July Crowds

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I haven't been in July in forever (or like ever really) and I am thinking about going down for a quick trip. I had wanted to go in May, then June, but it hasn't been working out. Anyway, I was trying to figure out how crowded it might be. I know summer crowds have waned a bit, but some websites still city July as one of the most crowded times, while others say not so much. A couple of competing crowd calendars are vastly different (for what those are worth anyway). I'm just wondering about real experiences and thoughts from the DIS experts. Thanks!

Not so much. Went last July 5-13 in the parks. Was nice. Not crowded at all. Water parks were similarly empty, considering. Stayed at Beach Club...no issues getting chairs by the pool mid afternoon.

I haven't been in July in forever (or like ever really) and I am thinking about going down for a quick trip. I had wanted to go in May, then June, but it hasn't been working out. Anyway, I was trying to figure out how crowded it might be. I know summer crowds have waned a bit, but some websites still city July as one of the most crowded times, while others say not so much. A couple of competing crowd calendars are vastly different (for what those are worth anyway). I'm just wondering about real experiences and thoughts from the DIS experts. Thanks!
July should be okay this year because I assume that people will be saving their trip for August (SWGE). Of course there may be people trying to avoid SWGE and going in July.... I wouldn't trust crowd calendars though, they're notoriously inaccurate.

I’m a summer fan, have done July the last three years. So long as you can deal with the warm temps/humidity and aren’t detracted by the occasional showers, I think crowds are very manageable.

We love the water parks too - something really nice about a nice hot day just relaxing at either of them. Takes the edge off a hot time of year.

July should be okay this year because I assume that people will be saving their trip for August (SWGE). Of course there may be people trying to avoid SWGE and going in July.... I wouldn't trust crowd calendars though, they're notoriously inaccurate.

Yea, I know crowd calendars are dodgy these dyas, but I was jsut wondering how two of them could be so vastly different. I am thinking this summer may be light due to people waiting for Star Wars. I want to slip in ahead of that...then of course go a little after it opens! Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll worry too much about the crowds. Now, the cost...solo trips are getting pricy!

We do July about each year--like having the vacation to look forward to and plan all summer (we tweak dining/fast pass times, etc.). Expect the summer storms in the afternoon--so plan your fast passes for Test Track earlier in the mornings, etc. as its often down.

Yea, I know crowd calendars are dodgy these dyas, but I was jsut wondering how two of them could be so vastly different.

'Cause they're WAGS...if not frauds.

I agree with GADisneyDad14, July is a great time to go. Crowds have been light.

We went mid July last year for first time. Crowds were great compared to what we used to experience in early June. We booked about 6 weeks in advance but got FP+ for everything (FoP took a bit of searching but I did get it after about a week).

I suspect this July will also be great because it’s right before SW:GE.

July is tour group season. We stayed at Pop with a few different groups but in a preferred room so not near them. We had zero issues with them at resort or the parks.

While June works better for us this year, I absolutely would go in July again.

July can sometimes surprise you, even the week of the 4th. Yes, fireworks on the 3rd and 4th are insane, but we have always found it manageable the rest of the time. Go with the assumption that it will be crazy busy. If it is, you'll be prepared. If it's not, you'll be winning!

I agree that crowd calendars are useless for planning a trip. They use historical data and whatever 'formula' to estimate the future. Even Disney doesn't know how many locals with annual passes will decide to show up on a given day or how many staying at non-disney hotels will decide to use a specific park. Another consideration for July/August will be the temperature. Standing in line for a ride with the blazing summer sun doesn't seem like fun to me.

We have been going in July and this will be our third year. We used to love October but when we went both in October and July one year, July was less crowded. We get up and out early and go out later at night.

We've gone over July 4th twice and were amazed at how manageable the crowds were. Granted, we avoided the parks on the holiday itself but other days were surprisingly moderate in terms of crowds. In fact, crowds were actually better than our fall visits! Now the heat is another story. You need to be prepared for high temps and humidity. But with good planning, mid-afternoon breaks and lots of hydration you should have a fabulous time! We'll be back this July!

I went last July and was very happy with the crowds! It will be HOT though, so be prepared for that. I took an afternoon break every day and concluded that the reason the parks seemed empty was that everyone was at the pool! Haha. But if you can go in July, do it.

Booked my Trip for end of July beginning of August just to beat the star wars crowds. Worried alot of people did the same. But with free dining plan maybe people are waiting and Disney is trying to bring people in

We've gone over July 4th twice and were amazed at how manageable the crowds were. Granted, we avoided the parks on the holiday itself but other days were surprisingly moderate in terms of crowds. In fact, crowds were actually better than our fall visits! Now the heat is another story. You need to be prepared for high temps and humidity. But with good planning, mid-afternoon breaks and lots of hydration you should have a fabulous time! We'll be back this July!

I have often gone in October recently, so it's nice to hear that the crowds compare favorably. I'm not worried about the heat. I am from the South and am used to it. It won't be much hotter there than here.

I have often gone in October recently, so it's nice to hear that the crowds compare favorably. I'm not worried about the heat. I am from the South and am used to it. It won't be much hotter there than here.

I said this before going in September. I almost fell out in the MK.

Maybe you spend a lot of time outside in the summer, but I do not. That heat was brutal. I'm more prepared for it now and will plan a bit better this time around.

I said this before going in September. I almost fell out in the MK.

Maybe you spend a lot of time outside in the summer, but I do not. That heat was brutal. I'm more prepared for it now and will plan a bit better this time around.

You know, I do notice as I get older the heat bothers me more and the cold bothers me less. I used to hate cold weather and would rather it be 100 degrees out. Still, I get out a lot in the summer and don't generally let the weather bug me too much. I know it'll be pretty hot there if I do go.

We are taking our first July trip this year. I'm very curious to see how it goes! We are going to be summer people now, as I don't want to take my kid out of school.

Welcome to my world. Longer summer trips, shorter winter/school year trips in the brief windows where we can fit it in during school breaks and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!