July Tour Groups

emilymad

DIS Veteran
Do the large tour groups in July stay at certain resorts? We have been there during Pop Warner and some of the cheerleader groups. We would prefer to avoid the groups at our hotel if possible.

It is possible to find The 15s at all Values(with the exception of AoA) and all Moderates(with POFQ being the least likely).

Stayed at All Stars in July once and they were all over. Definitely wouldn't do that again. As others have said, I would avoid any of the values and perhaps the cheapest of the mods too.

Stayed at All Stars in July once and they were all over. Definitely wouldn't do that again. As others have said, I would avoid any of the values and perhaps the cheapest of the mods too.
Agreed. Last July we stayed at All Star Movies and they were awful to be next to -- kept us up all night. We asked to be transferred to CSR and there were no tour groups there. They were at Caribbean Beach last year too.

Last edited:

Agreed. Last July we stayed at All Star Movies and they were awful to be next too -- kept us up all night. We asked to be transferred to CSR and there were no tour groups there. They were at Caribbean Beach last year too.
Oh no! We'll be at CBR in July. Do you know the dates they are there?

I think different groups rotate in and out all summer long, starting in June, peaking in July, and then dwindling in August. You really can't avoid them at any point in July, but I think you see far fewer of them at the moderates than at the values.

For our dates CBR is the cheapest moderate closely followed by CSR. The difference is only a couple of dollars. There is a lots of availability at CSR. I don't know if that is good or bad.

ALL of July-that is their Winter Break.

And they can be in LARGE numbers at the Mods at times.

When OPR was being rebuilt and Disney set up a "tent" called Centertown Buffet to serve as the restaurant,there were so many 15s in July,2017 staying at CBR that they had their OWN separate tent! :)

Last edited:
Ah yes, the large clapping, chanting teen groups. You may have to look at the Deluxes if you want to avoid them completely.

ALL of July-that is their Winter Break.

And they can be in LARGE numbers at the Mods at times.

When OPR was being rebuilt and Disney set up a "tent" called Centertown Buffet to serve as the restaurant,there were so many 15s in July,2017 staying at CBR that they had their OWN separate tent! :)
Ugh. I guess I can cross my fingers there will be less of them this year since OPR is finished and CBR isn't as bargain priced as it was during all the construction? Large groups of unsupervised teenage girls sounds like a nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!