid so much for it

I wouldn't worry about that extra hour on Monday for resort guests. Looks like there is an early EMH every day for quite a while, so that will spread out the resort guests. Enjoy AKL that day and do HS on Monday. According to Kenny the Pirate, there are two F! that night which will make it easier to see both F! and the Star Wars Spectacular. Definitely don't miss SWS...it's great!

I'm kind of confused. Is your BF and his son going to be staying at AKL? If so I would have dinner at AKL instead of near the airport. I have heard many good reviews about all their restaurants. I want would love to try Sanaa but have always skipped it since we have not stayed at AKL.
If you can afford the extra cost I would do the dessert party for Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. It is so awesome!

I'm kind of confused. Is your BF and his son going to be staying at AKL? If so I would have dinner at AKL instead of near the airport. I have heard many good reviews about all their restaurants. I want would love to try Sanaa but have always skipped it since we have not stayed at AKL.
If you can afford the extra cost I would do the dessert party for Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. It is so awesome!
I did consider it, but Sanaa does not appeal to 4 out of 5 people in my party.
I will look into the dessert party...thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter