July Movie Schedule & July Trip Reports.

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
It's not in the list format, but thought I would post in case someone is looking for it. I saw this on one of the FB boards.

65307829_10113810097086583_3800896080996990976_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity schedule for July 4th stuff.

65288478_10214911389241942_4579936447649284096_n-jpg.411349

Thanks! We are planning the campfire sing-a-long with the kiddos and now can decide if we stay for the movie.

Last edited:

Here is the video of the July 4th golf cart parade courtesy of Mousesteps / JWL Media.

Bama Ed

Ed, Happy belated 4th of July! Hope your day was perfect! Thank you for the Golf Cart parade video. We plan on being in the Oct. parade if all goes well. Be safe & "See You Real Soon"!!

Ed, Happy belated 4th of July! Hope your day was perfect! Thank you for the Golf Cart parade video. We plan on being in the Oct. parade if all goes well. Be safe & "See You Real Soon"!!

Thanks Gloria, same to you and Arnold.

I'll be looking for you both in the Halloween parade. I did it once and it was a blast. It's up to you, though, if you want to wear a costume in the parade. Some folks do (like me) and some folks don't (like my dad who drove the cart).

I'm actually impressed with how this media company, Mousesteps / JWL Media, keeps up with the Fort activities/parades year round. For the last couple years. If anyone wants to look back at prior year's Fort events, search their youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JeffLangeDVD/videos

Bama Ed

t-minus 10 days to departure for us! We started to work on the packing lists!!! This trip will be golf cart free, while I would normally take one we are a group of 12 and just do not have the setup to take that many carts nor do we want to rent. So I have a 4 bike rack and will use that and the truck if needed to move about FW. I know its semi walk-able, but there are some things that are far away depending on what loop you are on. Plus it will be good for us to go for a ride as a family!

The adventures of pre trip packing is a practice in patience and perseverance. We shove off tomorrow and we are all excited!!

We bought a new bike carrier that is RV certified (and reviewed) to take bikes down to FW since we are going to forgo the golf cart this trip. I ordered it through amazon and it showed up in no time. I figured the box is not damaged and I can deal with it later in the week. Well I went to assemble it after work and one major part is missing. No big deal, I have a welder, the will, and can find a way to fabricate the 3/8" by 30" rod used to secure the bike wheel bars to the cargo carrier. Its an annoyance most of all, and did not take up too much time to deal with. Right now I am looking at all thread as the solution which is easy to do.

Now before I bought this I measured everything based on dimensions and reviews and questions. And wouldn't you know it, that little loop on the receiver side stops me from putting it on the RV's cargo hitch by 4"!!! So I phone a friend who has a 7" extender that is 500# tongue weight rated so I can mount the carrier on the back of the RV. Phew that was a lot to get the bikes down to disney. But my engineering and willingness to make it all work perciviered through it.

With that all addressed, I move on to one other task that needed to be done before we left.....the lawn. Well that's just two hours of driving in circles listening to some tunes on my noice cancelling bluetooth headphones!!! So I load up my Disney playlist because its pre trip time and got mowing!! PS: highly recommend them for anyone who spends a good amount of time on a mower. I love listening to audio books or music while mowing.

If course, wouldn't you know it, Murphy had to strike. One hour into mowing with only the largest and easiest portion of the lawn and I blow out a deck drive belt. It is now after 8pm and tractor supply which is at least 25 minutes away closes in 35 minutes and I am not even remotely ready to run out and deal with this. So I take a deep breath and figure I can just get the parts on the way home tomorrow and finish it then. Which now I am ordering the parts for M to pick up while she is out running errands. I can finish the last of the lawn tonight even by spotlight if I have to!!!

I did not let that get me down though. After I cleaned up what I could about the lawn, J our 9 year old, went with me to put 60 gallons of diesel in the truck so we are topped off and ready to leave in the morning. That is good for about 600 miles of towing and will easily get us to the next fuel stop. M is going to work with the girls to get all the laundry loaded up and put away in the RV, I have a few little things left to do and my goal is to be hitched up and ready to leave with only shore power to disconnect before we hit the road.

Tomorrow is driving and if I have time I will make a post when we stop in Savannah for the night.

I hope jbrostek made it safely to the Fort.

Time flies when you're having fun.

giphy.gif

No news is good news.

Bama Ed

What a week! What a week! It was soooo much fun! One item learned is when you have 10-14 people in your party, there is usually not much downtime for trip reports! Yes we arrived safely at Disney even after my truck when into reduced power mode about 20 minutes before we got to see the sign!

1564496704951.png421417421412

First we got parked and all setup for the trip. Then I was able to find a Ford dealer to take the truck in and figure out the issues with the truck. End of the story it was a bad emissions sensor covered under warranty and the truck was problem free afterwards. We did not let that hurt our trip and Sunday morning we kicked it off with us all at Chef Mickey's for Breakfast!!! Followed by a day in Magic Kingdom with the two families combined. We are two blended families of 4 and 8 people. At times it was a bit crazy and the oldest two of the other family (mid 20's and married broke off) from the group more often then the rest.

We did not have any issues breaking away and catching up as we got to our favorite shows and rides. We did go as a group onto Melissa's favorite Carousel of Progress

Followed by Jessica's favorite ride, Speedway.

Once that was done we were just in time for our fastpass for Space Mountain. Which the comment afterwards was "How does James know where all the cameras are??" was mentioned a few times.

We managed the day well and even got onto Pirates of the Caribbean just before the 3pm thunderstorm arrived and shut down all the outdoor rides. Our family broke off from the group for a bit to grab some nachos at Pecos Bill's and some more sunscreen which resulted in some hilarity as some sunscreen "splashed" onto Lauren's face. After we watched Muppets before our visit to the Christmas store and getting dated ornaments.

Afterwards the families regrouped for our evening fastpass for Mine Train.

As the our other group ran out of steam we hiked over and went for a quick Jungle Cruise that we snagged a fastpass for and then enjoyed some of the park attractions like winnie the pooh and the carrousel before the evening fireworks.

By the time we got home that evening around 10:30 the other RV was fast asleep LOL. We suggested they start training months in advance for all the walking and long days.

I will follow up with more recap as time allows. I have more emails and work to catch up on.

Continuted......

Monday we queued up Hollywood Studios. While our extended Framily where delayed getting to HS, we had a fastpass for rockin roller coaster and our teenager was ready to get on the ride. So we went to that why the rest of the group got sorted out and met us at the park. Our friends John and Lisa joined us for the first weekend as well. They kind of did their own thing but we got to see them each day till they had to leave for home.

Finally the whole group got to HS. We had a first timer and avid Star Wars fan among the other family at Disney and it was our goal to let him soak it all in. Turns out others in the family also where huge fans!!

After some Launch Bay time we rolled off for a lunchtime snack and them off to the Frozen Sing Along and a quick meeting with Olaf!

We of course had to make it over to Muppets as that is a do not miss show for us!

And then we saw that Toy Story Mania's had a short wait of 20 mintues!!!! So we hightailed it over there and got on quickly! After the ride we found out Lauren scored a zero (not working) so we said something. And Disney threw us some magic and had us wait and get back on the ride a second time!!!! That was a blast. After we left the ride to catch the evening fireworks, Jessica said "We need to get a picture with all the J's." So she, John and myself had to stop of a photo op!

We finished the night with a pretty good view of the fireworks and a snapped a few fun night shots on our way out the door.

The next day was a planned down day for most of the group, but Melissa and I had something special planned for Jessica.....

August already!!!! Man time flies once you get back from vacation.

Tuesday was a fun treat day for the younger daughter Jessica. We booked a scavenger hunt style tour called "family magic". It started at 10am in Magic Kingdom and Jessica had a blast of a time. It was a fun little adventure and definitely for the 4-10 age range. We started the day with some breakfast sweets before the start of our tour.

The tour takes us from location to location to find the clues along the way. And sometimes we have to sneak past the giant to get to the hidden keys!

They even get to interact with Peter pan!!! In the search for the clues. And wouldn't you know it, the final clue and item to find was Mickey's own bear Duffy, which all know that Minnie made for him with love and care. We got to celebrate with them at the end of the tour.

It was a fun tour and worth it to us to give some special time to our non ride loving girl.

Once that was done we had a special task ahead......

After the tour and before we grabbed some lunch. Melissa and I had a very special task ahead. We decided to use this trip to add some magic to our wedding and mail our very special save the dates out from Magic Kingdom.

Jessica was happy to help us add some magic to our envelopes for all to enjoy.

After that task was taken care of, we mailed them off to everyone! And we decided to send ourselves a little magical memory too!

Once that task was done, we took Jessica for a fastpass on her favorite ride Speedway!

And then to Casey's corner for some lunch!

After Melissa and I split one of those and Jessica had a regular size dog, we went off to Small World and caught the Dapper Dan's on our way to leave the park. By now it was 2pm, and we could see the 3 O'Clock storm on the horizon. It was a good time to stop in for Melissa's pandora charm and head to the RV.

We wrapped up the day with dinner in the RV for us an the other families kids while they went off to have a date night and eat at Jiko! After dinner we went to the campfire sing along and watched Up! Before retiring for the night.

After our down day (seriously we don't know how to do that!!) Wednesday was a big day for us! It was our Epcot day and the night we planned to watch Illuminations for the last time. None of us will be back before the last time it shows.

The day started out with a fastpass for Soarin' round the world. Melissa, the girls and I have already seen the new scenes and smells. But the others had not gone yet. They hated it because it changed, and loved it because it was just as fun and drew you in. After that we made it over to Living with the Land, which was a good delay because as we where riding through the greenhouse area it started to downpour aristcats and 101 dalmations outside. Once we got off living with the land the rains had subsided and we went over to the seas area. We first went to find nemo, and then hung out with our main dude crush!

After that we had the goal of getting on test track. Wouldn't you know it, another storm on its way, so we went to see Figment before we worked our way over to a visit to club cool and by then it was time for a lunchtime reservation at Rose and Crown. We where headed over to test track when, more rain came and they shut it down. So we took some time to tour some of the pavillions while a few character meets got to happen too.

Once Lunch was over we finally made it on test track!! And after the 1 our wait we got greeted with, more rain. (PS I know where camera was, again.) Those faces are what its like to come out the door for the speed track into heavy drizzle.

After test track and the 1 hour downpour, it was back to the world showcase to secure a spot to watch illuminations. We settled on going to France for the viewing area. We were happy to have gotten some great seating and a clear view of it all. I did not get any photos because the entire group was focused on the show rather then our phones or cameras. One thing our friend noted and I agree is how much they have shortened illuminations over the years from the original millennium celebration. Even from the last time I saw it, it felt further abridged. After the show we slowly made it over through Mouse Gear for some shopping and then back to the campground for a hard night's sleep. We said goodnight to Epcot, till our Honeymoon when M and I will see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!